PDA

View Full Version : If Magglio Active, Are You In Attendance This Weekend?

WhiteSoxFan84
04-26-2005, 02:39 PM
I was looking up tickets for this upcoming weekend series we have against the Tigers trying to see if the amazing start has any impact on advanced ticket sales. The answer is very sadly no. I found 4 tickets in section 119 and two tickets in section 120, both down the first base side. This doesn't mean that the attendance won't be in the 25-30,000's, as the walk up crowd might be HUGE.

My question to you is (IF you're not attending a game this weekend) if Magglio Ordonez was playing and in town this weekend, would you be more willing to go to any of the weekend games? Whether it was to cheer him or jeer him.

For those of you with tickets for this weekend, did you get them partly because you thought Magglio would be in town?

My answer is yes. I'd be able to make it to the Friday night game (I might still go), but if Magglio was playing, I'm pretty sure I'd be going without any doubt. Why? Just to make sure he gets as many boos as possible.

Frater Perdurabo
04-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Magglio who?

Flight #24
04-26-2005, 02:41 PM
you'd come out to jeer Maggs, but not to cheer on the best team in baseball?

:?:

WhiteSoxFan84
04-26-2005, 02:42 PM
you'd come out to jeer Maggs, but not to cheer on the best team in baseball?

:?:

here we go again. can we avoid the OBVIOUS? of course id cheer the sox. im the kind of guy who's voice is gone after the 4th inning.

MUsoxfan
04-26-2005, 02:43 PM
I don't care who's in RF, I'll be there if at all possible.

chaz171
04-26-2005, 02:47 PM
here we go again. can we avoid the OBVIOUS? of course id cheer the sox. im the kind of guy who's voice is gone after the 4th inning.

I want to state the obvious!

I want to cheer for the Sox,

as for ordonez,

I will boo him.

gosox41
04-26-2005, 03:24 PM
I was looking up tickets for this upcoming weekend series we have against the Tigers trying to see if the amazing start has any impact on advanced ticket sales. The answer is very sadly no. I found 4 tickets in section 119 and two tickets in section 120, both down the first base side. This doesn't mean that the attendance won't be in the 25-30,000's, as the walk up crowd might be HUGE.

My question to you is (IF you're not attending a game this weekend) if Magglio Ordonez was playing and in town this weekend, would you be more willing to go to any of the weekend games? Whether it was to cheer him or jeer him.

For those of you with tickets for this weekend, did you get them partly because you thought Magglio would be in town?

My answer is yes. I'd be able to make it to the Friday night game (I might still go), but if Magglio was playing, I'm pretty sure I'd be going without any doubt. Why? Just to make sure he gets as many boos as possible.

I'm there Friday and Sunday no matter who is playing for the Tigers.

Do you thing the Bulls playoff games will have a negative effect on White Sox attendance like they did during the Jordan era?

Bob

fusillirob1983
04-26-2005, 04:07 PM
We already have tickets for Friday, bought them way back in February.

skobabe8
04-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Someone mentioned before that being completely silent when Magglio is introduced would be alot more powerful than raining the generic "Boooo" down on him. I agree, though it would be next to impossible to get everyone to do it.

Jjav829
04-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Magglio? I'm going there to boo Craig Monroe!

ewokpelts
04-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Magglio? I'm going there to boo Craig Monroe!
Same here. But without the teal.
Gene

p.s. Attendance wont hurt too much because of the bulls. They are not expected to advance past the second round. IF they beat Shaq, then yeah....no will be at either park.

SoxFan76
04-26-2005, 05:51 PM
If I have a chance to go to a game, I go. I don't care if you're KC, TB, you better bring your "A" game...just jokin

I will be in attendance Friday, Maggs or no Maggs.

jortafan
04-26-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm going this weekend, but not because of Magglio.

I want to see Orlando Hernandez pitch, and I'm planning my visit for his game against Detroit.

The only problem is that I'm not sure if he's still going Saturday, or if he's going to be bumped up to pitch on Friday.

Insofar as Magglio is concerned, I wouldn't want to be him this weekend. I won't be surprised if he "suddenly" finds himself unable to play until Monday.

irish rover
04-26-2005, 06:29 PM
just reported on am 1000 maggs out 2-3 months, under going the knife for hernia

Mark Buehrle
04-26-2005, 06:53 PM
just reported on am 1000 maggs out 2-3 months, under going the knife for hernia

You beat me to it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2047005