PDA

View Full Version : Attendance "challenge"

rogersparkembarrassment
04-26-2005, 02:18 PM
I am putting out a challeng to all sox fans, especially south siders. This club deserves a packed house when they return on Friday. As usual, there are plenty of good seats available for Friday nights game. Let's throw out the welcome mat in grand style. Buy your tickets now!!!!!

Palehose13
04-26-2005, 02:21 PM
I am putting out a challeng to all sox fans, especially south siders. This club deserves a packed house when they return on Friday. As usual, there are plenty of good seats available for Friday nights game. Let's throw out the welcome mat in grand style. Buy your tickets now!!!!!

I live in Milwaukee and I already had tickets to Sunday's game with my Ozzie ST package. I went and bought tickets for Friday this morning. I can't stay in Chicago all weekend, so if I can drive from Milwaukee and back twice this weekend...I want to see a packed house! These guys deseve it!

Rocky Soprano
04-26-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm trying to move a previous engagement just so I can be there on Friday. Hope to see a lot of you there.

Palehose13
04-26-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm trying to move a previous engagement just so I can be there on Friday. Hope to see a lot of you there.

Awesome. As of right now, I haven't heard back from a friend that may want to go. If he doesn't go, I have a ticket next to me in Box 147 row 6. :wink:

Jerko
04-26-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm there every Saturday, Sunday, and afternoon weekday game. Plus assorted other Wed. nites.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-26-2005, 02:29 PM
You're preaching to the choir. WSIers are very devoted to the team and attend about as many Sox games as is possible.

Shouldn't we be "challenging" the Chicago media to encourage CHICAGOANS to come out and support a record-breaking team?
:?:

There are 7 million Chicagoans, but only a tiny fraction of them are Sox Fans, the ones who give a damned about winning baseball and already show up, right?

Time to pin this tail on the right donkey. A half-empty Sox Park is a poor reflection on CHICAGO, not Sox Fans. Plenty of idiot Chicagoans are showing up at the wrong ballpark to support losers.

whitesoxwilkes
04-26-2005, 02:30 PM
We win one more in Oakland, and I'll be there Friday to stand and clap.

Otherwise, I'll only be there Saturday and Sunday. Such a fairweather fan.

Palehose13
04-26-2005, 02:40 PM

LOL...you sure are! :wink:

Flight #24
Plenty of idiot Chicagoans are showing up at the wrong ballpark to support losers.

Looks like the Trib has the wrong "George" writing up headlines, this would be a perfect one!

Ol' No. 2
Saturday is a Fireworks night, and those are always pretty packed. Plus, it's Motown Night.:smile::smile:

Don't worry. The bandwagon is picking up steam. Pretty soon there will be a half-hour wait in the churros line.:(:

jackbrohamer
04-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Chrissakes is there any other team in professional sports where the team's enemies and fans alike talk so much about attendance. Attendance has nothing to do with baseball, it's just a convenient thing that idiots with nothing else to complain about can rip on the Sox for.

Palehose13
04-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Chrissakes is there any other team in professional sports where the team's enemies and fans alike talk so much about attendance. Attendance has nothing to do with baseball, it's just a convenient thing that idiots with nothing else to complain about can rip on the Sox for.

If it makes you feel any better, there was a small blurb in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel this morning after the box score of the Tigers-twins game. It read somehting to the effect of "Detroit reported about 10,000 tickets sold for the game, but it looked like there weren't even 1000 people at Comerica Park."

MUsoxfan
04-26-2005, 02:47 PM
You're preaching to the choir. WSIers are very devoted to the team and attend about as many Sox games as is possible.

Exactly right. I've already been to 6 games this year (no season tix), and plan to have my 9th by Tuesday. Anyone on this site will go to the games whenever possible.

PaleHoseGeorge

It's the ultimate club used against us, isn't it? We Sox Fans are to blame because 90 percent of Chicago agrees with the Cubune's editor when he writes "Garland FINALLY delivers on potential."

It's really sick when you stop and think about it. Chicagoans are IDIOTS when it comes to supporting winning baseball, but by all means let's rip on the only Chicagoans willing to support a winning team.

:kukoo:

:giangreco
"I'm an idiot and proud of it! Now back to our live remote at Clark & Addison for an update on Nomar's hangnail!"

Baby Fisk
There are 7 million Chicagoans, but only a tiny fraction of them are Sox Fans, the ones who give a damned about winning baseball and already show up, right?

Time to pin this tail on the right donkey. A half-empty Sox Park is a poor reflection on CHICAGO, not Sox Fans. Plenty of idiot Chicagoans are showing up at the wrong ballpark to support losers.

*getting Homefishy*

That lends itself to the argument that Chicago might be better off as a one-team town.

*runs away and hides*

gosox3072
04-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Anyone wanna buy me a ticket?.....i have 37 cents in my bank account:whiner:. Only 2 weeks till i start working again

MUsoxfan
04-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Anyone wanna buy me a ticket?.....i have 37 cents in my bank account:whiner:. Only 2 weeks till i start working again

Whoa....almost 400 posts and no teal?? My eyes are burning

ewokpelts
04-26-2005, 02:53 PM

I'm dissapointed in you.

ewokpelts
04-26-2005, 02:54 PM
If it makes you feel any better, there was a small blurb in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel this morning after the box score of the Tigers-twins game. It read somehting to the effect of "Detroit reported about 10,000 tickets sold for the game, but it looked like there weren't even 1000 people at Comerica Park." well...detroit is covered in a foot of snow right now
Gene

Unregistered
04-26-2005, 02:57 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2629

voodoochile
04-26-2005, 02:59 PM
It's the ultimate club used against us, isn't it? We Sox Fans are to blame because 90 percent of Chicago agrees with the Cubune's editor when he writes "Garland FINALLY delivers on potential."

It's really sick when you stop and think about it. Chicagoans are IDIOTS when it comes to supporting winning baseball, but by all means let's rip on the only Chicagoans willing to support a winning team.

"I'm an idiot and proud of it! Now back to our live remote at Clark & Addison for an update on Nomar's hangnail!"

That headline kills me... I mean how much more obvious can they be?

They traded the guy 6 years ago to get Matt Karchner (yes THE Matt Karchner), but of course they didn't really trade anything important because it took Garland 6 years to actually do something worth mentioning, nevermind that he is still only 25 and wouldn't have been in the rotation for the last few years if there wasn't a shortage of arms available to the Sox over the same period of time.

Maybe the Tribune's head line should read: "Trib company subsidiary Finally recognizes their mistake in trading the amazing Garland."

(Yes, THE Jon Garland...)

Ol' No. 2
04-26-2005, 02:59 PM

"I'm an idiot and proud of it! Now back to our live remote at Clark & Addison for an update on Nomar's hangnail!"People are, by and large, sheep. They will do whatever they've been led to believe the "in" people are doing. Chicagoans aren't any different from anybody else. But it's going to be harder to convince the majority of people that it's cool to sit in Wrigley and watch a .500 team when the Sox are playing winning baseball.

Expect the Blue Corporation to become even more strident in promoting their product. Moronotti will become increasingly inane until finally, if the Sox do make the playoffs, he'll be so shrill that only dogs will be able to hear him. But in the end, they're just putting lipstick on a pig. There are already signs that the North Side Soap Opera is beginning to wear thin.

Winning baseball sells itself - especially when you don't have Rob Gallas to screw it up.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-26-2005, 03:00 PM
*getting Homefishy*

That lends itself to the argument that Chicago might be better off as a one-team town.

*runs away and hides*

Homefishy?
:?:

Please explain why.

I'm not willing to blame the VICTIMS for not filling the ballpark. Sox Fans are there.

It's the other 6 million who aren't there causing complaints.

Sounds like Chicagoans have a congenital problem supporting winning baseball. We have no problem supporting losing baseball.
:(:

Now let's roll videotape!

"Nothing happened in sports today but Bears Camp starts in less than 10 weeks. Here's the Professor to break it down for us!"

Palehose13
04-26-2005, 03:09 PM
well...detroit is covered in a foot of snow right now
Gene

What's wrong with those people?!?!? Snow baseball is awesome!

PHG...I think BabyFisk was saying that his next statement was "homefishy", not yours.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-26-2005, 03:11 PM
PHG...I think BabyFisk was saying that his next statement was "homefishy", not yours.

Ah! Now that would be "homefishy."
:wink:

mweflen
04-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Going Friday, Sunday, Tuesday.

I don't need no stinking "challenge."

And I don't need a loudspeaker to blare "on your feet," either.

Baby Fisk
04-26-2005, 03:16 PM
I think BabyFisk was saying that his next statement was "homefishy", not yours.

Correct. I was taking the conversation into bizarrely negative territory seemingly to please myself = getting Homefishy.

Anyway, if the vast majority of Chicago baseball fans are satisfied in wrapping themselves up in the losing traditions of the north side, and show perennial disinterest in the other team, why bother with two teams?

Ol' No. 2
04-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Correct. I was taking the conversation into bizarrely negative territory seemingly to please myself = getting Homefishy.

Anyway, if the vast majority of Chicago baseball fans are satisfied in wrapping themselves up in the losing traditions of the north side, and show perennial disinterest in the other team, why bother with two teams?We need another team for people who actually like and understand baseball.

Rocklive99
04-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Sigh, Ticketmaster.com still shows great seats available. I was thinking there'd be a big crowd with the expected return of Maggs. Hopefully the winning will help sales or a nice walk up.

Part of the problem is that not all White Sox fans go to or know about WSI. We all see all the attendance threads and make all efforts possible, but we are the die hards, we have to spread the word to the casual fans

Baby Fisk
04-26-2005, 03:26 PM
We need another team for people who actually like and understand baseball.
Just being devil's advocate. Imagine the coverage if the Sox were the only team in town? It's ridiculous that a team in one of the biggest cities in North America is routinely passed off as something of trivial import to its citizenry (by the local press) and baseball fans as a whole (by the national press).

NSSoxFan
04-26-2005, 03:31 PM
It's my Easter this weekend, so I will be at church Friday night, Saturday morning and evening, and on Sunday a get together at my house. My brother, cousin, and I have decided to go to the Saturday game, even though we have to be at church around 10.

This team has always had support from WSI'ers, it is time for the media to challenge the casual fan to come out and see the Sox.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Just being devil's advocate. Imagine the coverage if the Sox were the only team in town? It's ridiculous that a team in one of the biggest cities in North America is routinely passed off as something of trivial import to its citizenry (by the local press) and baseball fans as a whole (by the national press).

:knue
"Baby Fisk, never underestimate the power and influence of Big Blue. Between our newspapers, radio stations and cable TV empire, it's a wonder Ronnie Woo-Woo doesn't have his own nationally syndicated sit-com on the WB Network."

:ohno
"Let me guess. Not enough teeth for prime time?"

MUsoxfan
04-26-2005, 03:39 PM
The Sox always have alot of walk-up sales. It will be the case this weekend, especially on Saturday for the Fireworks. I'll go out on a limb and say 36,000 for Saturday night (including myself)

Scotty347
04-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Call me a sissy, but I'm keeping a close eye on that weather report for Friday night. If they sweep Oakland, I'm going to have to attend regardless.

Palehose13
04-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Call me a sissy, but I'm keeping a close eye on that weather report for Friday night. If they sweep Oakland, I'm going to have to attend regardless.

Sissy. :tongue:

HomeFish
04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
I'll be in Berkley all weekend for a quiz bowl tournament; I'll attend an Athletics game there, but the Sox will obviously be back in Chicago.

I do plan on attending the KC series, though.

skobabe8
04-26-2005, 04:34 PM
It's my Easter this weekend, so I will be at church Friday night, Saturday morning and evening, and on Sunday a get together at my house. My brother, cousin, and I have decided to go to the Saturday game, even though we have to be at church around 10.

This team has always had support from WSI'ers, it is time for the media to challenge the casual fan to come out and see the Sox.

Would you happen to be Serbian?

ewokpelts
04-26-2005, 04:37 PM
I'll be in Berkley all weekend for a quiz bowl tournament; I'll attend an Athletics game there, but the Sox will obviously be back in Chicago.

I do plan on attending the KC series, though.
check out the friends and family offer in this post:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48939
Gene

bafiarocks03
04-26-2005, 04:42 PM
im hoping to be there on Sunday!!

hdog1017
04-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Imagine the hype around the games this weekend if Mag$ didn't have a "hernia." I think hernia is Spanish for hurt knee and bruised ego.