PDA

View Full Version : Anybody catch Dan Patrick show 4/26?

Jaffar
04-26-2005, 02:07 PM
I didn't catch the first hour of his show but I heard him make a comment about stuff going on in the White Sox locker room. I have no idea what he is talking about so this is pure speculation but I have a feeling he did a mockery of our team. If you happened to catch it I'd be interested to know. Thanks.

Jaffar
04-26-2005, 02:08 PM
nevermind, he is talking about Ozzie and Maggs.

SoxFan78
04-26-2005, 02:10 PM
DP is blowing the Ozzie/Maggs situation way out of control right now. Day late, dollar short Dan.

Why talk about how good they are playing? Lets talk about Ozzie's comments from last week.

Flight #24
04-26-2005, 02:12 PM
FWIW, he's going to have KW on in a bit, which ought to be nice. And for the roadhouse, he's also going to have Moronotti on to talk about Ozzie.

tlebar318
04-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Dan Patrick says he is going to ask Kenny Williams if he is "concerned" about Ozzie's management style. Will it eventually wear thin with his players is what he is getting at I guess. KW's comments should be interesting.

Jaffar
04-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Somebody let Hangar know about the coverage. It sounds like DP is setting us up for this to be neg towards the Sox but I think KW will clear that up, although I'm not sure where it will go with Moronotti.

Irishsox1
04-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Dan Patrick is a lot better with the telepropter on. A lot less crap comes out of his mouth.

The Racehorse
04-26-2005, 02:23 PM
DP is blowing the Ozzie/Maggs situation way out of control right now. Day late, dollar short Dan.

Why talk about how good they are playing? Lets talk about Ozzie's comments from last week.

The reason they're behind the 8 ball is because last week he [and the rest of ESPN] we're so busy talking about the sub .500 Yankees, the TB vs. Boston brawl, and Nomar's groin.

Any dialog along the lines of "baseballs best record belongs to the venerable White Sox" would give the suits who run ESPN the hives.

SoxFan78
04-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Isn't this all old news anyways? Maybe if Patrick didnt dedicate a whole show to how George Steinbrenner spoke out against the Yankees, he could of covered the White Sox.

This is rediciolus. Mariotti is gonna have a field day. I guarantee they dont bring up any of the current white sox players and the achievements they have accomplished.

Kogs35
04-26-2005, 02:27 PM
kenny is on now already said this has been beaten to death

The Racehorse
04-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Isn't this all old news anyways? Maybe if Patrick didnt dedicate a whole show to how George Steinbrenner spoke out against the Yankees, he could of covered the White Sox.

Nice. :cool:

Jaffar
04-26-2005, 02:28 PM
"..and Magglio certainly knows it's true" KW hahahahahahaha:bandance::supernana::bandance:

tlebar318
04-26-2005, 02:30 PM
KW just said he did not hire Ozzie to be anything but a motivator to let the guys know what is expected. He also said that Maggs "knows the truth". KW seems firmly in Ozzie's corner...glad to hear it. I am sure this interview is not going how Patrick would like it to go. He will get the negativity he is looking for when Moronotti gets on the air in a little while....

tlebar318
04-26-2005, 02:32 PM
very quick interview...over already! I wonder why? not enough controversy for Dan maybe? :D:

Jaffar
04-26-2005, 02:33 PM
KW just backed up Ozzie big time and I don't think it is what DP was hoping for. Kenny talking about how it would be nice if there were more managers like Ozzie, also took a little shot at Thomas about how they got to him right away to keep him from acting up over ozzies comments.

Flight #24
04-26-2005, 02:35 PM
KW just backed up Ozzie big time and I don't think it is what DP was hoping for. Kenny talking about how it would be nice if there were more managers like Ozzie, also took a little shot at Thomas about how they got to him right away to keep him from acting up over ozzies comments.

I didn't hear it as a "shot" at Frank at all. More as a "circle the wagons" thing where they had to explain it to Frank so that he knew the REAL quotes, not just what was reported, and that Frank experienced the same thing being baited by the media.

KW did take a swipe at Maggs - "Ozzie didn't choose this fight", and Magglio knows the truth".

Jaffar
04-26-2005, 02:42 PM
I didn't hear it as a "shot" at Frank at all. More as a "circle the wagons" thing where they had to explain it to Frank so that he knew the REAL quotes, not just what was reported, and that Frank experienced the same thing being baited by the media.

You're probably right, I think it was more the way I was listening since it sounded like DP was looking for some controversy.

pdimas
04-26-2005, 02:43 PM
I like Kenny mentioning that Ozzie grew up in a tough neighborhood in Venezuela and that he never backed down from a fight then going on to say that the Ordonez thing was a fight that was brought to him.

The Racehorse
04-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Last week, I heard Jim Rome make a passing comment on this... "Ozzie Guillen crushes Magglio Ordonez"...

... hilarious.

SoxFan78
04-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Mariotti: The White Sox are dominating the media...

and no, that shouldnt be in teal.

daveeym
04-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Mariotti: The White Sox are dominating the media...

and no, that shouldnt be in teal. LOL, he just peruses WSI and then says the opposite. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :lurkers

tlebar318
04-26-2005, 02:50 PM
What's wrong with Moronotti? He was somewhat complimentary of the Sox and told Dan Patrick that Ozzie is a manager of the year candidate so far...next thing you know he will be having dinner with Hawk! :rolleyes:

Jaffar
04-26-2005, 02:51 PM
"Miraculously" turned into a Cubs/Red Sox/Nomar interview.

ChiSoxBobette
04-26-2005, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=SoxFan78]DP is blowing the Ozzie/Maggs situation way out of control right now. Day late, dollar short Dan.

Why talk about how good they are playing? Lets talk about Ozzie's comments from last week.[/QUOTE
the espn idiots are just trying to cause turmoil within the White Sox clubhouse, anything to send the Sox the other way especially after most of them picked the White Sox to do squat.

elrod
04-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Was Magglio a product of the "rough streets of Caracas too?" Seriously, Venezuela has a massive class divide, one of the largest in the world. If it's like the Dominican Republic, then most of the athletes emerged from the dirt poor streets. I saw a story somewhere about Johan Santana where they talked about his time offseason in Venezuela after winning the Cy Young. They mentioned a meeting he had with the President Hugo Chavez. Now Chavez is a hard-left guy whose support comes from the poor so I naturally assumed that the now-rich Santana would have avoided him like the plague. But instead it seemed that Santana was in seventh heaven discussing baseball with President Chavez. So I wonder if Magglio is also from the hard working class, like Santana and Guillen. If not, that might be a subtext to some of the anger. Just a theory.

Rocklive99
04-26-2005, 03:13 PM
How can you guys listen to that dope? He drags out a topic so much and usually only pays attention to the national stuff that has been beaten to death. The whole show is justt sooooo boring and fulfills the stereotype of AM radio, I'd rather listen to Rome.

tlebar318
04-26-2005, 03:14 PM
I would rather listen to Rome also but not available on my XM radio!

converted
04-26-2005, 03:52 PM
An absolute ridiculous interview. KW spends most of the time explaining what actually was said by Ozzie about Frank and THE REST OF THE TEAM having a poor attitude, including himself. Said it was the media who looked at it and picked out Franks name and decided to run stories about Ozzie taking shots at him. DP goes to commercial, comes back with Moronotti, and asks Jay why Ozzie would "TAKE SHOTS AT BIG FRANK?!" ***???!!!! Did the interview with KW not take place???? DP completely chose to ignore the real story, and focus on the juicier one. :whatever: