PDA

View Full Version : Sox top 3 guns?

Fake Chet Lemon
04-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Let's gather around the Kool-Aid pitcher. If the playoffs started now, who would be our big three? Buehrle is the given. El Duque has been MONEY in the post-season. Garcia has been MONEY in September and October over his career. Garland is throwing well, but is he battle tested enought for October? My vote right now would be:

1 Buehrle, 2 El Duque, 3 Garcia

Frater Perdurabo
04-26-2005, 01:07 PM
How about a multi-choice poll, where voters can choose three of the five?

If the playoffs began today, I'd have to choose Buehrle and Garcia. The tough choice is between Garland and Hernandez. Spectacular so far vs. postseason experience. I might just have to go with a four-man rotation and move Contreras to the pen.

SOXSINCE'70
04-26-2005, 01:09 PM
He contnues to pitch the way he did last night,
and it'll be Beuhrle,Garcia,Garland.Yeah,I know it's early,
but 4-0 is 4-0.

FYI,going into Tuesday night,4 pitchers have records
of 4-0; Jamie Moyer,Garland,Dontrelle Willis and Jon Leiber.

What do all 4 have in common??

Answer:Moyer and Leiber are ex sCrUBS,Willis and Garland
were one time sCrUBS farm hands.:D: :cool:

Hagan
04-26-2005, 02:37 PM
This is a tough question but as of right now

1. Buehrle
2. Garland
3. Hernandez/Garcia depends if it is a day or night game. During the day game i am throwing Garcia.

This is just what I think it should be right now just looking at what they have done so far this year.

Tekijawa
04-26-2005, 02:39 PM
1. Mark Prior (Traded after the allstar break due to the Cubs being 19 games out)

2. Mark Buehrle

3. Freddy

Scotty347
04-26-2005, 02:45 PM
You have to go with a 4 man rotation - with Garland being the #4.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-26-2005, 03:31 PM
You have to go with a 4 man rotation - with Garland being the #4.

Who is your #2?

batmanZoSo
04-26-2005, 03:36 PM
If the playoffs started today, it would have to be...

Buehrle, because he's the best period.
Garcia, because he's got the second best track record and playoff experience (in Comiskey no less, albeit in another uniform)
Hernandez, because he's simply lights out in October.
Garland over Contreras without a second of hesitation. The only reason Garland isn't higher is because he's just coming into his own and obviously has never pitched in October before.

Different if you're talking about our rotation's power rankings on the year, then it's...

Garland 4-0 1.80
Buehrle 3-1 2.61
Garcia 2-1 3.21
Hernandez 2-1 2.35
Contreras 0-0 3.48

I give Garcia the nod over Hernandez because the latter has been shaky and wild. Not to take anything away from him as he's battled without his best stuff a lot, but he's been walking thin ice at times. Garcia's 15/7 K/BB, Hernandez 14/11. I have more faith in Garcia at the moment.

California Sox
04-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Am I missing something or does El Duque have nothing right now? He's the smartest pitcher I have ever seen because against KC, he had nothing and gave up 1 earnie. Meanwhile, Contreras (of whom I have never been a huge fan) looked terrific. I'd say definitely Buerhle, Freddy, Garland and a fourth of either Jose or El Duque depending upon who's throwing the ball better at the time. (One plus is that Contreras has bullpen experience and could be shifted over easily.) I will say this, it's a nice problem to have.