PDA

View Full Version : Stupid quotes by Cubs fans

Mark Buehrle
04-26-2005, 11:52 AM
In my highschool, I'm surrounded by annoying Cubs fans. Every day I hear the stupidest things come out of their mouths. List stupid quotes by cubs fans in this topic

"It's harder to pitch in the National League because the pitchers have to worry about hitting."

Rocky Soprano
04-26-2005, 11:58 AM
"Cub Fans don't care about the Sox."

skobabe8
"Prior and Wood will combine for more wins than any 2 Sox pitchers."

Uncle_Patrick
In my highschool, I'm surrounded by annoying Cubs fans. Every day I hear the stupidest things come out of their mouths. List stupid quotes by cubs fans in this topic

"It's harder to pitch in the National League because the pitchers have to worry about hitting."

Yeah, I'm sure all those pitchers are on the mount thinking "Oh man, I've got to bat next inning! What am I going to do?"

soltrain21
04-26-2005, 12:00 PM
"blah Blah 2003"

NonetheLoaiza
04-26-2005, 12:11 PM
"Who's Ernie Banks?"

and

"No, Steve Buechele was a great 3B."

JB98
04-26-2005, 12:27 PM
"Prior and Wood will combine for more wins than any 2 Sox pitchers."

Every time I hear a Cubs fan say something like that, I offer them the suggested bet I heard on "Mac, Jurko and Harry." The question is, who will have the most wins, Cubs "ace" Carrie Woods or Sox fifth starter Jon Garland. I take Garland +2.

I'm ahead 6-1 right now.:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :)

PatK
04-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Anytime they open their mouth= stupid quote.

Mark Buehrle
04-26-2005, 12:43 PM
"Games only matter after the All-Star break"

SoxFan78
04-26-2005, 12:57 PM
"Nobody goes to your games"

Uncle_Patrick
04-26-2005, 12:59 PM
"Dusty's a good manager because they had back to back winning seasons."

"LaTroy will be a good closer this year."

"The Cubs are better than the Sox, that's why more people go to Wrigley Field."

Tekijawa
04-26-2005, 01:18 PM
"But officer, there were three other guys peeing on that house with me!"

"Dad, the camera was right on me I HAD to show them"

"Sammy must be really Sick, he looks really skinny and pale this year in firstbase field!"

Iwritecode
04-26-2005, 01:21 PM
"Hi, I'm a Cubs fan."

Uncle_Patrick
04-26-2005, 01:23 PM
"Hi, I'm a Cubs fan."

Ah, the stupidest quote of all!

AZChiSoxFan
04-26-2005, 01:25 PM
"Hi, I'm a Cubs fan."

Classic!!!

VivaOzzie
04-26-2005, 02:42 PM
"I'd rather have Derek Lee than Paul Konerko anyday." (though Paulie needs to start hitting for average, I know he will)

"The Sox bullpen sucks."

SoxFan76
04-26-2005, 02:43 PM
"I don't hate the Sox, I hate their fans. They are all fair-weather fans."

-Actual quote from a 25 year Cub fan in my calc class.

Mark Buehrle
04-26-2005, 03:13 PM
"Corey Patterson hit like, .290 last year!"

skobabe8
04-26-2005, 03:14 PM
"Ron Santo should be in the HOF."

Jerko
04-26-2005, 03:24 PM
"I don't hate the Sox, I hate their fans. They are all fair-weather fans."

-Actual quote from a 25 year Cub fan in my calc class.

They teach calc in 6th grade now? (that's not a shot at you soxfan76, that just means that a 25 year old Cub fan is the mental equivalent of a 6th grader).

Hangar18
04-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Cub Fan: " You guys are just jealous because we have more tradition"
Hangar18: "Tradition? what tradition are you talking about?"
Cub Fan: " 7th inning stretch, Take Me out to the Ballgame"
Hangar18: "You realize that was something the WHITE SOX started first right?"
Cub Fan: " BS dude! Everyone knows the Cubs started that first"

RichFitztightly
04-26-2005, 03:25 PM
"No, Steve Buechele was a great 3B."

HaHa, I actually heard that one uttered before. It was from my English teacher in 8th grade, granted his name was Buechele too (no relation) but still. That's why I didn't really mind when we all got "unofficial" detention b/c somebody threw a piece of gum in his jherri curl white man's 'fro. HeeHee I still chuckle about that one.

My favorite stupid Cubs fan quote was:

Cubbie guy, "The Cubs are better than the Sox"
Me, "No they're not. But, how do you figure?"
Cubbie guy, "They have a better record than the Sox.
Me, "Ummm... No they don't, the Sox are 4 games above .500 while the Cubs are 8 games below .500"
Cubbie guy, "The Cubs are closer to first place in their division"
Me, "Hmmm, not quite. The Cubs are in third place while the Sox are in second"
Cubbie guy, "Well, that's cause the Cubs have played tougher teams while the Sox have beaten some lesser teams."
Me, "I disagree, while it's completely impossible to tell who has played the tougher teams, I do know 4 of the Sox victories were against the Cubs... as you say one of the "lesser teams they've beaten." Thereby proving my point with your own words that the Sox are better than the Cubs."

VivaOzzie
04-26-2005, 03:40 PM

sorry if im ignorant...but is that really true?? i never knew that!! when was that started, was it another Veeck thing?? cant wait to tell my cub fans friends that fact!

Uncle_Patrick
04-26-2005, 03:42 PM
"Cub fans are like blacks in 1950's."

-an actual quote some moron posted on the internet referring to the "mistreatment" Cub fans receive.

wsoxfan
04-26-2005, 04:09 PM
two of my favorites I hear every year from those morons, "this is the year" and "Kerry Wood's gonna be healthy this year and win the Cy Young"

cheeses_h_rice
04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
"Cub fans are like blacks in 1950's."

-an actual quote some moron posted on the internet referring to the "mistreatment" Cub fans receive.

Wow, that one takes the cake.

But really, I can completely see where he's coming from. After all, just like blacks were once denied service at lunch counters across the USA, Flub fans are consistently denied access to World Series games across the USA, too.

The injustice here is staggering.

Goose
04-26-2005, 04:57 PM
"Wait 'till next year"

"Wait 'till next year"

"Wait 'till next year"

"Wait 'till next year"

"Wait 'till next year"

"Wait 'till next year"

I want Mags back
04-26-2005, 05:40 PM
" Look at Aaron with his ***** ass hat" (I of course was wearing my Sox hat, as always

I responed

"16-4"

I want Mags back
04-26-2005, 05:42 PM

Love how u put yourself in the 3rd person, typing out ur full SN

I want Mags back
04-26-2005, 05:45 PM
sorry if im ignorant...but is that really true?? i never knew that!! when was that started, was it another Veeck thing?? cant wait to tell my cub fans friends that fact!

Wasnt Harry Carey with the SOX (duh)

VivaOzzie
04-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Wasnt Harry Carey with the SOX (duh)

didnt know Harry started it, just thought he popularized it cause he took it to the next level...

EDIT: Just found it!!

"In the mid-'70s, he often sang a rousing, Falstaff-enhanced "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" with fans seated near his booth. In 1976, Sox owner Bill Veeck decided to turn on the PA. Harry was unabashed. His singing before the bottom of the seventh became a Comiskey tradition."

so apparently Veeck decided to popularize Harry's drunken antics!

boiler up
04-26-2005, 07:52 PM
the american league is a joke

they have 10 players

fquaye149
04-26-2005, 08:04 PM
how about:

I'm a chicago fan

whenever the Sox are successful.

Cowhead418
04-26-2005, 08:48 PM
"Sold out > 10 fans."

"Wood is waaaay better than Buehrle."

"It doesn't matter that Buehrle beats Wood in every other stat, Wood has a .04 lower career ERA. Although he is in the NL, he has to face MUCH better teams so he is better than Buehrle."

"Patterson had 214 Assists last year and he is the second best CF in baseball behind Jim Edmonds."

"Last year's stats don't matter. It's only this year that counts."

"Derek Lee is so much better than Konerko. He was picked in the 4th round in my fantasy draft while Konerko was picked 10th."

"Frank Thomas is on steroids."

"Marte is one of the worst relievers in the league. Who bounces a ball in to end a ballgame?"

"Nomar is a gold glover."

"I agree that AJ is better than Barrett on defense, but Barrett crushes AJ on offense."

"You like the White Sox? Why don't you like the Cubs?"

"I'd take Dempster over Garland any day of the week. Garland blows and will never be a good pitcher. Dempster was an all-star."

"Hermanson sucks. He has never been any good. I've followed him his whole career."

"I like the Cubs over the White Sox because their colors are cooler."

"The Cubs will win at least 15 games more than the Sox. I will bet you 20 bucks on that."

"You guys are just jealous of our great tradition."

These quotes were all said to me by Cub fans.

skobabe8
04-27-2005, 08:36 AM
"I'd take Dempster over Garland any day of the week. Garland blows and will never be a good pitcher. Dempster was an all-star."

I can personally verify hearing this one.

Uncle_Patrick
04-27-2005, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=Cowhead418
"You like the White Sox? Why don't you like the Cubs?"
[/QUOTE]

::sigh::

Who here hasn't heard that one?

RavenswoodFan
04-27-2005, 03:21 PM
" Sox fan, I'm sorry."

Me:" I'm not better than being a lovable loser."

" You guys don't support your team."

Me:" The only reason that Wrigley is full is because of the tourist.Have you ever seen the buses on Irving Park?

" yeah, those buses are there because the cubs have a lot of fans".

Me: Those buses are there bacause the Tribune Co. has sold "The Friendly Confines" to the masses."

Other cub fan: " He's right, most of the people at the games are Yuppie Scum"!

Me: "Vindicated'!:)

santo=dorf
04-27-2005, 04:12 PM
"Carlos Zambrano is a top 5 pitcher in the MLB."
"Corey Patterson was robbed of a gold glove last year because he only committed one error."
"Corey Patterson has 30/30 potential."

Mark Buehrle
04-27-2005, 04:48 PM
"Pitchers won't strike out because they will bunt, so it's not easier to get more strike-outs in the NL"

bigfoot
04-27-2005, 06:13 PM
"Wait 'till next year"

"Wait 'till next year"

"Wait 'till next year"

"Wait 'till next year"

"Wait 'till next year"

"Wait 'till next year"

LOL!

Hey, anyone can have a bad century!

Wsoxmike59
05-01-2005, 08:56 AM

That's true vivaozzie. The Sox started that back when Veeck owned the team and Harry Caray was the announcer. In the old days during the 7th inning stretch the ballpark organist would usually play Take Me Out To the Ballgame, and maybe another song like Roll Out the Barrel (vs Milw) or the theme from the Mickey Mouse Club (Nancy Faust used to do that on occasion)

Some of the crowd would join in and sing, but most didn't. It wasn't until one night Bill Veeck saw Harry leading the fans just underneath his booth singing along with Nancy and he got the idea to "mic" Harry the following night.

Once Harry started leaning out of the booth and leading the fans in the singing of TMOTTBG it really took off. It even got featured on This Week in Baseball. I could still hear Mel Allen saying "When you go out to the ballgame and stand for the 7th inning stretch....well nobody does it quite like the southside of Chicago and the Sox and Harry Caray!"

That story can be verified on the White Sox A Visual History on VHS a team history of the Sox that came out in 1987 or '88.

Corlose 15
05-01-2005, 10:49 AM
That's true vivaozzie. The Sox started that back when Veeck owned the team and Harry Caray was the announcer. In the old days during the 7th inning stretch the ballpark organist would usually play Take Me Out To the Ballgame, and maybe another song like Roll Out the Barrel (vs Milw) or the theme from the Mickey Mouse Club (Nancy Faust used to do that on occasion)

Some of the crowd would join in and sing, but most didn't. It wasn't until one night Bill Veeck saw Harry leading the fans just underneath his booth singing along with Nancy and he got the idea to "mic" Harry the following night.

Once Harry started leaning out of the booth and leading the fans in the singing of TMOTTBG it really took off. It even got featured on This Week in Baseball. I could still hear Mel Allen saying "When you go out to the ballgame and stand for the 7th inning stretch....well nobody does it quite like the southside of Chicago and the Sox and Harry Caray!"

That story can be verified on the White Sox A Visual History on VHS a team history of the Sox that came out in 1987 or '88.

We have that video, hosted by the late great Jean Shepperd. Its how I learned most of my Sox history.

"Once in my lifetime...I feel like a giant, I soar like an eagle as if I had wings!!"
:D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

TDog
05-01-2005, 10:49 AM
My supervisor at work Wednesay: "I saw something funny on ESPN last night. The White Sox lost."

It's not like I live in Schaumburg.

DumpJerry
05-01-2005, 11:04 AM
(In March, during ST):

Him: This is the year the Cubs do it!
Me: Do what?
Him: It!
Me: what? (censored) themselves?
Him: I'll put our starting four up against the Sox' starting four any time.
Me: Bad news, dude. We have five. Jon Garland!

I'll be seeing this guy in two weeks, wonder what he has to say now.....:D:

C-Dawg
05-01-2005, 01:33 PM
A Cub-fan caller on the Score last year: "We don't care who wins or loses, we just like to sit in the sun, enjoy the game, and maybe Sammy will hit a home run and we can all go home happy".

TheOldRoman
05-01-2005, 02:13 PM
This is possibly THEE DUMBEST quote by a Cubs fan. This was posted on his Xanga site, so if any of you have Xanga accounts, feel free to go to his sight and bash him. Im actually VERY sure this is UICJason, considering he went to UIC, is a Cub loving moron, and is a leftist wacko.

Last and certainly least (for now): Baseball. WHAT THE HELL? Seriously. I've gone through denial, and I'm currently in the anger stage. I don't do acceptance. The Cubs have shown little offensive potential outside of their first game, and the pitching (except for Zambrano and Prior's 1 start), has been lakcing. And the Sox, well, those ****ers just won't lose. Their new slogan is, "Win, or die trying." Well, guess what. I saw them lose a game and nobody died. I was pissed. I've got a better slogan: Die. And those damn announcers are so annoying. There aren't two people in the world I hate more than them. It's bad enough their voices make me want to tear my ears off, but they make watching in silence a much better alternative with the awful play by play and commentary. I've found the most annoying terms to be: "Can of corn" (there is no CORN in baseball), "ducksnort," (*** is that anyway?) "He gone" (classic south side ***), and one I just heard tonight, "frisbie" referring to a pitch Takatsu throws. That's not a frisbie you idiots, that's a hanging breaking ball, and it's not an awesome pitch, it usually gets taken yard. And in the two games I've seen Takatsu pitch in, he's served up 4 of those, so they should really be a little less amazed by the pitch and be more scared of what happens after he throws it. Most pitchers try to avoid making that pitch, but for some reason Takatsu tries to make it. I'd rather have Hawkins closing games than that worthless sack of crap. I'm glad he plays for the White Sox.

I would rather have Mel Rojas come out of retirement to close than let Hawkins pich for my team. What a tool.

buehrle4cy05
05-02-2005, 01:49 PM

You go to OPRF? I probably hear the same stuff you do. Right now, I'm sitting in a room with a Cubs fan who thinks Carlos Zambrano will hit for the cycle...from both sides of the plate.

Rocky Soprano
05-02-2005, 01:56 PM
Stupidest quote by a Cub fan:

"I'm a Cub Fan"

:D:

VivaOzzie
05-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jaysabi
Last and certainly least (for now): Baseball. WHAT THE HELL? Seriously. I've gone through denial, and I'm currently in the anger stage. I don't do acceptance. The Cubs have shown little offensive potential outside of their first game, and the pitching (except for Zambrano and Prior's 1 start), has been lakcing. And the Sox, well, those ****ers just won't lose. Their new slogan is, "Win, or die trying." Well, guess what. I saw them lose a game and nobody died. I was pissed. I've got a better slogan: Die. And those damn announcers are so annoying. There aren't two people in the world I hate more than them. It's bad enough their voices make me want to tear my ears off, but they make watching in silence a much better alternative with the awful play by play and commentary. I've found the most annoying terms to be: "Can of corn" (there is no CORN in baseball), "ducksnort," (*** is that anyway?) "He gone" (classic south side ***), and one I just heard tonight, "frisbie" referring to a pitch Takatsu throws. That's not a frisbie you idiots, that's a hanging breaking ball, and it's not an awesome pitch, it usually gets taken yard. And in the two games I've seen Takatsu pitch in, he's served up 4 of those, so they should really be a little less amazed by the pitch and be more scared of what happens after he throws it. Most pitchers try to avoid making that pitch, but for some reason Takatsu tries to make it. I'd rather have Hawkins closing games than that worthless sack of crap. I'm glad he plays for the White Sox.

The fact that 'can of corn' annoys this guy further demonstrates the fact that cub fans know NOTHING about baseball. Ive heard the term 'can of corn' since I first burst on the scene in the little leagues. True, there is no corn in baseball, but there are 'can of corn' s.

itsnotrequired
05-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jaysabi

1. The term "frisbie" was used all last year.
2. He just happened to catch the only 2 games where Shingo gave up his homers? One of which didn't matter since he still got the save.
3. He wants Hawkins over Shingo? Let's take a closer look:

Shingo pitched 62 innings last year and coverted 19/20 saves (95% success rate). He had an ERA of 2.31 and gave up 6 HRs (one every 10.3 innings).

Hawkins pitched 82 innings last year and converted 25/34 saves (74% success rate). He had an ERA of 2.63 and gave up 10 HRs (one ever 8.2 innings).

So lets review: Sox closer last year had a higher success rate (30% more successful) in converting saves, had a lower ERA and gave up home runs less frequently (25% less).

I think I know who I'd pick.

Shingo has converted 6/7 saves this year and Hawkings has only converted 4/6 saves.

likeawarlord
05-02-2005, 05:39 PM
4 or 5 years ago during the sox-cubs series in june i ran into a kid i knew that was a cubs fan. i told him the sox had won, and that "Thomas went deep on Waveland."

...my aquaintance dismissed this by pointing out that "Waveland isn't a very good pitcher."

i started to laugh but realized that he was serious, that this die-hard cub fan thought Waveland Avenue was a reliever or something. i didn't correct him, as i figured there was no way to set him straight without humiliating him. looking back, of course, i wish i had.

Uncle_Patrick
05-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Here's one I just remembered. This was my cousin (a Sox fan) going back and forth with his wife's cousin (a Cubs fan) about who was better, Sox or Cubs.

My cousin: "Those guys in the stands at Wrigley are all on their cell phones and don't even pay attention to the game."

Other guy: "Yeah, but how much money do think those guys in the stands make?"

buehrle4cy05
05-03-2005, 08:28 PM
I know of a Cubs fan in my school who used to greet me with a cheery "Sox suck" In the offseason. Now, when I bring up the Sox 18-7 record to him, he spouts off profanities, not even mentioning the Sox.

White Sox Josh
05-03-2005, 08:32 PM
"Kerry Wood is much better than Mark Buehrle because Buehrle can't throw 100 MPH and Wood strikes out more guys."

SAVVY18
05-03-2005, 09:26 PM
These are all quotes from a cub fan after another Sox fan and I were "discussing" Carrie Woods and that he is Over rated. They were too good to not post.

"Hasn't won 15 games? Big deal...Wins do not determine how good a pitcher is"

"wins and losses do not mean anything, because it is a team game"

"Every pitcher has slumps,bad years,bad games, and almost evry pitcher gose through an injory......like i siad.....give him time"

Sometimes you just want to http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/chair.gif them...

Stroker Ace
05-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Stupidest quote by a Cub fan:

"I'm a Cub Fan"

:D:

Same

Stroker Ace
05-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Stupid quote- "The sCrUBS have a great bullpen"

joe_tansey2004
05-04-2005, 12:36 AM
It's only September!!!

TDog
05-04-2005, 12:50 AM
I could probably post here every night, being surrounded by Cubs fans. Tonight I heard that Ron Santo was the greatest third baseman of all time. Because this Cubs fan was too young (even to see Ron Santo play second base for the White Sox), he changed his mind and said Ron Cey was the greatest third baseman of all time.

"Yeah," I said. "I remember how he put on a show in the 1969, 1970 and 1971 World Series. Oh, wait, that was Brooks Robinson."

My supervisor, the other Cubs fan, said he would have to go with Brooks over the Penguin. Then when he checked scores on his computer, he asked, "Why does St. Louis keep winning?"

"Because they're juiced," the first Cubs fan answered.

I have to put up with this crap three time zones away from Chicago.

Huisj
05-04-2005, 10:12 PM
"Kerry Wood is much better than Mark Buehrle because Buehrle can't throw 100 MPH and Wood strikes out more guys."

I heard almost the same thing today from a friend of mine about Wood. He said something like, "Wood is a way better pitcher than anyone on the sox."

I asked him why. He said it's because he beat Roger Clemens last time he faced him, and no one on the sox is as good as Clemens.

I asked him about why he's only ever won 14 games in a season, and he said it's because he plays for the Cubs.

I asked him why his ERA is over 6 right now, and he said it's early.

I asked him why he spends so much time on the DL, and he said that doesn't matter, he still has way more talent.

I asked him how that talent helps his team win games if he's on the DL and isn't pitching, and he changed it back to "he's still way better than anyone on the sox. He's a future hall of famer. Everyone knows he's that good".

Impossible. Just plain impossible.

Foulke You
05-04-2005, 11:43 PM
4 or 5 years ago during the sox-cubs series in june i ran into a kid i knew that was a cubs fan. i told him the sox had won, and that "Thomas went deep on Waveland."

...my aquaintance dismissed this by pointing out that "Waveland isn't a very good pitcher."

i started to laugh but realized that he was serious, that this die-hard cub fan thought Waveland Avenue was a reliever or something. i didn't correct him, as i figured there was no way to set him straight without humiliating him. looking back, of course, i wish i had.

LOL. I have a "Waveland" related story to tell too. During a Sox/Cubs game in 2000 at the Urinal, Konerko took a ball very deep that went out on to Waveland and was just foul by a few feet. The Cub fan behind me said "Wow, he hit that one on to Waverley Avenue!" I thought I had heard him wrong but he said it again to his friend who wasn't paying attention (surprise). Waverley Ave. apparently had replaced Waveland without my knowledge.:D: My Sox fan friends and I mockingly call it "Waverley Avenue" in honor of that stupid Cub fan. The story doesn't end here though, he later referred to Cubs relief pitcher Kyle Farnsworth as "Syle Farnsword". I about lost it at that point. It was all I could do not to laugh out loud when I heard that one.:cool:

EastCoastSoxFan
05-05-2005, 10:12 AM
...this was a good one from one of my co-workers here in Philly:
After the 2003 Game 6 debacle, the next day at work he asks me, "Man, have you ever seen anything like that?"
I don't recall exactly what I said (after my initial outburst of laughter), but I'm fairly sure it included the words "1984" and "1969", among others...

TDog
05-05-2005, 10:25 AM
...this was a good one from one of my co-workers here in Philly:
After the 2003 Game 6 debacle, the next day at work he asks me, "Man, have you ever seen anything like that?"
I don't recall exactly what I said (after my initial outburst of laughter), but I'm fairly sure it included the words "1984" and "1969", among others...

Good point. Having had tickets to the World Series in San Diego in 1984, the ground ball Ryne Sandberg lost in the sun thrilled me much more than the Bartman incident.

SouthSide4Life
05-08-2005, 09:12 PM
"Well at least our manager can speak english"

CurseoftheGoat63
05-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Friend: Wood is so much better than Buehrle

Me: And why is that?

Friend: He had over 20 strikeout in a game

Me: So what, Buehrle has pitched over 200 innings in the last four years

Friend: Has he ever struck out 20+ people in a game

Me: Never i think

Friend: Talk to me when he strikes out 20+ in a game

Me: Talk to me when wood wins 15 games in 1 season

irish rover
05-09-2005, 08:41 AM
this was from a cub board from someone relating what happend during a game

"This girl sitting next to me was hilarious. She thought only five batters could hit per inning. But my favorite question of hers was when she leaned over in the second and asked me: "Which one is Nomar?"

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-09-2005, 12:21 PM
My brother in law is a Cubs fan, and I saw him yesterday for Mother's Day at the in-laws (who are also Cub fans). I never start the discussion regarding the Cubs and Sox, but I get dragged into it. here goes:

BIL: How much longer can the WS keep this up?
Me: Hard to say - in spite of no offense we're doing pretty well. When Frank comes back and Konerko hits, we'll be in business.
BIL: That Podsenik and Iguchi combo are a joke.
Me: (reaching for Sun Times) Joke? Podsenik leads the majors in SB. Iguchi's hitting over .330!!
BIL: When Nomar comes back, the Cubs will be fine.
Me: If he comes back....(I started to say due to the injury, I think it would take longer, but he interrupted)
BIL: He'll be back. They signed him again, didn't they?
Me: So what's up with Wood?
BIL: You always gotta bring that up don't you?
Me: Hey - I was watching the damn Cubs game cuz I'm in this house. I asked you to check to Sox score, and you turned on golf. YOU started this discussion, not me.
(one hour later, he was gone. I turned the game on and caught the 8th and 9th inning - I called him on his cell phone to inform his that MLB's best record went up one W)
BIL: You wasted my time for that news?
Me: Not as much as you wasted mine with our chat before.

Then I hung up.

chisoxmike
05-09-2005, 10:31 PM
This is true...

"The Cubs are more the South Side blue coller team, and I've always seen the Sox as the North Side rich stuck up team."

I'm not joking, and this person was serious.

seanpmurphy
05-10-2005, 12:35 AM
:threadrules:

Cowhead418
05-10-2005, 05:53 PM
This one was said today: "Man, the Cubs have two best pitchers in the world, but they just can't stay healthy.":rolleyes:

Viva Medias B's
05-13-2005, 11:06 PM
Oh, I have some material for this thread:

On a Sox fan's complaint about the Cubune's "Somber Streak" headline:
Dude, Zaun could have died. He could barely breath as he was carted off. Show some respect. That is not cool.

The all time classic:
SOX SUCK

And the all time profiling classic:
Of course, Cubs fans just bitch about how bad they are at established businesses, while Sox fans actually try to do something about that (try to beat up Juan Gamboa- the 1ST BASE COACH for the Kansas City Royals or try to go after the umpires who are EX-MARINES).

Cowhead418
05-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Oh, I have some material for this thread:
The fan who attacked the 1st base coach was a Flubbie fan anyway. His girlfriend said so.

Nellie_Fox
05-13-2005, 11:30 PM
...the ground ball Ryne Sandberg lost in the sun thrilled me much more than the Bartman incident.Somebody help me out here. I remember Leon Durham letting a grounder go through his legs to complete the choke job, but not Sandberg.

And I remember doing the Ed Grimley dance in my family room in celebration.

Whitesox029
05-14-2005, 01:14 AM
"The Cubs will win today."

SoxSpeed22
05-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Somebody help me out here. I remember Leon Durham letting a grounder go through his legs to complete the choke job, but not Sandberg.

And I remember doing the Ed Grimley dance in my family room in celebration.I thought that was to begin the Game 5 implosion. Much like Bartman.

Cowhead418
05-14-2005, 09:20 AM
"Sox fans love for the Sox is fake. People only started to like the team because of this fast start. The Sox had no fans before this season."

"How can you even understand your team? No one speaks English."

Ventura Fan 23
05-14-2005, 12:08 PM
"The Marlins came back to beat the Cubs when they were 3-0"

By the way, this is Mark Buehrle on a new Screen Name.

C-Dawg
05-15-2005, 07:42 AM
"Sox fans love for the Sox is fake. People only started to like the team because of this fast start. The Sox had no fans before this season."

Yeah just the other day I had a Cub fan telling me how the Sox are "dead last" in attendance.

Viva Medias B's
05-15-2005, 06:43 PM
...the White Sox too, need to be stopped. Every win makes their fans think that they are God's arm on earth.

Further evidence that Cub fans don't care about us.

DumpJerry
05-19-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty sure this was a Flub fan.

I was at Comiskey one night a few years back when the following conversation took place behind me:

Man #1 (looking at the out-of-town scoreboard): The score of the (I forget which game he was commenting on) game is 72-55. Wow.

Man #2: Those are the jersey numbers of the pitchers in the game.

Man #1: Really?

mrfourni
05-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Friend: Wood is so much better than Buehrle

Me: And why is that?

Friend: He had over 20 strikeout in a game

Me: So what, Buehrle has pitched over 200 innings in the last four years

Friend: Has he ever struck out 20+ people in a game

Me: Never i think

Friend: Talk to me when he strikes out 20+ in a game

Me: Talk to me when wood wins 15 games in 1 season

You can point out that Kerry Wood never struck out more than 20 in a game

Vestigio
05-19-2005, 12:40 PM
"Seems things might be picking up. Dempster appears to be becommming comfortable as closer. Our pitching is steady and the bullpen has done its job. An improved run production on offense and this team will be back in it. Plus we are getting Walker back off the DL. Look out NL."

Look out NL? McLendon single-handedly gave the Cubs the first game after they let Lee hit, who was 3 for 3 that game, and not intentionally walk him. The second game Dumpster almost blew the game after he loaded up the bases...

DumpJerry
05-19-2005, 12:54 PM
The second game Dumpster almost blew the game after he loaded up the bases...
Come on Vest, you know he was inspired by all the positive press Hermanson got for Tuesday night when he put two on before getting the third out.....he wanted to be like Hermy!:D:

r0wdyxc
06-01-2005, 06:20 PM
I just started working at a company in Libertyville and EVERYONE there is a cubs fan...I haven't even been there a week.

Today:
Co-worker:"Looks like the Sox got lucky again last night."

Me:"It's not luck when you win your close games. The difference between the Cubs and the Sox is: When the Cubs bullpen gives up runs, they lose. When the Sox bullpen gives up a run, the Sox score again and win."

Yesterday:
Co-worker:"The Sox have been really lucky winning when they don't score runs."

Me:"The goal isn't to score lots of runs. As long as you score more runs than the other team, you win. The sox score two runs and the other team scores 1. The white sox win. The cubs score 5 runs, the bullpen alone gives up 6 runs. The cubs lose."

Hendu
06-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Got this one a couple weeks ago:

flubs fan: "I'm going to the Cubbies game tomorrow"

Me: "Who's pitching?"

flubs fan: "How should I know. Go look it up on the internet"

TDog
06-03-2005, 12:52 AM
I heard this at work the other day.

"Why isn't Neffi Perez on the All-Star ballot?"

I'm sorry if I misspelled the name. The Cubs fan probably couldn't spell it, though, and I have better things to do than to look it up.

alohafri
06-07-2005, 04:17 PM
From a friend who is a flub fan:(she said this during the recent cub/sox series at Pigley)"The cubs have a better starting rotation than the Sox"

and as the Alohas were leaving Pigley after Saturday's game (that the Sox had won), some flubby fan said "Sox suck!" to which our flub fan friend said, "hey, they just beat us 2 in a row", and the guy says, "yeah but they still suck"

--Mrs. Aloha

Risk
06-07-2005, 04:45 PM
So last Saturday CLR01 and I were at BW's in Algonquin to watch the Sox, chow on wings and chug some brews. We got there and made the bartender keep the channel for the Sox game on the big screen (even though it was on Fox, I still had a gut feeling if we hadn't requested the Sox game the people would have turned on some college game). So, we're watching in the first inning and Garland gives up a run and fat, idiot Flub fan sitting across the bar room yells "allright Cleveland, way to go Browns!!!," not once, but twice.

So immediately CLR and I go into attack mode and start ripping on the moron, asking when the unlovable losers were going to play the Cincinnati Bengals and Pittsburgh Steelers. As expected, the fat dumb waste of oxygen had no response b/c he realized that he had just made a tremendous fool of himself.

Furthermore, as expected, when the Sox retook the lead, moron and his group were dead silent, even to the verbal jabs sent over from CLR and yours truly Risk, and in typical Cub "fan" fashion, preceded to leave early around the fifth inning. Truly, stupidity and weakness are the two traits inherent with being a follower of the cult to which is the unlovable losers.

Go Browns, ***?

Risk

Hangar18
06-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Just over an hour ago .......mailman stops by to pick up somethings.
Notices SOX stuff on my desk, moans about me being a Sox Fan ......
than says "the sox are lucky their in the worst division in baseball"
What are you talkin about, Twins are only 3 gms behind the sox.
(blank stare) leaves.

RavenswoodFan
06-07-2005, 06:04 PM
I was at the game on Sunday, and some MORON wearing a Cubs hat and get this an American League Jersey! He was yelling lets go Cleveland! Perhaps he was a transplant from Cleveland and got sucked up into the Flubby nation.
I don't know, but I'm inclined to think that the 3 year old girl sitting next to me new more about baseball than this idiot!:D:

LongLiveFisk
06-07-2005, 07:14 PM
I think probably the stupidest thing I ever heard a Cub fan say was back in '85, one of my brother's friends told me that Jody Davis was better than Carlton Fisk. :roflmao:

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-07-2005, 07:20 PM
I don't have an exact quote, but some Cubs fan was complaining because the Sox were getting a lot of media coverage while the Cubs had that 7 game losing streak a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

chitownhawkfan
06-07-2005, 08:46 PM
If we arent playing the Flubbies, why do their fans always show up in Sosa gear? Just one more reason to hate the Scrubs. Some clown was trying to tell me at the game I went to against Cleveland on Saturday, that the NL Central is better than the AL Central! I tried to explain to him how bad the cubs were and they were in second. BLAH, talking to Cubs fans is like talking to a retarded Dog.

:andy
Lets all agree that we need Andy back

VivaOzzie
06-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Just saw this now, my friend's away message:

"cubs suck....go longhorns" :whiner:

Haha time to give up and find a new team!