PDA

View Full Version : Some cool "unnoticed" Sox MLB stat leaders

DaleJRFan
04-26-2005, 11:43 AM
well, kinda... here are some things going unnoticed in the media:

Carl Everett is 4th in the AL with 19 RBI, trails Tejada (23), Roberts (22), Ramirez (20).
Jon Garland is tied for first in all of baseball with 4 wins... tied with Moyer, Willis, Lieber.
Scott Podsednik is second in all of baseball with 9 stolen bases, trails Torii Hunter (10).
Jon Garland is 14th in all of baseball with a 1.80 ERA.
Shingo Takatsu is sixth in all of baseball with six saves.
Juan Uribe leads all of baseball with 5 sacrifice flies.
Mark Buehrle is seventh in all of baseball limiting opposing hitters to a .170 average.
Jon Garland is third in all of baseball with a 12.34 pitch per inning ratio.
Mark Buehrle is tied for third in all of baseball and leads the AL with a 0.77 WHIP.
Joe Crede is tied for 17th in all of baseball with 6 doubles.
Paul Konerko is tied for 11th in all of baseball with 19 strike outs.
I'd be interested if someone could post other nerdy stats like who has the most putouts, assists, etc for defensive categories...

Frater Perdurabo
04-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Jon Garland is tied for first in all of baseball with 4 wins... tied with Moyer, Willis, Lieber.
You know what's really scary? The fact that the each of the above pitchers were Cubs (or Cubs minor leaguers) at one time in their careers. Good thing the Cubs don't hang on to pitching talent!

The Racehorse
04-26-2005, 11:50 AM
well, kinda... here are some things going unnoticed in the media:

Carl Everett is 4th in the AL with 19 RBI, trails Tejada (23), Roberts (22), Ramirez (20).
Scott Podsednik is second in all of baseball with 9 stolen bases, trails Torii Hunter (10).
Jon Garland is 14th in all of baseball with a 1.80 ERA.
Shingo Takatsu is sixth in all of baseball with six saves.
Juan Uribe leads all of baseball with 5 sacrifice flies.
Mark Buehrle is seventh in all of baseball limiting opposing hitters to a .170 average.
Jon Garland is third in all of baseball with a 12.34 pitch per inning ratio.
Mark Buehrle is tied for third in all of baseball and leads the AL with a 0.77 WHIP.
Joe Crede is tied for 17th in all of baseball with 6 doubles.
Paul Konerko is tied for 11th in all of baseball with 19 strike outs.
I'd be interested if someone could post other nerdy stats like who has the most putouts, assists, etc for defensive categories...

Hey, you forget the best record in the major leagues. :redneck

:)

Mark Buehrle
04-26-2005, 11:57 AM
That's awesome. I read something wierd today:

Chicago's .298 on-base percentage is the worst in baseball, and the team's 86 runs scored is tied for 14th (with Seattle and Florida) of the 30 Major League teams. Chicago's .647 on-base plus slugging percentage ranks 24th.

This is why we don't play the game on paper :D:

faneidde
04-26-2005, 11:59 AM
That's awesome. I read something wierd today:

Chicago's .298 on-base percentage is the worst in baseball, and the team's 86 runs scored is tied for 14th (with Seattle and Florida) of the 30 Major League teams. Chicago's .647 on-base plus slugging percentage ranks 24th.

This is why we don't play the game on paper :D:
Maybe you didn't get the memo, but every since Moneyball, the World Series Trophy is awarded to the team with the highest OBP. None of the other stats matter, silly.

MRKARNO
04-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Team has the lowest AL ERA for starters and in general. WHIP is also lowest for general pitching. We've gotten the most innings from starters in baseball. Lowest AL BAA. There are plenty of absolutely amazing stats about our pitching staff. :D:

skottyj242
04-26-2005, 12:30 PM
I was on www.sportsline.com (http://www.sportsline.com) and they list their rankings of 185 starting pitchers and Garland is fourth and I think Buehrle is thirteenth. I'm still waiting for them to release their power rankings.

SoxyStu
04-26-2005, 12:33 PM
We should be highly ranked in quality starts, too..I think..