PDA

View Full Version : College Baseball on ESPN

ChiSoxRowand
04-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Lately ESPN2 and ESPNU have been showing college baseball. Tonight ESPN2 is showing Oklahoma vs. Wichita St. Has anyone been watching it? I haven't really caught any of it with the Sox and all the other baseball on TV, plus the NBA. I probably won't watch too much of it until the ncaa tourney and the college world series, which I always look forward to. Anybody know any of the top college players who will be drafted high? I wouldn't mind seeing some of those guys play.

Mark Buehrle
04-26-2005, 11:44 AM
No, because I can't stand the sound of aluminum bats making contact with the ball. In addition, I don't care enough about college sports and would rather just watch the White Sox or Bulls.

buehrle4cy05
04-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Got a local guy at Florida State: Ruari O'Connor-should be a senior @ OPRFHS, starting for FSU. Really want to see him play on ESPN at some point.

Fungo
04-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Lately ESPN2 and ESPNU have been showing college baseball. Tonight ESPN2 is showing Oklahoma vs. Wichita St. Has anyone been watching it? I haven't really caught any of it with the Sox and all the other baseball on TV, plus the NBA. I probably won't watch too much of it until the ncaa tourney and the college world series, which I always look forward to. Anybody know any of the top college players who will be drafted high? I wouldn't mind seeing some of those guys play.

Tomorrow's match up on ESPN U (Direct TV 609) is Nebraska at Wichita State. Hard to say who is pitching for WSU, but I suspect it will be Mike Pelfrey, one of the nation's best RHP. Nebraska features arguably the nation's best hitter in 3B Alex Gordon. He gets walked a ton, but it would be a great match up. Matter of fact, Baseball America had Gordon and Pelfrey rated as 1 & 2 on their list of college players.

College Baseball has benefited tremendously from the Hockey strike.

Here's the remaining list of games featured on TV...

April 26

Oklahoma at Wichita State

ESPN2

April 27

Nebraska at Wichita State

ESPNU

April 28

Nebraska at Oklahoma

ESPN

April 29

Nebraska at Oklahoma

ESPNU

April 29

Southern California at Arizona

ESPNU

April 30

Nebraska at Oklahoma

ESPNU

May 1

Southern California at Arizona

ESPN

May 1

Nevada-Las Vegas at San Diego State

CSTV

May 2

Rutgers at Lafayette

CSTV

May 3

San Diego State at Cal State Fullerton

ESPN2

May 6

Texas at Kansas

ESPNU

May 7

Texas at Kansas

ESPNU

May 7

Missouri at Nebraska

CSTV

May 8

Notre Dame at St. John's

CSTV

May 8

Texas at Kansas

ESPN2

May 10

Houston at Texas A&M

ESPN2

May 13

Texas A&M at Baylor

ESPN2

May 14

Oklahoma at Oklahoma State

ESPNU

May 14

Loyola Marymount at San Diego

CSTV

May 15

Oklahoma at Oklahoma State

ESPN

May 16

Rhode Island at Massachusetts

CSTV

May 19

Georgia Tech at North Carolina

ESPN2

May 20

ESPNU

May 20

Arizona at Stanford

CSTV

May 21

Kansas State at Nebraska

CSTV

May 21

Long Beach State at Cal State Fullerton

CSTV

May 21

ESPNU

May 22

Texas A&M at Texas

ESPN

May 28

Big 10 Tournament Championship

CSTV

May 28

Conference USA Tournament Championship

CSTV

GT/UNC on May 19, 20 & 21 should be good as well. UNC has a pitching staff full of "future aces" and GT SS Tyler Greene is a stud.

daveeym
04-26-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm just in awe of how nice the fields are and the number of fans at those games wish I got to play on a few more fields like that.

MUsoxfan
04-26-2005, 01:14 PM
NO LSU?!?!:mad:

SoxBoy14
04-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Ruari O'Connor's playing this summer in Lisle for the DuPage Dragons of the Central Illinois Collegiate League. Best baseball value in town - after our Sox of course.

Fungo
04-26-2005, 03:12 PM
NO LSU?!?!:mad:

LSU played last week Tuesday against Tulane in the Battle of the Bayou. Tulane won. Many at LSU are called for Smoke Laval's firing. Hard to replace a legend like Skip Bertman.

buehrle4cy05
04-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Ruari O'Connor's playing this summer in Lisle for the DuPage Dragons of the Central Illinois Collegiate League. Best baseball value in town - after our Sox of course.

I'll check that out. Thanks:smile: