PDA

View Full Version : Chad Fox

cheeses_h_rice
04-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Anyone see what happened to Flubs closer Chad Fox last night?

B&B are talking about his injury, and it sounds gruesome.

irish rover
04-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Anyone see what happened to Flubs closer Chad Fox last night?

B&B are talking about his injury, and it sounds gruesome.

No I heard them say that he couldn't get the ball to the catcher while in the BP warming up, if that is true, then there is something serious wrong with the the dude if he brought him or the BP coach not saying something, anyway it is just wrong

Uncle_Patrick
04-26-2005, 10:17 AM
The news said something about him throwing out his elbow, but I don't anymore than that. Is "Chad Fox Watch" on now?

irish rover
04-26-2005, 10:20 AM
The news said something about him throwing out his elbow, but I don't anymore than that. Is "Chad Fox Watch" on now?

lol, the guy was up for what a week? and they act like he is greatest pitcher ever

coob players are like we can't celebrate the victory bacause of what happen to fox

Flight #24
04-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Let's see.... a guy coming off of 2 major surgeries, warms up for the 2d day in a row and has some issues, then Crusty Faker checks his navel and decides to send him out anyway. Boy, what are the odds he might get hurt?I feel quite sorry for Mr. Fox. To work that hard and come back only to have your season and possibly career impacted by a moron manager is a real shame.

jackbrohamer
04-26-2005, 10:31 AM
I couldn't see anything when he threw the pitch, but afterwards it looked like he couldn't move his arm, it was kind of hanging from his shoulder. I liked Fox from when he played for the Brewers, Baker is a moron for over-using a guy who's had so many arm surgeries

Flight #24
04-26-2005, 10:35 AM
FWIW - Buzz Bissinger, the author of that Cards book "3 nights in august" (I may have the title wrong), just said that Dusty's move with Fox was the single worst managerial move he's ever seen. In a 10-3 game to take chances with a fragile closer. He basically blamed him for ending the guy's career.

PatK
04-26-2005, 10:38 AM
They (the media) has been making it sound like Chad Fox is going to be the next big thing, that he's some kind of youngun ready to set fire to the bullpen.

He's 34 years old and has already had a couple of serious elbow operations, then was sent out to pitch with his arm already bothering him.

Dusty must have run out of Holy Water.

JRIG
04-26-2005, 11:16 AM
FWIW - Buzz Bissinger, the author of that Cards book "3 nights in august" (I may have the title wrong), just said that Dusty's move with Fox was the single worst managerial move he's ever seen. In a 10-3 game to take chances with a fragile closer. He basically blamed him for ending the guy's career.

What a horrid risk/reward philosophy. Same thing with the young starters. Is it a guarantee they'll be injured if he forces them to throw 120+ pitchers per game? No, but it seems like there's a much bigge likelihood. Same thing here. Is it a guarantee Fox will throw his arm out if used lik this? No, but why take the chance early in the season in a 10-3 ballgame. Ridiculous.

What a maroon.

Baby Fisk
04-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Another career derailed by Dusty "Clown Shoes" Baker. Wrigley is starting to look more like an Emergency Room than a Beer Garden. The muzzled commentators must have been spinning like dreidels after that one.

Brian26
04-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Another career derailed by Dusty "Clown Shoes" Baker. Wrigley is starting to look more like an Emergency Room than a Beer Garden.

Ah, but this provides a perfect opportunity for Dusty to head over to Northwestern or Loyola on a field trip to pick up some "cute" 19 year old nursing students to help out the cause.

Lip Man 1
04-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Apparently it was almost as bad as when Sox relief pitcher Jim Kern blew his elbow apart throwing a pitch in Arlington the second game of the 83 season.

I was in the press box and saw the ball go all the way back to the screen. I was thinking 'what the hell,' then saw Kern grab his arm in agony. It ended his career and forced Roland Hemond to go shopping for a closer which he never got. Not that one was needed as the bullpen by committe led by dennis lamp did just fine.

Lip

Randar68
04-26-2005, 05:11 PM
I couldn't see anything when he threw the pitch, but afterwards it looked like he couldn't move his arm, it was kind of hanging from his shoulder. I liked Fox from when he played for the Brewers, Baker is a moron for over-using a guy who's had so many arm surgeries

He didn't finish the pitch, elbow gave and the ball sailed on him. Not as bad as Tony Saunders, by any means.

However, you could tell it was serious and that he knew it when it happenned. Let his arm hang limp, motioned to the dugout immediately, walked right off..

SOXSINCE'70
04-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Fox's career is over.After a couple of Tommy John surgeries
(and various screws placed inside his elbow),he'll never pitch
again.I feel bad for him,but screw the sCrUBS.