PDA

View Full Version : This Weekends Rotation...

crazyozzie02
04-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know who is going to be pitching this weekend?? I am looking mostly at Sunday, but Im intrested in seeing who pitches on Friday and Saturday. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Ol' No. 2
04-26-2005, 10:07 AM
If Contreras takes his turn, it would be Contreras-Hernandez-Garland.

balke
04-26-2005, 10:26 AM
MLB.com says Mccarthy will be Friday IF Contreras can't start. MLB.com also said Contreras is likely to start.

Ol' No. 2
04-26-2005, 10:28 AM
MLB.com says Mccarthy will be Friday IF Contreras can't start. MLB.com also said Contreras is likely to start.To me it makes no sense to bring up McCarthy. If Contreras can't go, Hernandez could start on normal rest. Remember, to bring McCarthy up, someone has to get sent down. Who?

anewman35
04-26-2005, 10:48 AM
To me it makes no sense to bring up McCarthy. If Contreras can't go, Hernandez could start on normal rest.

This appears to be what would actually happen, the most recent reports state this. Maybe when Ozzie originally made his comments he didn't realize there was an off day?

I want Jose healthy, but I really wouldn't mind this. It would allow Garland to pitch the 30th, giving him the chance to be 5-0 in April. That would not be a bad thing.

seahawk037
04-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Maaaaaaan, third game we're going to this year, third MB game this year, and third game that we're getting danked on. We should get prorated tickets since we're only getting 90 minutes of baseball!!!

:tongue:

Ol' No. 2
04-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Maaaaaaan, third game we're going to this year, third MB game this year, and third game that we're getting danked on. We should get prorated tickets since we're only getting 90 minutes of baseball!!!

:tongue:Maybe they should start showing movies on the Jumbotron after Buehrle's starts so the fans can get their money's worth.:tongue:

Flight #24
04-26-2005, 12:31 PM
To me it makes no sense to bring up McCarthy. If Contreras can't go, Hernandez could start on normal rest. Remember, to bring McCarthy up, someone has to get sent down. Who?

Right, if Jose's >50% to make this Friday's start, then it seems highly likely that he'll at most miss just 1 start. So rather than waste an option on BMac & jerk him up & down for 1 start it's better to just bump up the rest of the guys by a day to take advantage of the off day and just have Jose go next week when it's his turn. Save BMac for when you need him for a stretch if/when someone's in a serious slump or gets hurt. Give him as much seasoning in AAA as possible before then.