PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Cub Factor perishes!!!!!

Vsahajpal
11-05-2001, 12:00 AM
Too bad the Current Cub factor is still in effect. Stupid Cubs, watch them try to emulate the Diamondbacks "proven veteran" theory by signing Scott Brosius and Paul O'Neill.

ugh

at least the Bears are winners.

Sox v. Yanks in the ALCS next year, I see the Cards winning the NL. Anyone else?

doublem23
11-05-2001, 12:06 AM
Too early to make calls.. I gotta see where some of these FAs go...

That is, if there IS baseball come next season...

Jerry_Manuel
11-05-2001, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Sox v. Yanks in the ALCS next year

I assume you mean the Red Sox.

czalgosz
11-05-2001, 12:25 AM
The Sox will win the AL central next year - the Indians have already basically said that they're going to be rebuilding next year, and the Twins, if they're around at all, just don't have the depth to play at the top of the division all season. The Royals? The Tigers? hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

jklm
11-05-2001, 12:27 AM
Too bad the Current Cub factor is still in effect. Stupid Cubs, watch them try to emulate the Diamondbacks "proven veteran" theory by signing Scott Brosius and Paul O'Neill.

ugh

at least the Bears are winners.

Sox v. Yanks in the ALCS next year, I see the Cards winning the NL. Anyone else?

I think the series demonstrate that a bad/dumb manager can "lead" you to WS victory...

But, what about a bad GM....?

Jerry_Manuel
11-05-2001, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz
The Sox will win the AL central next year - the Indians have already basically said that they're going to be rebuilding next year, and the Twins, if they're around at all, just don't have the depth to play at the top of the division all season. The Royals? The Tigers? hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Oh I agree they will win the divison czal but, to win 3 playoff games. I don't know about that.

czalgosz
11-05-2001, 12:32 AM
Hey, anyone can win three playoff games - the Yankees won three World Series games despite getting completely outplayed. If things had gone just a little differently, it could have been the Sox losing to the Yanks in last year's playoffs instead of the Mariners. Unless the Curse of Shoeless Joe still applies...

MarqSox
11-05-2001, 12:51 AM

ugh

Gosh, almost sounds like you WANT the Cubs to do well ...

Jerry_Manuel
11-05-2001, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Gosh, almost sounds like you WANT the Cubs to do well ...

He does, Vic is a cubs fan.

longshot7
11-05-2001, 03:50 AM
hey don't pencil the Sox in yet - the last time I checked, our pitching staff had more holes than swiss cheese. I'll wait and see who we have going into season before stocking the champagne. As of now, nuh uh.