PDA

View Full Version : Uribe, Uribe, Uribe

Bobbo35
04-26-2005, 06:30 AM
I'll tell you what, Juan Uribe's play at shortstop rates in the top of the league for me. Forget about all those high profile shortstops. Juan has the range and an unbelievable throwing arm. There were 2-3 plays yesterday night that were definate base hits that juan gobbled up. His arm has to be the best in the league. I feel sorry for Paulie at first, that ball is smoked to first from Juan. What does everyone else think?

mealfred13
04-26-2005, 07:21 AM
Totally agree. And not just about Uribe. We can't forget Crede's awesome defense at 3rd all season, and Iguchi's excellent plays, especially consistently throwing out the lead runner at 2nd, which alot of other major league 2nd basemen won't even try.

Then we have Aaron making some really nice long-distance plays in center the past couple games, and some nice plays by Dye like last night.

This team is killing with their defense. I'm loving it.:tongue:

jabrch
04-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Given his low salary, and the fact that he is hitting .286, Uribe is truly a great VALUE at SS. Now I won't say his defense is better than A-Rod (I know - he's a 3B), Vizquel, or a select few others, but he is every bit the defensive SS that last year's GGer Derek Jeter is.

Anyone miss Aaron Miles?

Bobbo35
04-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Given his low salary, and the fact that he is hitting .286, Uribe is truly a great VALUE at SS. Now I won't say his defense is better than A-Rod (I know - he's a 3B), Vizquel, or a select few others, but he is every bit the defensive SS that last year's GGer Derek Jeter is.

Anyone miss Aaron Miles?

For the money A-Rod is getting paid Juan Uribe is much more valuable. A-rod is a smuck too.

crazyozzie02
04-26-2005, 09:08 AM
All i know is one thing..... I love that crazy swing of his. His play both on Offense and Defense is great and now that i look at it, that might have been one of KW's greatest trades, or at least the most over looked

infohawk
04-26-2005, 09:09 AM
I'll tell you what, Juan Uribe's play at shortstop rates in the top of the league for me.

C'mon now, you said it wrong. Its "Itelluwaat, thees keed Uribe....":D:

LVSoxFan
04-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Just the satisfaction of knowing, once he gloves a ball, that he WILL get it to first in time is well worth it. What a cannon of an arm. And great aim, too.

I was a fan last year, I'm a huge fan now. Just wait 'till his bat heats up--look out!

ode to veeck
04-26-2005, 09:39 AM
:thechoice

"I guess I'm not getting my job back anytime soon, even with Manos off to the Artful Dodgers ... and I was finally getting my hairdo fixed too.

Uribe, you need any coaching on how to dodge hot grounders to keep your errorless streak intact, just let me know ..."

MINFAN1
04-26-2005, 11:02 AM
I took notice of that cannon arm he had last year when he was used at third, short, and even second. I am glad they decided to leave him at short this year. His style of play reminds me a lot of another old sox player from the past, Minnie Minoso. Although, Minnie was an outfielder. Uribe brings the same excitement to the game. And how about that Pablo Azuma.

DaleJRFan
04-26-2005, 11:07 AM
I took notice of that cannon arm he had last year when he was used at third, short, and even second. I am glad they decided to leave him at short this year. His style of play reminds me a lot of another old sox player from the past, Minnie Minoso. Although, Minnie was an outfielder. Uribe brings the same excitement to the game. And how about that Pablo Azuma.

Azuma - you mean Ozuna, right?? :cool:

jabrch
04-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Azuma - you mean Ozuna, right?? :cool:

I think he was talking about Jerry Azuma's little cousin Pablo...

hawkjt
04-26-2005, 12:40 PM
I gotta say I like everything about Juan,; that inside out swing to right field of his,his range -he is like one of those self-propelled robot vacumm cleaners just sucking up everything. his arm, his strength and power. I luv Juan.

Mark Buehrle
04-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Whatever position Juan Uribe plays, he plays it very well.

Bobbo35
04-26-2005, 04:55 PM
C'mon now, you said it wrong. Its "Itelluwaat, thees keed Uribe....":D:

Mr. Ozzie

DaleJRFan
04-26-2005, 04:59 PM
I recall one spectacular play lastnight, moving to his left, stopping his momentum by dropping to his left knee and firing to first as he got up... "That's a web gem" and the last play of the game, scooping the ball from his feet and in one motion flicking the ball out of his mit to his throwing hand for the final out.

thees keeid con playee

MINFAN1
04-26-2005, 07:33 PM
I think he was talking about Jerry Azuma's little cousin Pablo... Potato, Pototo. Someday I will get these latin-american names figured out. I am also a big Bear fan.