PDA

View Full Version : The media thinks the Sox are a fluke? They Don't Care.

Banix12
04-26-2005, 12:18 AM
fairly nice article from Mike Downey.

Downey Article (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050425downey,1,1678892.column?coll=cs-home-utility)

Kenny talking to a reporter who thinks the sox are a fluke...
"I'm sorry people feel this way about our club. But I also want you to know something about that:

"We don't care."

kojak
04-26-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm totally fine with that. I don't want any respect from the media.

Hey, it [almost] worked for the Iliini!

TDog
04-26-2005, 12:42 AM
If you're surprised the White Sox don't stink, you weren't paying attention during the offseason.

chuckn98229
04-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Can you imagine the media orgasm that would be occurring if the north side scrub organization had the best record right now? Moronotti and company would be planning the route for the world series champion parade.

balke
04-26-2005, 12:46 AM
If you're surprised the White Sox don't stink, you weren't paying attention during the offseason.

??? I payed attention to the offseason and thought we did great. Many others did too. If you are hung on the longball, you must've been surprised. Many picked Sox to win the Central in the Preseason predictions, and not all of that was fan bias. Now, did anyone think we'd be 16-4... probably not.

Edit: Maybe I'm reading that quote wrong.... must be bedtime. Go SOX! BOO MEDIOTS!

Lip Man 1
04-26-2005, 01:04 AM
Brooks needs to make a bumper sticker with that on it as a slogan.

Lip

seanpmurphy
04-26-2005, 01:12 AM
When the media starts influencing the production of a team, maybe I'll care.
Until then, F the media and GO SOX

(ESPN loves the Yankees and look at them this season!)

mcfish
04-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Can you imagine the media orgasm that would be occurring if the north side scrub organization had the best record right now? Moronotti and company would be planning the route for the world series champion parade.It's already mapped out and ready to go. They did it the day the Cubs acquired Greg Maddux. They put in the order for the rings the week after.

fquaye149
04-26-2005, 10:58 AM
??? I payed attention to the offseason and thought we did great. Many others did too. If you are hung on the longball, you must've been surprised. Many picked Sox to win the Central in the Preseason predictions, and not all of that was fan bias. Now, did anyone think we'd be 16-4... probably not.

Edit: Maybe I'm reading that quote wrong.... must be bedtime. Go SOX! BOO MEDIOTS!

yeah, you did read it wrong

WhiteSoxFan84
04-26-2005, 11:47 AM
What a great year it's been for Illinois sports.
Illini make championship game.
Bulls are in the playoffs.
Wolves are in the playoffs.
Blackhawks haven't lost a game.
White Sox are best team in baseball.
All that matters looking great.

mike squires
04-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Up to this point I feel lucky to be in the position we are in. We have noone hitting lights out and the D hasn't been SPECTACULAR. But if the pitching holds up and stays healthy including our bullpen I don't see why we cannot win the division.

And when is it determined that this team is a fluke? When we get to the World Series and lose. Screw the media. remember, we don't care.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Now that we are no longer "under the radar", "we don't care" will do just fine. I hope someone Friday has a "You don't like us - We don't care" banner. And someone next to him has the Ozzie quote on a board proclaiming "No curses, so excuses. Just a lot of horse**** teams." I said in an earlier thread this team and organization reminds me of the Raiders of the 70's and early 80's. Even more as each day passes.

ElevenUp
04-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Brooks needs to make a bumper sticker with that on it as a slogan.

Lip

Absolutely. 1983 was "Winning ugly." 2005 is "We don't care."

kevingrt
04-26-2005, 03:32 PM
That has gotta be the slogan this year... "We Don't Care."

I LUVE IT!

krohnjw
04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
I like KW's response. That is defintely the best attitude for the team to take, even if it would be nice to get a little recognition.