PDA

View Full Version : comcast sportsnet postgame

rwcescato
04-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Am I the only one wandering why there is no postgame for tonights game. I am missing FSN right now. I have not seen any pre or post game for our Sox and yet I have witnessed post and pre for the flubs. What a great start to the season though. The more we can gain on the Twinkies the better.
GO SOX!!!!
Rich:supernana:

NDSox12
04-25-2005, 11:43 PM
At least you got to listen to Hawk & DJ. I had to suffer through the Oakland broadcast on MLB Extra Innings. Their play-by-play guy can put you to sleep. Chris Widger woke me up though!

16-4!

rwcescato
04-25-2005, 11:47 PM
At least you got to listen to Hawk & DJ. I had to suffer through the Oakland broadcast on MLB Extra Innings. Their play-by-play guy can put you to sleep. Chris Widger woke me up though!

16-4!

They had the A's broadcast on today. Ithought they had both teams on. I guess not.

AJPosguchi
04-25-2005, 11:50 PM
I was right there with you watching MLB Extra Innings... That guy is truly boring!

NDSox12
04-25-2005, 11:50 PM
On the digital cable version of MLB Extra Innings, it is always one or the other. Usually it is the home team broadcast, if their provider is part of the package.

chisox2005
04-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Am I the only one wandering why there is no postgame for tonights game. I am missing FSN right now. I have not seen any pre or post game for our Sox and yet I have witnessed post and pre for the flubs. What a great start to the season though. The more we can gain on the Twinkies the better.
GO SOX!!!!
Rich:supernana:

Are you trying to say that you weren't thrilled to get to watch the Penn State blue and white scrimmage game instead of a pre-game show for the sox?

Kogs35
04-25-2005, 11:59 PM
on mlb.tv it was hawk and dj

illinibk
04-26-2005, 12:03 AM
I am very unimpressed with the comcast coverage. They have nothing over the FSN broadcasts of the past. If I had HDTV, I might like Comcast a little more, but besides that, comcast is vastly inferior to FSN, and even WCIU broadcasts.

Lip Man 1
04-26-2005, 01:13 AM
The reason there will not be a post game show on Monday-Tuesday night is because of the time frame for the game itself. It was midnight in Chicago when SportsNite started, they aren't going to wait until 12:30 or so Chicago time to start it, they'll have zero viewers. SportsNite is more important to them because they have more commercials sold during the hour broadcast.

You'll see the same thing whenever the Sox play in Anaheim or Seattle at night as well.

Lip

anewman35
04-26-2005, 06:08 AM
The reason there will not be a post game show on Monday-Tuesday night is because of the time frame for the game itself. It was midnight in Chicago when SportsNite started, they aren't going to wait until 12:30 or so Chicago time to start it, they'll have zero viewers. SportsNite is more important to them because they have more commercials sold during the hour broadcast.

You'll see the same thing whenever the Sox play in Anaheim or Seattle at night as well.

Lip

The stupid part was that there was no pregame show, either. Apparently talking about Penn State football is much more important.

mealfred13
04-26-2005, 07:27 AM
I am very unimpressed with the comcast coverage. They have nothing over the FSN broadcasts of the past.

I think you're being a little harsh there. I've been loving the CSN coverage ever since Spring Training, when they covered practically every game and also had daily ST reports from Tuscon. For the regular season, they've had excellent game coverage as well as pre and postgame shows, in addition to repeating the biggest games of the day later on in the evening or early morning. I couldn't ask for more.

The only gripe I'd have with them is their occasional audio/video issues, especially of late. Other than that, I don't see how anyone can complain about the amount of coverage the Sox have been getting.

Also, I agree with Lip, I wasn't expecting a post-game show with the game ending around 11:30, and being far too late for a post-game show. Besides, at that time, I'd rather watch Conan.

irish rover
04-26-2005, 07:49 AM
The stupid part was that there was no pregame show, either. Apparently talking about Penn State football is much more important.

agree

harwar
04-26-2005, 07:58 AM

16-4!

Yea,oakland,frisco & the mets guys are the worst out there.
Of course tonight i just wish i could hear anyone because wciu's game will not be on Xtra-Innings.
With my failing eyesight i need a BIG SCREEN so the computer doesn't work well for me.
I'm just glad that the bulls aren't playing tonight because then baseball would get bumped off of espn1000 again.