PDA

View Full Version : Roberto Hernandez should retire

Bisco Stu
04-25-2005, 11:37 PM
He was gawd AWFUL for the Miracles tonite, we barely won the game.

Banix12
04-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Yeah, he's certainly lost a lot on his pitches and he's no longer a great reliever but if he wants to hang around and some team is willing to have him, he should stick around as long as he wants.

I know that if I had the ability to play baseball professionally I would stick around for as long as I could, no matter how bad I sucked. The pay is great and it's better than any real job i would want. So I don't blame players for hanging around past their time.

JaredNYM
04-26-2005, 12:53 AM
I agree that today he was awful but he did end up striking out three and it was his first bad outing all year. If you have been watching the mets this year, it can easily be said that Hernandez has been our best reliever this year, yes, its scary, but its also true. One game does not make a season, he hopefully will be fine. At least we finally called up Royce, he hopefully will be our closer soon because Looper is a joke.

jackbrohamer
04-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Hernandez has had Magglio Ordonez disease for years now. Whenever one of the slob beat writers covering the Sox for a Chicago paper wants an ex-player to rip on the Sox they can always go to him. They could also to go this guy if they knew what Burger King he was working at:

:jaime

SOXSINCE'70
04-26-2005, 01:55 PM
I always thought former Sox hurler (and I use the term loosely,
as his appearance always made me hurl) Carlos Castillo was
working at a BK in Chicago.He was the one who said after a tough
loss in '97 (and i'm paraphrasing),"If the person at Burger King
makes the hamburger wrong,you don't yell at them about it".:roflmao: :roflmao:

No,but you do go back and point out the hamburger was
made wrong and you'd like a replacement. :nod: :nod: