PDA

View Full Version : Sox are officially FREAL

Bisco Stu
04-26-2005, 12:31 AM
"Freal" means FOR REAL for all you custie straightedge noobs out there.

We won IN Oaktown.

Garland is on pace to be an ALLSTAR

We're 12 over .500, meaning even if we only go .500 the rest of the way (which we won't, not with our pitching), we still win 87 games.

fincher
04-26-2005, 12:36 AM
They're smokin' which is all I can say at this point. In other words, I'm speechless. Let it roll and let us all enjoy the ride.

kojak
04-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Officially indeed. From MLB.com:

For any doubters still remaining concerning the legitimacy of the White Sox start, a win in Oakland should silence them quickly. Since posting a 6-3 record against the A's in 2000, the White Sox entered Monday with a 9-27 record against Oakland and a 2-16 record at the Coliseum.

Hagan
04-26-2005, 12:44 AM
I think that we were for real before this game. Beating a mediocre Oakland team is not what showed everyone that we are here to make the playoffs this year. Having the best record in baseball and being up on the twins 4-1 so far has shown a lot of people that we are for real this year.

npdempse
04-26-2005, 12:52 AM
I think that we were for real before this game. Beating a mediocre Oakland team is not what showed everyone that we are here to make the playoffs this year. Having the best record in baseball and being up on the twins 4-1 so far has shown a lot of people that we are for real this year.

The season so far really begs the question--Who do we have to beat to show that we're the real deal? The O's? The Dodgers?

Crazy times, and I'm loving 'em.

Tragg
04-26-2005, 12:53 AM

I agree.

On a side note, I see moneyball hasn't scored a run in its last 2 games. Now this is a moneyball whose philosophy is based on offense.

jabrch
04-26-2005, 12:54 AM
The season so far really begs the question--Who do we have to beat to show that we're the real deal? The O's? The Dodgers?

Crazy times, and I'm loving 'em.

Definitely the Yankees. ESPN says they are the best team in baseball - so they must be the best team in baseball.

jabrch
04-26-2005, 12:54 AM
I agree.

On a side note, I see moneyball hasn't scored a run in its last 2 games. Now this is a moneyball whose philosophy is based on offense.

As many many many of us predicted, Moneyball, without the Big 3, is completely and totally bankrupt.

kojak
04-26-2005, 12:56 AM
I agree.

The problem with Moneyball is that it doesn't work in October (also known as "Moneytime")

Tragg
04-26-2005, 12:58 AM
As many many many of us predicted, Moneyball, without the Big 3, is completely and totally bankrupt.
And moneyball is much more of a philosophy of offense - soooooo, that should be irrelevant.
But as you said, it somehow is bankrupt without pitching. Imagine that. And by last year, it was really a big 2, but mr moneyball kept the lackey of the bunch.

BRDSR
04-26-2005, 01:01 AM
"Freal" means FOR REAL for all you custie straightedge noobs out there.

The definition of "freal" was appreciated but I also need a definition for "custie," "straightedge,"(not a ruler I assume) and "noob." Thank you.

TaylorStSox
04-26-2005, 01:04 AM
And moneyball is much more of a philosophy of offense - soooooo, that should be irrelevant.
But as you said, it somehow is bankrupt without pitching. Imagine that. And by last year, it was really a big 2, but mr moneyball kept the lackey of the bunch.

It affects defense too. The Moneyballers have sacrificed defense for guys that take alot of walks.

fquaye149
04-26-2005, 05:00 AM
The definition of "freal" was appreciated but I also need a definition for "custie," "straightedge,"(not a ruler I assume) and "noob." Thank you.

custie means custardy, I assume

straightedge means you don't drink, do drugs, or have promiscuous sex (whatever relevance that has to the matter)

noob either means newbie or nubian. I like to think nubian.

Bobbo35
04-26-2005, 07:23 AM
We were for real before the series started against the A's. The problem is that the rest of the MLB world can't quite get it through their thick skulls. They still doubt this team, which is fine. We are legit.

Go Sox!!