PDA

View Full Version : A Cubs fan admits ignorance

Cowhead418
04-25-2005, 09:16 PM
In my World Civ class today, i got into an argument with a few Flub fans. They kept saying "I'm waiting for the Sox to stop playing teams like Cleveland and Detroit" and "The Sox are going to collapse. No way do they beat Santana and the Twins". After their little rants, one of them looks to me and says "There are a lot of ignorant Cub fans. There is no way the Sox don't make the playoffs." I couldn't believe it and it shut up the other losers too. What do you guys make of this?

soxwon
04-25-2005, 09:38 PM
i work with quite a few cub fans.

although there are a lot of IGNORANT, ones.
A few have said" you gets look really good this year"
" i wish the cubs were as hot"
Majority admit the Cubs Wont look so great this year.
But there are others , that simply wont admit we are good.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Whenever Sammy has a good game, I paste a "Sammy Update" with the standings showing Baltimore in 1st place on my office door. It ticks them off. If someone has the nerve to question it I fire back "I'll give you 17,000,000 reasons why you should be interested. A portion of every ticket you buy this year goes to Baltimore." It gets them steamed, especially since they have been defending Corky from my attacks for the last 10 years or so.:smile:

Lip Man 1
04-26-2005, 01:24 AM
Chet:

Here's something else for you. That 17 million may also prevent the Cubs from getting players they may badly need in July. The Tribune Company has been admanet at saying they won't take the payroll over 100 million because the luxury tax kicks in.

The Cubs payroll is around 85-87 million right now. If you kick in Sammy's salary (and I thought they were 'only' paying Baltimore 14 million) that puts it pretty close to the drop-dead line.

We'll see.

Lip

RavenswoodFan
04-27-2005, 12:13 AM
In my World Civ class today, i got into an argument with a few Flub fans. They kept saying "I'm waiting for the Sox to stop playing teams like Cleveland and Detroit" and "The Sox are going to collapse. No way do they beat Santana and the Twins". After their little rants, one of them looks to me and says "There are a lot of ignorant Cub fans. There is no way the Sox don't make the playoffs." I couldn't believe it and it shut up the other losers too. What do you guys make of this?

It sounds like this cub fan is also a baseball fan unlike a lot of the morons that hang out at The Urinal!
I've got a couple of buddys who are cub fans and freely admit that most of the crowds at wrigley are a bunch of posers and don't really care about what happens at the game.:tongue: And also admit that Sox fans tend to be more knowlegable about our team, more so than Flubby Fans!

MIgrenade
04-27-2005, 12:41 AM
It sounds like this cub fan is also a baseball fan unlike a lot of the morons that hang out at The Urinal!
I've got a couple of buddys who are cub fans and freely admit that most of the crowds at wrigley are a bunch of posers and don't really care about what happens at the game.:tongue: And also admit that Sox fans tend to be more knowlegable about our team, more so than Flubby Fans!

I have friend like this. He has not been to Wrigley in 4 years and told me his reasoning was that he can't stand being around those people. Bunch of ignorant drunks. He's actually planning on making a trip to the Cell for a game.

DumpJerry
04-27-2005, 07:55 AM
The Flub fans I know tell me that they are amazed and excited about the Sox' success.

They know how to shut me up about their team's failures.:D: