PDA

View Full Version : Shingo's Saves...

chisoxfanatic
04-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Shingo has recorded six saves so far this year in the first roughly 12.5% of the season. He's displayed both flashes of brilliance, as well as times of struggle, when he's been out on the mound (more positive than negative, I'd say overall). Looking at his outing yesterday (albiet it was against KC), he really looked like the Shingo from the first half of last year, where he was retiring batters at an outstanding pace.

How many saves do you think he'll end up with this season?

kevingrt
04-25-2005, 07:26 PM
That is a very good quesiton chisoxfanatic...

Shingo could finish with 10 saves if he falters in a game or two and Hermanson comes in and plays just plain amazing. Or Shingo could end up with something around 50 saves if he continues what he has started versus the Tigers and Royals, albeit as you said the Tigers and Royals.

If you ask me personally though I got to think Shingo will finish out the season as the closer of your Chicago White Sox. Fourty-five or so saves would not be much out of the question for me. I am alwayss optimistic though especially towards individual players who I believe are good teammates and good people in general.

Chisox003
04-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Hermanson will be closing by June. Guaranteed.

Nothing against Shingo, Dustin just seems right, and is the better pitcher.

Get 'er Done!

S05X

PAPChiSox729
04-25-2005, 07:36 PM
I really don't know. If he remains as the closer throughout the season, he could easily rack up 45+ saves since we are going to be in a lot of close games. That being said, I think he will end up with around 25. Hermanson has emerged as probably our most reliable reliever. I expect him to get around 15 with Marte and Vizcaino getting some here and there. Our bullpen can be very strong. Once Takatsu and Marte get locked in, and Hermanson and Politte continue to throw the way they have been, our bullpen will be very scary and even deeper.

MRKARNO
04-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Let's just say that I don't think that Thiggy's getting worried....yet.

He is on pace for 51 saves and if he settles down like I think he can, we might see 40-45 from Shingo.

Whitesox029
04-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Shingo has recorded six saves so far this year in the first roughly 12.5% of the season. He's displayed both flashes of brilliance, as well as times of struggle, when he's been out on the mound (more positive than negative, I'd say overall). Looking at his outing yesterday (albiet it was against KC), he really looked like the Shingo from the first half of last year, where he was retiring batters at an outstanding pace.

How many saves do you think he'll end up with this season?
6 thru 12.5%?
how about 48.

Alanzo XXXVIII
04-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Shingo is going to blow at least 3-4 more saves this year, but I still think he'll post 30-35 total saves. Even the best closers have some horrible outings.

I'm just getting tired of seeing Shingo's ERA show up on the TV when he comes into the game. It makes me :rolleyes: .