PDA

View Full Version : cubs fans = geniuses

likeawarlord
04-25-2005, 03:31 PM
cubs message board (http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-cubs&msg=148499.1&ctx=0)

...i love how its inconceivable to them that a white sox fan would think the white sox are anywhere near as good as the cubs. like the cubs are so much better than the sox that even sox fans should prefer the cubs.

itsnotrequired
04-25-2005, 03:41 PM
This is an insane response:

http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages?msg=148499.7

LOL, I knew a bunch of you WS fans would be lying in the weeds.
The WS are overachieving though. I mean come on; Crede, Uribe, Podsednik, Pierzynski, and Taguchi all in the same lineup? That group will combine for less than a .340 OBP when it's all said and done.

5 players are going to combine for less than .340 OBP? :kukoo:

seanpmurphy
04-25-2005, 03:44 PM
waaa! waaaa! waaaa!! There's a new sheriff in town and he's from the southside, waaaa!!

--any Cubs fan on that message board

Uncle_Patrick
04-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Ugh, just more proof of how mind-numbing the MLB boards can be. My brain hurts from reading that.

Let the loser Scrubby fans believe whatever they want. "The White Sox are overachieving" is the same thing as saying "we are jealous because our team is mediocre." That whole thread reeks of bitterness.

itsnotrequired
04-25-2005, 05:26 PM
This is another gem...

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-cubs&msg=148606.1&ctx=0

MUsoxfan
04-25-2005, 05:32 PM
That whole MLB board situation is a total zoo.

"Your team sucks"

"No, your team sucks"

Over and over again. It's mindnumbing pain that can be totally avoided by just not straying from this site.

SoxFan76
04-25-2005, 05:33 PM
I think Cub fans are funny. It's like watching 2 dumb dogs wrestle.

"Oh look at them go....they are so stupid yet so entertaining."

Randar68
04-25-2005, 05:48 PM
5 players are going to combine for less than .340 OBP? :kukoo:

Don't worry, they'll have Patterson leading off with a .310 OBP by the time the season is over.

VA_GoGoSox
04-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Wow, I had never been to those boards and I don't believe I will ever go back. It boggles my mind that a group of people that are literate and capable of using a computer could be so mind-numbingly stupid. I think I need a few beers and a nap after reading that.

Uncle_Patrick
04-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Honestly, I think that most of the people who post on the MLB boards are either so-called "fans" who are too lazy to seek out websites (like WSI) where real fans get together and talk about their teams in an, at least, semi-intelligent manner (or have been banned from such sites) or people who just want to troll and pick fights with a rival team's fans. Really, I lose IQ points reading those posts.

PAPChiSox729
04-25-2005, 08:48 PM
That whole MLB board situation is a total zoo.

"Your team sucks"

"No, your team sucks"

Over and over again. It's mindnumbing pain that can be totally avoided by just not straying from this site.

Yeah, I'm glad I left and upgraded to this group of boards with such well thought out posts and even more intriguing, enlightened posters.

:D:

ode to veeck
04-26-2005, 05:35 AM
I think Cub fans are funny. It's like watching 2 dumb dogs wrestle.

More like lemmings following each other into the sea ...