PDA

View Full Version : Sox Merchandise

StrTrkker
04-25-2005, 02:47 PM
I been looking here and there for any Sox merchandise (Keychains, Decals, etc...) at local stores but so far I've only seen a few items (compared to the Scrubs items) at stores like Walgreens, Osco & Kmart.

Anyone know of any other stores in the Chicagoland area that carry Sox items?

skottyj242
04-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Everywhere in a month or so.

fincher
04-25-2005, 02:52 PM
The best place I've found is just west of the ballpark:

Grandstand
600 W. 35th St.
Chicago
773-927-1984

They have just about everything and then some.

MUsoxfan
04-25-2005, 03:25 PM
If you're near the SW burbs....Pro Jersey on the NW corner of 75th & Lemont Rd has a great selection of Sox stuff. I buy something new there about once a week.

StrTrkker
04-25-2005, 04:03 PM
If you're near the SW burbs....Pro Jersey on the NW corner of 75th & Lemont Rd has a great selection of Sox stuff. I buy something new there about once a week.

Kool...I work near there. I will stop by and check it out...thanks.

LVSoxFan
04-25-2005, 04:27 PM
I was gonna say: on the North side or downtown, forget it.

The North Side (where I live) is a total loss. Cubs merch outnumbers Sox by at least 10-1. They have a couple of crappy t-shirts and maybe a sweatshirt.

Downtown is no better; there's two sports places on Michigan within walking distance from me, and the ratio is the same. Perhaps you can get a Buehrle jersey or Ordonez (now on sale, LOL!), but the selection is lame.

My favorite place to get the stuff is at the actual park.

You South siders don't know how good you have it!

fincher
04-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Actually, Sports Authority is decent all over Chicago and there are the smaller stores near Wrigley. I still prefer Grandstand since its close enough to downtown. Grandstand really does have just about everything.

Cubsuck_a_lot
04-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Everywhere in a month or so.

oh my, so damn true. probably less. i just graduated from u of i champaign, and working in the loop, my ILLINI Cheif sweatshirt got a lot of attention. but no one thought i had gone there. they all assumed i was jumping on the band-wagon that was the Orange Invasion.

oh yeah, and those that say Grandstand is the best place for Sox gear are 100% correct.

MrRoboto83
04-25-2005, 07:49 PM
oh my, so damn true. probably less. i just graduated from u of i champaign, and working in the loop, my ILLINI Cheif sweatshirt got a lot of attention. but no one thought i had gone there. they all assumed i was jumping on the band-wagon that was the Orange Invasion.

oh yeah, and those that say Grandstand is the best place for Sox gear are 100% correct.

grandstand is the best, I ordered a few items online from them www.grandstandsox.com (http://www.grandstandsox.com), they called me the next day to verify that my order was correct and that they were shipping it that day, wonderful service to be expected from fellow Sox fans

OKCidiot
04-25-2005, 08:20 PM
And it's not just limited to general fan gear... try going to Borders or Barnes and Noble sometime and browse through their sports sections. I swear the publishers must think Sox fans are illiterate or something! I was back in the Chicago area a couple weeks ago and stopped at the Borders in Orland Park. The good news, I got a copy of Ron Kittle's new book TALES FROM THE WHITE SOX DUGOUT. The bad news, it was only one of three or four books there about the Sox (and I already had the rest of them!). On the other hand, the shelves were literally polluted with Cubs, Wrigley Field, etc. books.

STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!

fusillirob1983
04-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Do they sell Sox pride bracelets at the ballpark or are they only sold online?

ChiSoxGirl
04-25-2005, 11:20 PM

SoxPride wristbands are available at the ballpark, as well. I know, for sure, you can buy them at the ticket window on the lower level near home plate. :smile:

chisoxfanatic
04-26-2005, 02:10 AM
I'd actually like Sox drawstring PJ pants myself. They'd ultimately have a white background with a bunch of Sox logos staggering the fabric. If anyone finds anything of this description, let me know.

If it's at Grandstand, that would be optimal, as the store is less than a mile away from here.

sox7235
04-26-2005, 03:39 AM

Do they have a website?

ilsox7
04-26-2005, 03:40 AM

Pro Jersey is cool. I got an '83 hat, the batting practice hat, and a shirt that says the Sox are Chicago's Home Team there last week.

StrTrkker
04-26-2005, 07:26 AM

I seen some Sox bracelets at Jewel/Osco. Im not sure if these are Sox Pride ones but they have the Sox logo on the package. These were colored gray and were priced at $2 each...

StrTrkker
04-26-2005, 07:28 AM
I'd actually like Sox drawstring PJ pants myself. They'd ultimately have a white background with a bunch of Sox logos staggering the fabric. If anyone finds anything of this description, let me know.

If it's at Grandstand, that would be optimal, as the store is less than a mile away from here.

Seen these at Kmart along with Boxers. But the ones I saw were all black with the Sox logo all over them...