PDA

View Full Version : Olney prediction for today's game VS A's

JoseCanseco6969
04-25-2005, 01:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=olney_buster&id=2045422

10:05 ET: The Reverse Lock of the Day is in Oakland. The White Sox have won seven straight games and Jon Garland (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6396) is throwing well, and they will face the Athletics' Barry Zito (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6394), who is 0-3 with a 6.94 ERA in four starts. Logic says Chicago will win, which means we can look for an Oakland victory

balke
04-25-2005, 01:48 PM
It only makes sense

patbooyah
04-25-2005, 01:49 PM
yeah, really. what the hell is that guy talking about?!

JoseCanseco6969
04-25-2005, 01:56 PM
yeah, really. what the hell is that guy talking about?!

Reverse lock of the day, very cute indeed! Come on Jonny boy, prove these experts wrong again.

Rocklive99
04-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Have you seen the Sox in Oakland lately? It has happened in previous seasons when this team is so hot that it's untouchable and then they go into Oakland and just tank for a while. That's why I liked the change in personality in the team, I was hoping this whole west coast thing would change. We all love the way the team is playing, but many here know that these games and the games on the west coast will tell us something on the team (and of course you can't win them all, for me they don't have to win this series, but it will be important to look at how they play) I don't think there should be a big problem tonight though. Even if JG is average, Zito has been stinking it up for a while now

JoseCanseco6969
04-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Wouldnt the "reverse logic" from past years as evidence mean that we actually would beat the A's??? Maybe I'm just not as smart as ESPN writers

MUsoxfan
04-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Law of Averages at it again!

PAPChiSox729
04-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Have you seen the Sox in Oakland lately? It has happened in previous seasons when this team is so hot that it's untouchable and then they go into Oakland and just tank for a while. That's why I liked the change in personality in the team, I was hoping this whole west coast thing would change.

I agree. I think this is a big series for thew Sox and we will get an early glimpse to see if this team really has changed. We've had a history of playing poorly against the West. If this team is better, our record against the AL West will show it.

ExpoPuddingHead
04-25-2005, 05:12 PM
ESPN does the reverse lock of the day every day, picking guys with era's over 6 on the brewers to beat guys like Dontrelle Willis, its actually funny how they are right about half the time, baseball is pretty unpredictable.

kevingrt
04-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Michael Wilbon on ESPN's PTU just predicted the White Sox would lose tonight also. He at least gave a credible stat in how we are about like 2-15 over the past four seasons or something like that.

Unregistered
04-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Call me a douchebag punkass troll, but I'd bet money against the Sox tonight, too - just seems like something's gonna give.

Man, I hope I'm proved wrong. :cool:

Ol' No. 2
04-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Call me a douchebag punkass troll, but I'd bet money against the Sox tonight, too - just seems like something's gonna give.

Man, I hope I'm proved wrong. :cool:I'll take that bet. Something's gonna give, all right. The middle of the order is going to break out and pound the living **** out of Zito.

Unregistered
04-25-2005, 05:49 PM
I'll take that bet. Something's gonna give, all right. The middle of the order is going to break out and pound the living **** out of Zito.Nice. A case of Falstaff hangs in the balance. :D:

Mark Buehrle
04-25-2005, 05:51 PM
I think they'll be fine, they're not going in there relying on home runs anymore.

PAPChiSox729
04-25-2005, 07:40 PM
I'll take that bet. Something's gonna give, all right. The middle of the order is going to break out and pound the living **** out of Zito.

Zito has really fallen a long way. A few years ago, I would think we had no chance against him. But our revamped offense and the fact that Zito is a #3 starter at best has me very optimistic about our chances tonight. Harden scares me a lot more then Zito does.

Lip Man 1
04-25-2005, 08:02 PM
The Sox are 2-18 in Oakland since the start of the 2001 season, just FYI.

Lip

balke
04-25-2005, 08:05 PM
What goes up must come down.

Rocklive99
04-25-2005, 08:10 PM
That can also be used as an advantage for us, if you use the logic of baseball being so unpredicatable (as are all sports), we are due to play well there. I mean, Zito has owned us in the past, but he has been horrible lately. I'd be interested in our west coast stats during 2000, I'll look it up after this annoying paper due tomorrow. It has been very weird to watch though, we have seen the Twins go into the west coast with no problems, so you can't say that the change of time has an affect on just one team. Oakland was good too, but they had that Minny look against us, hitting it where we weren't and shutting us down on the other side. We had no problem with them at the Cell though, so it has really been weird.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Don't forget, the A's have feared Sox killer Bobby "I hit .125 against the rest of the league but .475 with 17 GWRBI against the Sox" Kielty.

How I hate that guy.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-25-2005, 08:49 PM
That's funny, and it's not far off from the logic used by most national media types- from what I can tell.

buehrle4cy05
04-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Just as long as they don't swing at Zito's curveball, the Sox will be fine tonight. As for when the face Rich Harden...drag bunts anyone?