PDA

View Full Version : Best World Series *ever*


cheeses_h_rice
11-04-2001, 10:20 PM
This one had it all, it really did.

The Diamondbacks are to be commended for tonight's game. They won it all against the best closer in postseason history.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

I am very, very, very, very happy right now.

GO D-BACKS!!! GREAT JOB!!!

Spiff
11-04-2001, 10:27 PM
Hate the Yankees so much....had to have them lose....fell asleep in the 5th inning but I had set my alarm for 10:45 in case that happened...woke up so happy I could puke....decided to stay up anyway, if the D-Backs were gonna win I was gonna at least see it...when Torre brought Rivera in in the 8th it raised my eyebrow I knew how human he could be for 2 innings...was concerned but not panicked in the 8th...the 9th was heaven...there is a God...for all the underdogs out there....ALCS was World Series? I think not....Kim is off the hook.....I don't owe anyone money....all is well...everyone sleeps with a big fat smile on their face....THE YANKEES LOSE!!! THAAAAAAAAA YANKEES LOSE!!!!

doublem23
11-04-2001, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
Hate the Yankees so much....had to have them lose....fell asleep in the 5th inning but I had set my alarm for 10:45 in case that happened...woke up so happy I could puke....decided to stay up anyway, if the D-Backs were gonna win I was gonna at least see it...when Torre brought Rivera in in the 8th it raised my eyebrow I knew how human he could be for 2 innings...was concerned but not panicked in the 8th...the 9th was heaven...there is a God...for all the underdogs out there....ALCS was World Series? I think not....Kim is off the hook.....I don't owe anyone money....all is well...everyone sleeps with a big fat smile on their face....THE YANKEES LOSE!!! THAAAAAAAAA YANKEES LOSE!!!!

I agree.

ma-gaga
11-04-2001, 10:46 PM
yay. i have a soft spot for the 1991 Twins, but this is a close 2nd. :)

nut_stock
11-04-2001, 11:22 PM
What about the marlins beating the Indians in '97!

...seriously though, this will go down as one of the most exciting.

Paulwny
11-05-2001, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
THE YANKEES LOSE!!! THAAAAAAAAA YANKEES LOSE!!!!

LOL, Sterling and "see ya" Kay crying in their beers !!!!

GASHWOUND
11-05-2001, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
This one had it all, it really did.

The Diamondbacks are to be commended for tonight's game. They won it all against the best closer in postseason history.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

I am very, very, very, very happy right now.

GO D-BACKS!!! GREAT JOB!!!

It was the best Series I ever seen and it turned out even better cause of the results. :)

Bmr31
11-05-2001, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


It was the best Series I ever seen and it turned out even better cause of the results. :)


now THAT was exciting baseball! Now if they can only make it fair and allow all teams to pursue free agents....