SP Garland
RP Marte

1B Konerko
SP Buehrle
SP Garland

1B Konerko
SP Buehrle
SP Garland

I can't believe how drastic KW has gotten in changing the makeup of this team the past few years. I knew it was huge but after looking into detailed stats, it just surprised me more. And as others posted, mayeb this whole Oakland west coast "curse" thing will not be a factor this year with the revamped team.

It's just amazing that we only have 3 starters on our roster that were from the 2002 opening day squad!
GO SOX! Lets prove these critics wrong!

Clembasbal
04-25-2005, 12:14 PM
That pretty amazing, but don't forget Thomas. Even though he is not a starter, he is on the DL and thus on the roster at least.

downstairs
04-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Yes! That is good general managing. Everyone complained about losing Carlos Lee, and others through the years.

If a team can only achieve a mediocre 2nd place, always a mere handful of games away from .500.... you have to essentially blow up the team.

It hurts, its risky.... but the other option is just to be "happy" with 2nd place (which is what the Sox management have been since 1990.)

JoseCanseco6969
04-25-2005, 12:49 PM
That pretty amazing, but don't forget Thomas. Even though he is not a starter, he is on the DL and thus on the roster at least.

Yeah i just excluded him only cause hes not on the active roster, but hopefully we can include him soon to get those walks up!

RustyKuntz
04-25-2005, 12:53 PM
If a team can only achieve a mediocre 2nd place, always a mere handful of games away from .500.... you have to essentially blow up the team.

You're absolutely right. And the best part is that we didn't have to go through a long "rebuilding period" like the Indians.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-25-2005, 01:02 PM
The biggest move was launching Jerry Manual.

JoseCanseco6969
04-25-2005, 01:33 PM
The biggest move was launching Jerry Manual.

2 years too late, but better late than never! Theres a good reason hes not managing a team right now.