PDA

View Full Version : Carmen (from Carmen & Silvy show) will talk SOX on ESPN News at 3pm

Hangar18
04-25-2005, 11:19 AM
And guess why hes going to be there? They are currently talking about how the SOX could be 15-4, Best start ever in franchise history, Best record in baseball, yet cant break the back pages in both newspapers, and are being largely ignored with the media consumed by Nomar Garciaparra and the other team. (Hmmmm, wasnt I just saying that the last few days?)

Luckily, the Tinfoil is working, they apparently made some noise with the parent station, and theyre going to Interview him LIVE this afternoon to talk about the SOX and the lack of coverage theyre getting here in Chicago and abroad. Finally!! some respect! Good for them

Palehose13
04-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Help me out here, Henry...I'm not quite understanding. MJ&H start at 3. Is Carmen going to be on just before the show during the update to discuss the media snub...for a minute?

munchman33
04-25-2005, 11:25 AM
It's probably going to be a thirty second blurb during the sportscenter radio updates.

Hangar18
04-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Help me out here, Henry...I'm not quite understanding. MJ&H start at 3. Is Carmen going to be on just before the show during the update to discuss the media snub...for a minute?

He just said hes going to be interviewed (probably briefly) on the TV SIDE of ESPN news, so he will be on TV, they will be talking about the SOX scorching-hot, historically relevant start. Im glad they are, because NONE of the broadcast outlets here in Chicago have noticed, or cant be bothered, what
with Nomar being injured and all. And the Bears drafting some players .....
(can you imagine if that other team started out 15-4? -shudders-)

mikehuff
04-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Carmen made a mistake today and said that the Sox were in first place for a while last year, but they ended up finishing up in third place.
I emailed him immediately, but heard no correction.

tacosalbarojas
04-25-2005, 11:44 AM
He just said hes going to be interviewed (probably briefly) on the TV SIDE of ESPN news, so he will be on TV, they will be talking about the SOX scorching-hot, historically relevant start. Im glad they are, because NONE of the broadcast outlets here in Chicago have noticed, or cant be bothered, what
with Nomar being injured and all. And the Bears drafting some players .....
(can you imagine if that other team started out 15-4? -shudders-)Bull playoff, okay that should be first. But the second day of draft coverage got larger type of the back page of the Times than our sweep of the Royales. Half those draft guys won't even make the team this fall...c'mon guys, show us some 15-4 love!

mrfourni
04-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Will Reinsdorf be making an appearance with his apples?

BRDSR
04-25-2005, 11:46 AM
I like Carmen and I'm interested to see what he'll have to say with a chance at some TV time. I'll be in class at 3 though, so if anyone can post a synopsis here, that would be great. Thanks.

Soxzilla
04-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Will it be on ESPNnews AND ESPN1?

fledgedrallycap
04-25-2005, 12:16 PM
For those unaware, you can listen to the audio feed for ESPN News on the internet:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/espnews/index

fledgedrallycap
04-25-2005, 12:19 PM

:?:

Frater Perdurabo
04-25-2005, 01:32 PM

Should Jerry cell, sorry sell?

fledgedrallycap
04-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Should Jerry cell, sorry sell?

I had forgotten about that thread....that was hilarious

GiveMeSox
04-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Wow Defalco rocked this guy is the epidemy of a sox fan and very class very smart guy. He knew everything about the sox and the cubs for that matter and came off very well. I see big thing for this guy. Way to go Carmen!!:D:

mikehuff
04-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Wow Defalco rocked this guy is the epidemy of a sox fan and very class very smart guy. He knew everything about the sox and the cubs for that matter and came off very well. I see big thing for this guy. Way to go Carmen!!:D:

Can you give a recap?

SoxFan76
04-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Can you give a recap?

ha, no kidding.

"So did you see that great game yesterday? It must of been the greatest game of all time. No? You didn't see it? Oh, well I have to go..."

DickAllen72
04-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Carmen made a mistake today and said that the Sox were in first place for a while last year, but they ended up finishing up in third place.

Yeah, I heard that as well. The way he said it kind of bugged me too.

nasox
04-25-2005, 07:10 PM
I had forgotten about that thread....that was hilarious

Can somebody link that? I need to laugh.

Lip Man 1
04-25-2005, 08:08 PM
The Bears beat reporter for WSCR Radio was on Chicago Tribune Live today and when they were discussing the Sox made the same type of statement and it wasn't with a negative conotation. He said that they have been overshadowed by Illinois, by the Bulls in the playoffs and the Bears NFL draft. He said that's not automatically a bad thing, he said Ozzie prefers keeping the heat off the players and just let them keep piling up wins.

K.C. Johnson the Bulls beat writer for the Tribune was also on and said that even though it's early you just get a sense that this is going to be a special year for the Sox. He likened it to the Bulls season after that dreadful 0-9 start.

Lip

Rocklive99
04-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah, Carmen is cool. He's smart, earned a show, did great in those Sox ST games, and the future looks good for him. On the radio show he said he was a die hard Sox fan. I also heard the 3rd place thing, was a little peeve, but probably just a mistake, wrong side of town!

Can somebody link that? I need to laugh.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35558&highlight=afford+major

Oh man, good times, and everyone on the sofa stares as I laugh uncontrollably at the computer screen