PDA

View Full Version : Mark Gonzales (Tribune) Lack of Fact Checking

ilsox7
04-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Tribune writer Mark Gonzales put on display another lack of research in his article about today's game. He asserts the Sox are 7-1 in 1-Run games this season. They are, of course, 9-1. I am not one who generally is vocal about the piss poor media, but it just annoys me that these guys cannot even get their facts right.

StillMissOzzie
04-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Hmmmmm.

If only the World's Greatest Newspaper had some sort of "Information Superhighway Provider" (ISP) to check, rec-check, and then check again facts like this.

SMO
:gulp:

JB98
04-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Hmmmmm.

If only the World's Greatest Newspaper had some sort of "Information Superhighway Provider" (ISP) to check, rec-check, and then check again facts like this.

SMO
:gulp:

On Sunday's front page of sports, they had an "up next" box that indicated the Sox would be playing in Oakland on SUNDAY at 9 p.m. Um, no. The Sox were still in KC yesterday, and it was a day game. Another Oops for the Cubune.

Lip Man 1
04-25-2005, 01:28 PM
I sent Mark an e-mail about it but there was no correction as of this morning.

Lip

PaleHoseGeorge
04-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Dammit! There goes another of those pain in the ass FACTS getting in the way of a good story...

:knue
"It's getting harder and harder to bury this 'Sox winning' story. What can we hope to do after Miami wipes out the Bulls?!?"

:ohno
"Cover Bears camp, no doubt."

TommyJohn
04-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Dammit! There goes another of those pain in the ass FACTS getting in the way of a good story...

:knue
"It's getting harder and harder to bury this 'Sox winning' story. What can we hope to do after Miami wipes out the Bulls?!?"

:ohno
"Cover Bears camp, no doubt."

Do the "Nomar Watch" of course! DUH!

ode to veeck
04-26-2005, 05:20 AM
why is this thread in the outhouse?! no dead trolls, no idiots that haven't figured out not to read any moron drivelings, no mention of the pope's youthful political affiliations, ... too vanilla for me

ilsox7
04-26-2005, 05:28 AM
why is this thread in the outhouse?! no dead trolls, no idiots that haven't figured out not to read any moron drivelings, no mention of the pope's youthful political affiliations, ... too vanilla for me

I started it and posted it here b/c it had to do with the media. I figured it'd go ignored or evolve into something deserving of this place.