PDA

View Full Version : Trey Wingo on SportsCenter...

Erik The Red
04-24-2005, 11:22 PM
... just said "Good guys up 4-2 after the homer by Burnitz."

C'mon Trey, everyone knows that Good Guys Wear Black.

JUribe1989
04-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Trey also said "Do Cubs fans have more to be upset about other than the success on the other side of town?" I was thrilled to hear that before the clip of the Cub game. We are getting recognition and Cubs ands their fans are getting made fun of again just like the 90s. They are the lovable losers!

ND_Sox_Fan
04-25-2005, 11:10 AM
We are getting recognition and Cubs ands their fans are getting made fun of again just like the 90s. They are the lovable losers!

I have a feeling that if this continues we are going to need some seriously large bandwagons.

Stroker Ace
04-25-2005, 01:11 PM

Also, a few days ago, some ESPN moron used, "You can put it on the board-Yes!" to call a sCrUBs home run.:angry: :angry: :angry:

Rocklive99
04-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Also, a few days ago, some ESPN moron used, "You can put it on the board-Yes!" to call a sCrUBs home run.:angry: :angry: :angry:

I heard that one too, do they have to steal everything from us?

I want Mags back
04-25-2005, 04:40 PM
GOOD GUYS- doesnt he know ESPN is supposed to be neutral network

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-25-2005, 07:38 PM
I heard that one too, do they have to steal everything from us?

ESPN has stolen, I think, every Hawk-ism there is...I remember Craig Kilborn using "Grab some bench" in a highlight....they've stolen the nicknames, the Hawk-isms...what they can't ever steal, is the class. Stay in Connecticut - I'll watch Comcast and Bill Melton.

HAWK - there's a radio show I'd kill to listen to. Especially him talking to old players...how about Hawk and Farmer??

Uncle_Patrick
04-25-2005, 08:12 PM
ESPN has stolen, I think, every Hawk-ism there is...I remember Craig Kilborn using "Grab some bench" in a highlight....they've stolen the nicknames, the Hawk-isms...what they can't ever steal, is the class. Stay in Connecticut - I'll watch Comcast and Bill Melton.

HAWK - there's a radio show I'd kill to listen to. Especially him talking to old players...how about Hawk and Farmer??

Its funny that ESPN rips off Hawk's phrases. I recall last season a thread here about some ESPN commentators ripping on Hawk.

As far as the Hawk and Farmer show, I think I heard that those guys don't get along so well. At least, that was the rumor.

PAPChiSox729
04-25-2005, 08:21 PM
GOOD GUYS- doesnt he know ESPN is supposed to be neutral network

ESPN: Unbiased sports journalism
:roflmao:

Lip Man 1
04-25-2005, 09:22 PM
Hawk and Ed seemed to get along great on that TV game from spring training. Ed was sitting in for mushmouth, stumble bum D.J.

Hawk and Ed had a number of stories and remember they were teammates briefly.

Lip

boiler up
04-25-2005, 09:27 PM

I saw that too, i got a little upset.

there is only one "good guys" in this town