PDA

View Full Version : Crede's Hiting Streak Over

SouthSide4Life
04-24-2005, 04:21 PM
:(:its ok maybe Joe will decide to start a new one tomorrw:smile:

chisoxfanatic
04-24-2005, 04:25 PM
While hitting streaks are good for your record books, as long as Crede can continue advancing runners and having a great defensive game, I'll be happy with Crede the entire season. :)

MUsoxfan
04-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Those were four REALLY hard hit balls today. 14 games is 13 games longer than he'd have a hit streak all year long. Hopefully now he's developing into the player that got all the hype

ma_deuce
04-24-2005, 05:28 PM
I give it up to Crede for stepping up and playing exceptionally well. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Jurr
04-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Did you see his numbers over the streak??

.408....6 doubles...2 bombs....8 RBI..

Great stuff, and we're not even including the stellar defense he plays.

OzzieFan
04-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Lets hope he starts another streak tomorrow... He is a very streaky hitter who gets down on himself easily. So hopefully he can put a rabbit out of the hat every now and then.

jordan23ventura
04-24-2005, 05:51 PM
I really like the way that he has been hitting the ball, especially that hard grounder that normally would have been right down the third base line. He isn't taking a lot of bad swings and he is going up there looking for his pitch. He's being aggressive at the plate and that is a great sign, especially from a guy who usually gets even hotter around July/August. If he gets some consistency, he will finish above .300 this year.

voodoochile
04-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Had a couple of ducksnorts and seeing eye grounders that kept it alive - especially at the beginning, today he smokes the ball several times and gets a dounut... that's just baseball.

batmanZoSo
04-24-2005, 06:23 PM
It's over. Let's trade him now while his value is high. :kneeslap::neener:

kevingrt
04-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Very nice streak about Joe and it was disappointing it ended this afternoon, but as Hawk mentioned a couple of times every ball he hit was hit hard. I think Joe will keep up the tear he has been on for a little while. But more importantly he's got to keep up the stellar defense he has played for most of the season. That error today though was kinda ugly though.

itsnotrequired
04-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Did you see his numbers over the streak??

.408....6 doubles...2 bombs....8 RBI..

Great stuff, and we're not even including the stellar defense he plays.

Right on. Streaks are great and all but solid play day-in and day-out is far more important.

JoseCanseco6969
04-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Those were four REALLY hard hit balls today. 14 games is 13 games longer than he'd have a hit streak all year long. Hopefully now he's developing into the player that got all the hype

Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come with Joe. It'd be nice to say next year...yeah good thing we gave up Olivo instead of Joltin Joe. (Not to go back to beating a dead horse topic):D:

DaleJRFan
04-24-2005, 09:13 PM
he was 0 for 4 today, but... he hit the ball HARD. To obad the streak is over, but I expect him to start another one. The thing I noticed is that he gets upset with himself when he makes an out. If he pops up, or grounds out, he gets mad. I like that. Didn't see that fire last year. Go Joe!

DumpJerry
04-24-2005, 10:54 PM
The thing about long (10+ games) hitting streaks is they become a distraction and can cost a team a victory as everyone is concentrating on the streak and not the game itself.