cheeses_h_rice
11-04-2001, 10:08 PM
OK, so they're not dead yet...

Spiff
11-04-2001, 10:10 PM
Shhhh we don't wanna blow it.

nut_stock
11-04-2001, 11:14 PM
I can't wait for the inevitable press conference where Mark Grace says he paid his dues (playing on a team of complete losers for so long)!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry_Manuel
11-04-2001, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I can't wait for the inevitable press conference where Mark Grace says he paid his dues (playing on a team of complete losers for so long)!!!!!!!!!!

:shammy
I ran him out of town.

czalgosz
11-04-2001, 11:34 PM
That was pretty moving to see him crying with joy after the game - he was too decent of a guy to waste so much of his career with the Cubs for that long.

jklm
11-05-2001, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz
That was pretty moving to see him crying with joy after the game - he was too decent of a guy to waste so much of his career with the Cubs for that long.

Actually Grace always wants to stay in Chicago.

P.S. I don't mind having Grace/Stone as our future announcing team, now that the Ex-Cub factor has perished... :)

Quote from Gracie: (AP)

Grace -- the old ex-Cub in his first World Series after signing with Arizona as a free agent -- started the ninth with his third single of the night.

"I wasn't good enough to be the first baseman for the Cubs," Grace said. "But I'm good enough to be the first baseman for the world champions, and that feels pretty damn good."

FarWestChicago
11-05-2001, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by jklm
Quote from Gracie: (AP)

"I wasn't good enough to be the first baseman for the Cubs," Grace said. "But I'm good enough to be the first baseman for the world champions, and that feels pretty damn good."
:shammy

That's right. I ran you out of town because you are a loser!