PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Impressed by Sox Start

RKMeibalane
04-24-2005, 05:55 AM
Big Hurt Impressed With Teammates (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/whitesox.asp?id=40300)

Erik The Red
04-24-2005, 06:42 AM
I would have expected this kind of positive Frank Thomas article in the Tribune or Sun-Times.

ma_deuce
04-24-2005, 06:45 AM
The White Sox leading the League and Frank an unselfish team player... God, I'm lovin' this season so far!

:bandance::supernana::dtroll::supernana::bandance:

voodoochile
04-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Hmmmmm... Frank is talking to Uribe and now Uribe is hitting... Stay with the team Frank.

Jjav829
04-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Hmmmmm... Frank is talking to Uribe and now Uribe is hitting... Stay with the team Frank.

Can he please talk to Jermaine Dye? A lot, preferably. Like every other hour of the day. :smile:

MRKARNO
04-24-2005, 10:49 AM
:cubune
"Frank Thomas calls out Juan Uribe, in no hurry to return"

Fake Chet Lemon
04-24-2005, 11:01 AM
I would have expected this kind of positive Frank Thomas article in the Tribune or Sun-Times.

Speaking of that, DID YOU SEE THE SUNDAY TRIBUNE TODAY? The Sox headline was (this is no joke!) :

"Straining for 6th Straight. Contreras hamstring injury mars Sox's record 14-4 start."

THE ENTIRE FLIPPEN RECORD TEAM START IS MARRED BY A MILD HAMSTRING INJURY?? UNBELIEVABLE, EVEN BY THEIR STANDARDS!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-24-2005, 11:02 AM
:cubune
"Frank Thomas calls out Juan Uribe, in no hurry to return"

:TailgunnerJoe
"Frank anxious to return, renegotiate contract, rip apart Sox clubhouse. Cancer! Cancer! Cancer!"

Fake Chet Lemon
04-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Frank isn't even playing. Why are the papers constantly feeding us his opinion? Don't misunderstand. I want Frank back and I think he is still a key to us winning the division. But why not interview the guys actually getting it done on the field right now, and put their quotes in headlines? I'm probably paranoid, but it's as if the writers are doing this on purpose so the Sox players DO GET UPSET that Frank's opinion is the only one that seems to matters. I'd like to see Frank take a back seat until he returns. But if he does that, then the headlines are "Moody Frank not Talking to Media." We can just never win it seems with the media. But I'd rather win where it counts anyway, on the field. YES!

John Barrett
04-24-2005, 11:37 AM
they (the media) are just digging trying to hit a nerve...any nerve something to start trouble... to hell with them all just play

HebrewHammer
04-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Speaking of that, DID YOU SEE THE SUNDAY TRIBUNE TODAY? The Sox headline was (this is no joke!) :

"Straining for 6th Straight. Contreras hamstring injury mars Sox's record 14-4 start."

THE ENTIRE FLIPPEN RECORD TEAM START IS MARRED BY A MILD HAMSTRING INJURY?? UNBELIEVABLE, EVEN BY THEIR STANDARDS!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

This was pretty laughable. I imagine Hangar seeing this and having a seizure and Homefish seeing this and cutting it out and pasting it on his wall.

The best part is Contreras probably won't miss a start or head to the DL. More completely unbiased coverage from the Cubune.

gobears1987
04-24-2005, 11:43 AM
This was pretty laughable. I imagine Hangar seeing this and having a seizure and Homefish seeing this and cutting it out and pasting it on his wall.

The best part is Contreras probably won't miss a start or head to the DL. More completely unbiased coverage from the Cubune.

Even if he were to miss a single start, WE HAVE BMAC! Now, I'd of course rather have the experienced and deadly Contreras pitching, but I'm not worried if one of our fab 5 goes down.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-24-2005, 12:18 PM

:rolling:

Unregistered
04-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Can he please talk to Jermaine Dye? A lot, preferably. Like every other hour of the day. :smile:Maybe they should share a room at the hotel. Frank can just whisper "stop being terrible" over and over while Dye sleeps...:D:

Unregistered
04-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Even if he were to miss a single start, WE HAVE BMAC! Now, I'd of course rather have the experienced and deadly Contreras pitching, but I'm not worried if one of our fab 5 goes down.I almost wish Mccarthy would come up and get rocked, just so people can stop getting all excited at the prospect of one of our starters going down. Almost.

batmanZoSo
04-24-2005, 12:31 PM
I almost wish Mccarthy would come up and get rocked, just so people can stop getting all excited at the prospect of one of our starters going down. Almost.

How anyone could be excited over that possibility, given our history, just boggles my mind.

RKMeibalane
04-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Maybe they should share a room at the hotel. Frank can just whisper "stop being terrible" over and over while Dye sleeps...:D:

That's a good idea. Frank needs to be sure to record his voice, so that Jermaine can listen to him once Frank starts his rehabilitation assignment.

bigfoot
04-24-2005, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=Fake Chet Lemon]Speaking of that, DID YOU SEE THE SUNDAY TRIBUNE TODAY? The Sox headline was (this is no joke!) :

Cubune Headlines Tomorrow:
Cubs Streak to another Win

Bulls Win

Bears Pick More Winners

Royals give Sox a Gift. KC losing streak at 3

Who cares what the media says, Just Win Baby!