PDA

View Full Version : Ddditbof!

BaseballTonyght
04-24-2005, 03:58 AM
I'm sure a veteran like Jermaine Dye is going to come around and break out of this funk. However, why not take some of the pressure off of him and drop him down a few spots in the batting order until he finds his groove? There are a couple of .300+ hitters currently occupying the 7 and 9 holes that might be able to get our offense clicking.

And yes, yes... I'm sure Ozzie doesn't want to damage Dye's confidence any more than it already is... and I know we've been winning with the lineup as it is... but enough is enough, Dye looks completely lost at the plate and has been killing more rallies than I can stomach.

We here at the Drop Dye Down In The Batting Order Foundation (DDDITBOF) need your support!

beckett21
04-24-2005, 01:26 PM
The TEAM is currently 14-4.

The current formula seems to be working just fine. When it stops working, let's worry then. :smile:

Oh, and :welcome:

Fake Chet Lemon
04-24-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm sure a veteran like Jermaine Dye is going to come around and break out of this funk. However, why not take some of the pressure off of him and drop him down a few spots in the batting order until he finds his groove? There are a couple of .300+ hitters currently occupying the 7 and 9 holes that might be able to get our offense clicking.

And yes, yes... I'm sure Ozzie doesn't want to damage Dye's confidence any more than it already is... and I know we've been winning with the lineup as it is... but enough is enough, Dye looks completely lost at the plate and has been killing more rallies than I can stomach.

We here at the Drop Dye Down In The Batting Order Foundation (DDDITBOF) need your support!

And why put him in that very tough situation Sunday pinch-hitting, especially with Iguchi on the bench? Let the guy ease out of it if you can, put him in positions he is likely to succeed. Iguchi was the guy for that moment.

balke
04-24-2005, 10:05 PM
After last season, and as much as I whined and cried about the "Pick a name out of the hat" lineups we had... I like that Guillen has kept his lineup solid. If you replace the 2B, you hit 2nd. If you are the DH, you hit 3rd etc.

Theoretically, Uribe could be moved up to Dye's spot, but if it ain't broke don't fix it I say. The lineup has been a marked improvement this season. Dye should stay where he is for the simple fact: if he does go on a hot streak (which he is due for) that's where we want him.

batmanZoSo
04-24-2005, 10:10 PM
After last season, and as much as I whined and cried about the "Pick a name out of the hat" lineups we had... I like that Guillen has kept his lineup solid. If you replace the 2B, you hit 2nd. If you are the DH, you hit 3rd etc.

Theoretically, Uribe could be moved up to Dye's spot, but if it ain't broke don't fix it I say. The lineup has been a marked improvement this season. Dye should stay where he is for the simple fact: if he does go on a hot streak (which he is due for) that's where we want him.

Why do I keep hearing this? It is broke, so fix it. Dye, that is. He's pathetic right now. I don't make a big deal about it, but when a problem is this glaring, you make a simple switch.

balke
04-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Why do I keep hearing this? It is broke, so fix it. Dye, that is. He's pathetic right now. I don't make a big deal about it, but when a problem is this glaring, you make a simple switch.

Uribe's been really productive out of the 9 spot, for whatever reason. Crede has been productive where he is. We score runs all through our lineup, and Dye will catch on at some point. I'd rather just leave it for now. Its rare that a player just drops off the planet (*cough*PK*cough*) for a season. If Crede keeps hitting like he is, maybe he gets stranded because Uribe isn't there.

Ain't broke = we are winning and scoring runs. 12th in the league. So right now its not the #1 priority to run back to a "Manuelesque" lineup. No more gut feelings, you made a choice, and for now you stick with it.

batmanZoSo
04-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Uribe's been really productive out of the 9 spot, for whatever reason. Crede has been productive where he is. We score runs all through our lineup, and Dye will catch on at some point. I'd rather just leave it for now. Its rare that a player just drops off the planet (*cough*PK*cough*) for a season. If Crede keeps hitting like he is, maybe he gets stranded because Uribe isn't there.

Ain't broke = we are winning and scoring runs. 12th in the league. So right now its not the #1 priority to run back to a "Manuelesque" lineup. No more gut feelings, you made a choice, and for now you stick with it.

It's not Manuelesque to move one player. He would never be smart enough to recognize the need for a move, but I digress. Twelfth in the league isn't very good, in fact it's pretty bad. What is wrong with maximizing your chance to win? We have most of our guys hitting well enough and one guy who can't hit the broad side of a barn in the middle of the order, which is supposed to be your wheelhouse. This isn't Frank Thomas or Babe Ruth, either, so why be so hesistant to move him? He's also an aging veteran who's had plenty of injuries, so maybe he is a 7 hitter at this point. Just a thought there.