PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Kaufman Stadium

Dub25
04-23-2005, 08:16 PM
I apoligize if this should have gone in the parking lot. This is for people who have been to the home of the Royals. At the start of tonight's game I saw a beer vendor with a Bud Light tub. By tub I mean the mechinism they use to carry "The Beer". Then later in the game I saw a vendor with a Miller Lite tub. Do they serve both Bud and Miller? That would be quite odd if they did. And yes I do notice the Budweiser sign behind home plate. Also, I do understand that if you are in a luxuary suite you can generally get Miller or Bud. At the Allstate Arena you can get both in a suite but not in the regular seats. But I have never seen both served in the seats.

Kansas City is supposed to be the home of good BBQ. How is Kaufman's food? Do they have a lot of BBQ and is it good? If so or if not how is the BBQ outside the park? Any answers would be greatly appreciated as I have always wanted to attend a Royals-Sox game in KC.

One last question, U.S. Comiskular takes a beating about a steep upper deck. On TV Kaufman's upper tank looks very steep. Can anyone verify this?

Viva Medias B's
04-23-2005, 08:30 PM
There are some sports venues that sell both A-B and Miller products. The United Center is one. Also, you can get A-B products at USCF in the Bullpen Sports Bar.

Dub25
04-23-2005, 08:52 PM
There are some sports venues that sell both A-B and Miller products. The United Center is one. Also, you can get A-B products at USCF in the Bullpen Sports Bar.

True. The specialty places like a suite or a bar in a stadium will have them. But I meant in the actual seating area.

chidavid18
04-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Miller Budwiser and Coolers.

munchman33
04-23-2005, 09:12 PM
I apoligize if this should have gone in the parking lot. This is for people who have been to the home of the Royals. At the start of tonight's game I saw a beer vendor with a Bud Light tub. By tub I mean the mechinism they use to carry "The Beer". Then later in the game I saw a vendor with a Miller Lite tub. Do they serve both Bud and Miller? That would be quite odd if they did. And yes I do notice the Budweiser sign behind home plate. Also, I do understand that if you are in a luxuary suite you can generally get Miller or Bud. At the Allstate Arena you can get both in a suite but not in the regular seats. But I have never seen both served in the seats.

Kansas City is supposed to be the home of good BBQ. How is Kaufman's food? Do they have a lot of BBQ and is it good? If so or if not how is the BBQ outside the park? Any answers would be greatly appreciated as I have always wanted to attend a Royals-Sox game in KC.

One last question, U.S. Comiskular takes a beating about a steep upper deck. On TV Kaufman's upper tank looks very steep. Can anyone verify this?

They do sell both Bud and Miller.

The food is not up to par with most MLB ballparks.

The upper deck there is way worse than ours.

I want Mags back
04-24-2005, 12:55 PM
The United Center is one. Also, you can get A-B products at USCF in the Bullpen Sports Bar.

Really. I thought they stop A-B there, now that Miller is an official sponsor of the Bulls and Hawks

D. TODD
04-24-2005, 01:54 PM

One last question, U.S. Comiskular takes a beating about a steep upper deck. On TV Kaufman's upper tank looks very steep. Can anyone verify this? Went to the final two games at K.C. a couple of years ago. The first game we sat in the upper tank behind the plate and it was steeper then the cell by far in my opinion, even before the remodeling. The food was sparse, long lines and a small selection in my opinion. But then again I'm spoiled with the Cell's food selection.

itsnotrequired
04-24-2005, 09:59 PM
The first game we sat in the upper tank behind the plate and it was steeper then the cell by far in my opinion, even before the remodeling.

That thing looks really steep on TV. I can only imagine it in person.

Parrothead
04-24-2005, 10:15 PM

I was there about 10 years ago and the food was great and the park was great. The upper deck was not the bad for me. By definition, upper decks in new stadiums are bad. I could go further in detail but I won't.....To me Kauffman is the best in the Majors.

MiamiSpartan
04-25-2005, 06:47 AM
I attended a lot of games there in 80-82 when I attended KU. Food was nothing special, and their upper deck is much higher than Sox Park. Overall, tho, it is a nice place to watch games.

The Racehorse
04-25-2005, 09:59 AM
I had season tickets there last season... it's a great place to watch a ball game, imo. And the food is top notch, especially the Sheboygan sausage and Gates BBQ.

Niagara
04-25-2005, 10:14 AM
The food at the K is nothing special - snot cheese nachos, hot dogs, etc. The food at Arrowhead is better. The upper deck is really steep. The last time I went there, Boulevard Brewery, a local outfit, had vendors with scuba-like tanks of draft on their backs - that we the best.:gulp:

If you want Barbeque, go by Arthur Bryan's on Brooklyn Avenue.

The Racehorse
04-25-2005, 10:21 AM
If you want Barbeque, go by Arthur Bryan's on Brooklyn Avenue.

I did... it's good. :wink:

skobabe8
04-26-2005, 04:43 PM
They do sell both Bud and Miller.

The food is not up to par with most MLB ballparks.

The upper deck there is way worse than ours.

I was there with Converted on sunday, and all of these statements are correct. There are vendors that have both Bud and Miller in the seating bowl. The food sucks. The hotdogs looked like bologna rolls. I didnt try the Gates BBQ because they only had 4 choices (from what I saw)--ham, beef, pork, or sausage sandwich, and each were around $6.75. The UD is egg-normous, and the concourse below the stands is just depressing. Basically, everything you see on TV makes the place look cool (and the field/waterfalls are really cool), but being there is kind of a letdown. Also....THEY HAVE TROUGHS!!!

Hangar18
04-26-2005, 04:56 PM
YES! They have a Boulevard Beer stand, on the 3b Side almost behind
home plate on the Main Concourse. They have 2 concourses, one all
the way at the top that traverses the stadium, and the other is underneath
the stands, they seem to keep all the bathrooms and beer/food stuff
down there. That beer tasted extra good and was extra cold.
yum. Hilite of visiting Kauffmann

Niagara
04-27-2005, 10:48 AM
I prefer to go see the T-Bones (Northern league). Their new stadium on the Kansas side is small and very nice, right near the NASCAR track off I-70. Plus, they charge minor league proces for minor league ball, unlike the Royals, who charge major league prices for minor league ball.