PDA

View Full Version : Jaret Wright creamed by Texas ( possibly hurt )

Fenway
04-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Texas simply took batting practice off Wright Saturday at The Stadium.

He then left the mound clutching his arm as he was booed LOUDLY by the Yankee faithful

J Wright (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5839)5.1 11 6 4 1 3 3 95-57 9.15

Yankees starting rotation is not in good shape at all.

SoxxoS
04-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Good...we will give them back Hernandez or Contreras for...wait a minute...I don't want any freakin yankees. :bandance:

Seriously. Maybe Mariano...but he looks like he is beginning to lose it.

samram
04-23-2005, 03:27 PM

He then left the mound clutching his arm as he was booed LOUDLY by the Yankee faithful

J Wright (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5839)5.1 11 6 4 1 3 3 95-57 9.15

It really isn't. Now, I'm not saying they won't turn this around, but I'm starting to think that it's possible they just won't. It's possible that Jaret Wright is bad, Pavano won't be great, and who's to say Kevin Brown will be any good?

beckett21
04-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Hopefully he's not hurt, but I can't say I didn't see this coming.

I've always liked Wright, even when he was with the Tribe. What he did last season was nothing short of miraculous.

Not to mention, Leo Mazzone >>>Mel Stottlemyre.

I am so glad the Sox did not sign him. Like I said, I hope he is okay. But I wouldn't doubt that his career is in jeopardy. That shoulder cannot be in good shape. Krazyglue and rubberbands are probably what's keeping his arm attached to his body.

At least he got a boatload of George's money first! Nice move Cashman!

beckett21
04-23-2005, 03:34 PM
It really isn't. Now, I'm not saying they won't turn this around, but I'm starting to think that it's possible they just won't. It's possible that Jaret Wright is bad, Pavano won't be great, and who's to say Kevin Brown will be any good?

Jaret Wright = bad

Carl Pavano = career year in 2004

Kevin Brown = done

Mel Stottlemyre = worst pitching coach in baseball.

This may be premature.....we'll see...:unsure:

santo=dorf
04-23-2005, 03:37 PM
That's too bad. I thought he might have turned it around in Atlanta last year and he didn't allow many homers last season which is why I wouldve liked the Sox to sign him. He also failed his first physical, but the Yanks swore he was healthy after he passed another one a few days later.

samram
04-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Jaret Wright = bad

Carl Pavano = career year in 2004

Kevin Brown = done

Mel Stottlemyre = worst pitching coach in baseball.

This may be premature.....we'll see...:unsure:

Hopefully not though. By the way, why is Stottlemyre their pitching coach? Is he just one of Torre's buddies or something? No one seems to get any better when they get there. I don't get it.

beckett21
04-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Hopefully not though. By the way, why is Stottlemyre their pitching coach? Is he just one of Torre's buddies or something? No one seems to get any better when they get there. I don't get it.

Not only do they not get any better, but they seem to get exponentially worse.

Doesn't make any sense to me either. :dunno:

Fenway
04-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Dame Edna on the pre game show was saying Mel Stottlemyre and Posada think the problem with Brown is mechanics but Brown doesn't think so. But given the events of last fall and his recent starts in the Bronx, I simply can't see Brown staying in New York much longer because Yankees fans are ready to string him up from the facade.

Already we are hearing from the NY tabloids that Roger will be back in NY as soon as Houston falls out of contention.

Something will happen in the Bronx sooner than later. The Mets are finally getting equal time on the back page and that alone maybe enough to send Mt Steinbrenner over the edge.

beckett21
04-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Dame Edna on the pre game show was saying Mel Stottlemyre and Posada think the problem with Brown is mechanics but Brown doesn't think so. But given the events of last fall and his recent starts in the Bronx, I simply can't see Brown staying in New York much longer because Yankees fans are ready to string him up from the facade.

Already we are hearing from the NY tabloids that Roger will be back in NY as soon as Houston falls out of contention.

Something will happen in the Bronx sooner than later. The Mets are finally getting equal time on the back page and that alone maybe enough to send Mt Steinbrenner over the edge.

Typical how they seem to think they can just snap their fingers and get anyone they want. :rolleyes:

After what Roger did to them, how pathetic that they would even want him back. Talk about embarassing...I guess King George's bloodlust for winning supercedes his pride.

I wouldn't count on Houston dropping out either.

Fenway
04-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Needless to say the board at nyyfans.com is going nuts. They now seem to think the next savior is

Chien-Ming Wang

http://ism.infinityprosports.com/Uploads/144/PlayerManager/1081.jpeg.300.jpeg

http://http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=81981

his career stats
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/chien-ming_wang.shtml

SoxFan76
04-23-2005, 04:31 PM
heh heh, Wang, heh heh

samram
04-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Needless to say the board at nyyfans.com is going nuts. They now seem to think the next savior is

Chien-Ming Wang

Yeah, I don't think a rookie pitcher is going to act the savior for the Yankees. That place is tough enough to succeed in anyway.

Fenway
04-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I don't think a rookie pitcher is going to act the savior for the Yankees. That place is tough enough to succeed in anyway.

Cashman said on YES Wright going to the DL and it will either be Wang or Colter Bean.

After losing 2 at home to Texas the pressure will be on the unit tomorrow.

Baby Fisk
04-23-2005, 05:28 PM

See now, I luv when you start threads like these, fenway. WHOOP! :bandance:

Ol' No. 2
04-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Meanwhile, Chan Ho Park is pitching pretty well.

2-1, 4.24 ERA

:thud:

spiffie
04-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Typical how they seem to think they can just snap their fingers and get anyone they want. :rolleyes:

After what Roger did to them, how pathetic that they would even want him back. Talk about embarassing...I guess King George's bloodlust for winning supercedes his pride.

I wouldn't count on Houston dropping out either.

Well they generally always do snap their fingers and get who they want. If in late May or early June they are still having troubles with the rotation does anyone believe they won't swoop in and get someone? Maybe if Philly doesn't improve they go back after Lieber? Or maybe they take Santana off Minnesota's hands.

infohawk
04-25-2005, 09:38 AM
I am so glad the Sox did not sign him. Like I said, I hope he is okay. But I wouldn't doubt that his career is in jeopardy. That shoulder cannot be in good shape. Krazyglue and rubberbands are probably what's keeping his arm attached to his body.

There is a growing list of players the Sox were either going to acquire or were rumored to be interested in over the past couple of years that I'm glad they didn't get.

Jaret Wright (injury risk)
Sidney Ponson (bad attitude/not that good)
Byung-Hyun Kim (possibly washed up)
Nomar Garciappara (injury prone)
Andrew Jones (expensive/early performance)
Javier Vazquez (early performance)

Any other names I might be missing?

zach23
04-25-2005, 11:09 AM
There is a growing list of players the Sox were either going to acquire or were rumored to be interested in over the past couple of years that I'm glad they didn't get.

Jaret Wright (injury risk)
Sidney Ponson (bad attitude/not that good)
Byung-Hyun Kim (possibly washed up)
Nomar Garciappara (injury prone)
Andrew Jones (expensive/early performance)
Javier Vazquez (early performance)

Any other names I might be missing?

If they weren't so cheap and KW wasn't so dumb they would have all those guys and still have Maggs.
Just think where they would be then.