PDA

View Full Version : How're your preseason projections looking now thread?

Jerome
04-23-2005, 12:17 AM
The only reason why I'm not enjoying this amazing run as much as i should is because i, at the beginning of the year, predicted us to finish at a solid 82-86 wins, with KW facing more criticisms than ever, etc..

I am honestly sad because I don't get to tell all of the haters to eat crow like so many of the other fans around here. So to all you optimistic fans at the beginning of the year, i would just like to say congratulations for not buying into the media BS at the beginning of the year like i did in your predictions.

The bullpen is as good as i tought it would be, but the offense and starting pitching has far, far exceeded my expectations.

KEEP IT UP! I can't wait to see the end of the year baseball tonite if we run away with the division. By then everyone will be on the bandwagon. HAHA.

itsnotrequired
04-23-2005, 12:20 AM
The only reason why I'm not enjoying this amazing run as much as i should is because i, at the beginning of the year, predicted us to finish at a solid 82-86 wins, with KW facing more criticisms than ever, etc..

I am honestly sad because I don't get to tell all of the haters to eat crow like so many of the other fans around here. So to all you optimistic fans at the beginning of the year, i would just like to say congratulations for not buying into the media BS at the beginning of the year like i did in your predictions.

The bullpen is as good as i tought it would be, but the offense and starting pitching has far, far exceeded my expectations.

KEEP IT UP! I can't wait to see the end of the year baseball tonite if we run away with the division. By then everyone will be on the bandwagon. HAHA.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! This team on paper looked pretty good. Now they are performing.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-23-2005, 12:41 AM
I had 90+ wins and a WS championship. Although, it should be known that I ALWAYS predict that they'll win the WS in the predictions thread. I can't imagine watching the White Sox every game each season if I didn't think they were going to go all the way.

chisoxfanatic
04-23-2005, 01:13 AM
I had 90+ wins and a WS championship. Although, it should be known that I ALWAYS predict that they'll win the WS in the predictions thread. I can't imagine watching the White Sox every game each season if I didn't think they were going to go all the way.

That about describes me as well...Until proven impossible, I like to think the highest thoughts regarding the Palehose.

I had them winning the division by the middle of September...

Nellie_Fox
04-23-2005, 01:56 AM
I can't imagine watching the White Sox every game each season if I didn't think they were going to go all the way.Wow, really? I watch every game that I can (not as many now that I live in Minnesota as when I lived in the Chicago area) and I pretty much never expect them to go all the way. After 50+ years of being a Sox fan, I've just come to expect disappointment. My first reaction to Baseball Tonight talking about the Sox 12-4 start being their best since 1935 was "yeah, and they didn't win the pennant in 1935." Now they're 13-4, and I'm enjoying it, but remaining realistic.

I certainly hope they do, but that's not the same as thinking they will.

AJPosguchi
04-23-2005, 02:07 AM
Predicted 89 wins, Division champs losing in ALDS in 6. Should have been a little more optimistic.

batmanZoSo
04-23-2005, 02:11 AM
I didn't make any predictions but I felt this team was put together well before the season started and I'm not surprised we're in first. I'm definitely surprised we're 13-4, but I never had too much doubt. Knowing we finally got 5 starters and a good bullpen, plus some speed, I figured we'd be built for good consistent baseball.

soxinthecity
04-23-2005, 08:05 AM
never really predicted wins, but i did think they were gonna start off hot and never look back.

The Racehorse
04-23-2005, 08:30 AM
I predicted 101 wins and a WS title... so far so good.

I also predicted [via my season PTC] that Hermanson would be key... and while our starters have been outstanding so far [knock on wood], Hermanson is like a stonewall everytime he comes into a game [knock on wood, again].

other predictions;
80 SB's from Pods... he's on pace for 136. :redneck
dual 21 game winners from Buehrle & Garcia... [too lazy to project, but] so far so good.

So far so good.

voodoochile
04-23-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm like 1337. I always predict a title, because I refuse to do otherwise for superstitious reasons. Still, I am absolutely tickled pink that this team is playing as well as it is.

Oh and if you want to check out who predicted what?

Here You Go (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46940)

TheBull19
04-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Oh and if you want to check out who predicted what?

Here You Go (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46940)

Wow JRIG predicts 77 wins - shame on you, JRIG!

MRKARNO
04-23-2005, 11:03 PM
My 85/86 win prediction aint looking too good right now.:D:

Shoeless Joe
04-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Looks like I got them at 93 wins but winning the wildcard. So far so good. Only they may not even have to look at the wildcard standings the way they're playing. And my prediction of Garland leading the team in losses is not looking good in fact he's leading the team in wins! Great start by Garland.

PAPChiSox729
04-23-2005, 11:16 PM
I can't exactely remember what I picked, but it was around 91 wins. At this rate I will be 35 games off... 126 wins anyone??

:tongue:

fquaye149
04-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Wow JRIG predicts 77 wins - shame on you, JRIG!

Of course here's where all the naysayers come out and say "i'm glad to be proven wrong" (except for some who secretly aren't)

nothing wrong with that I guess, but it must be nice to have such a no-lose situation...like switzerland or something. or the french.

gosox41
04-24-2005, 09:07 AM

I think I had 86 wins. And I hope it's a lot higher.

But there's a lot of baseball left. Something tells me the Sox won't be winning at this pace all year.:D:

But I do hope the shatter the 86 victories I predicted.

Bob