PDA

View Full Version : Props to Cliff

SouthSide4Life
04-22-2005, 11:30 PM
i thought cliff did a good job tonight. this can go along with the more playing time thread, but seriously, he should get more playing time.

itsnotrequired
04-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Agreed. He looked awesome tonight.

Man, I love the pitching staff this year. Starters, bullpen, whaterever...good stuff.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:02 AM
I've resorted to Cliff notes in the past...

Lets hope Cliff notes comes through in the future...

elrod
04-23-2005, 12:49 AM
He was dominating. I'd like to see him get some more late-inning work.

IowaSox1971
04-23-2005, 02:44 AM
I think he's fine where he is. Sometimes he tenses up in the late innings of close games.

doublem23
04-23-2005, 06:04 AM
A very good feeling to know that there's a plethora of solid arms in the 'pen. Hermanson, Marte, Politte, and Vizcaino have all been incredible thus far (save Luis's 60+ pitch nightmare against Cleveland). Shingo has been down, but it's been very comforting thus far that the arms are there (and then some) to get him through this rough patch. If Shingo regains the form he displayed about a month into the year last year... Yikes. This bullpen is light's out.

soxinthecity
04-23-2005, 08:12 AM
agree on the solid arms in the pen, and just like all good teams when one guy is strugglin' a bit (Shingo) others are there to pick him up till he gets back in the groove.

hose
04-23-2005, 09:11 AM
A very good feeling to know that there's a plethora of solid arms in the 'pen. Hermanson, Marte, Politte, and Vizcaino have all been incredible thus far (save Luis's 60+ pitch nightmare against Cleveland). Shingo has been down, but it's been very comforting thus far that the arms are there (and then some) to get him through this rough patch. If Shingo regains the form he displayed about a month into the year last year... Yikes. This bullpen is light's out.

To have Politte as you're fifth option down in the pen really shows how solid the Sox relief pitching is.

gobears1987
04-23-2005, 09:13 AM
To have Politte as you're fifth option down in the pen really shows how solid the Sox relief pitching is.
Can you imagine what will happen when Cotts comes around!!! I'm sure he will, he's a young pitcher and I'd love to see him suceed.

Realist
04-23-2005, 09:23 AM
I've been a big fan of Cliff's since he sighned with the Sox. I hope he continues his righteous ways and I'd love to see a big gold ring on his finger this coming winter.

Please pardon the spelling and grammatical errors. Mr. Jameson held me after class for "More studying".

hose
04-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Can you imagine what will happen when Cotts comes around!!! I'm sure he will, he's a young pitcher and I'd love to see him suceed.

What a luxury the Sox have in Cotts. They can really build him up for the future at the rate the team seems fit.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-23-2005, 04:19 PM
If Cliff were on the Cubs he'd be their closer, and of course a folk-hero in this town. Have you ever seen a bullpen with 5 closers? Way to go Kenny!

Soxzilla
04-23-2005, 05:12 PM
You know what this bullpen is... a playoff bullpen.

There is no way you can argue it.

MrRoboto83
04-24-2005, 12:06 AM

esp when Shingo throws the nasty fizzbees, after facing a bunch of fame throwers, it makes Shingo that more effective

PAPChiSox729
04-24-2005, 12:25 AM
esp when Shingo throws the nasty fizzbees, after facing a bunch of fame throwers, it makes Shingo that more effective

Once Shingo finds his control, our bullpen is going to be awesome. Heat from Politte, Hermanson, Vizcaino, Marte, and even Cotts. And then the super-slow stuff from Shingo. It is going to be an awesome year!