http://www.lastchanceminiatures.com/mares/comet.jpg
3 hits today for Ol' Comet.

Corlose 15
04-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Dodgers are losing 9-1 in the 8th.

PAPChiSox729
Best record in the majors?

Here's to hoping that this lasts throughout the rest of the regular season and through the postseason!
:gulp:

MushMouth
I'm a bit worried that the >Comet> knickname is here to stay!

those are my own flourishes btw

Erik The Red
Barring a big comeback by the Dodgers, yes.

BTW, Kelly Wunsch is on the bump for LA right now. Tiny would be proud :D:

HomeFish
The curse of Jose Paniagua has been broken.

Since the Jose Paniagua incident, the Sox have never been up an integer value of greater than two. No more.

gosox3072
04-22-2005, 10:52 PM

'nuff said!

Its the weekend too, lets celebrate this!:gulp:

Cowch44
I can't believe my eyes when I see Crede batting .328:o:

MushMouth
3 hits today for Ol' Comet.

Seriously man, we can't use that picture

:roflmao:

Flight #24

Since the Jose Paniagua incident, the Sox have never been up an integer value of greater than two. No more.

Well, they've still never been >3 up.....until tomorrow!

BearSox
I'm a bit worried that the >Comet> knickname is here to stay!

those are my own flourishes btw

Who started this nickname?

Corlose 15
04-22-2005, 10:53 PM

Jose is flipping you the bird somewhere.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-22-2005, 10:54 PM

Joe knows: Hitting Streak

*Please somebody kill this thing...I hate "The Comet" name...but I haven't had the heart as this pic of "The Comet" is just too funny...perhaps I'll sober up and start a revolution tomorrow...but as for now....

SOX WIN!!!!!:gulp: :gulp:

Unregistered
04-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Seriously man, we can't use that picture

:roflmao:LOL. As long as that lameass nickname stays, the Google Image Search of "comet" should stand as its visual aid. :D:

BearSox
04-22-2005, 10:56 PM
If only Pods first name began with the letter I, he could then have a cool nickname and a very wealthy sponsor for the White Sox to go with the nickname.. You figure it out :cool:

itsnotrequired
Have I mentioned before how much I'm feeling this team right now? Awesome. Pods with 3 stolen bases? Awesome.

halfpricemonday
Best record in the majors? How about best start ever?

If you had told me during spring training that Crede would be hitting within 40 points of Ichiro, I would have taken your car keys and called you a cab home. Keep it up, Comet!

Great to see the Sox winning the games they're supposed to win and keeping the pressure on, even with a 3-4 run lead. I don't want to see this ballclub finish barely over .500 against the dregs of the division again.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-22-2005, 10:57 PM
If only Pods first name began with the letter I, we could then have a could name and a very wealthy sponsor for the hite Sox to go with the nickname.. You figure it out :cool:

I like ScoPo...it reminds me of some long nights laying on the cold porcelain tile of my bathroom....

Fake Chet Lemon
04-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Our #3 and #4 hitters are struggling in key situations, and yet we keep ROLLING. What a team, imagine this team once Dye and Rowand get rolling, and then we add Frank to the mix? I need to be pinched.

Unregistered
04-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Who started this nickname? As was mentioned repeatedly in the Gameday thread, on MJ&H today, some girl who went to the same high school as Crede (in Missouri) said that their school's team name was "The Comets," therefore that should be Crede's nickname. She said she thought it fit because "he's like a shooting star."

Needless to say, they were less than impressed.

Now it's taken on a (likely short-lived) life of its own here...

BearSox
04-22-2005, 10:59 PM
I like ScoPo...it reminds me of some long nights laying on the cold porcelain tile of my bathroom....

Thats a good one, but not what I was thinking with his first name starting with an I

Cowch44
Baseball tonight just told me that the Sox have led in all 17 games, topping their streak of 16 set in 1901.:D:

Flight #24

Joe knows: Hitting Streak

*Please somebody kill this thing...I hate "The Comet" name...but I haven't had the heart as this pic of "The Comet" is just too funny...perhaps I'll sober up and start a revolution tomorrow...but as for now....

SOX WIN!!!!!:gulp: :gulp:

The good thing about this is if he ends up sucking, you just replace the image and voila! Comet the horse becomes.....

http://www.alpo.com/images/home/square_canned_without_gravy_on.gif (http://www.alpo.com/category.aspx?type_id=2)

Ol' No. 2
As was mentioned repeatedly in the Gameday thread, on MJ&H today, some girl who went to the same high school as Crede (in Missouri) said that their school's team name was "The Comets," therefore that should be Crede's nickname. She said she thought it fit because "he's like a shooting star."

Needless to say, they were less than impressed.

Now it's taken on a (likely short-lived) life of its own here...No way. This one's got legs. I bet it sticks.

santo=dorf
04-22-2005, 11:00 PM
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/bschalle/www/Baseball%20pics/sPOD.gif
Interesting stat on BBTN, the Sox have held the lead in all 17 games this season. That snaps the franchise record of 16 straight set back in 1901. So we should really be 17-0!!!!:whiner: :angry:

nordhagen
And who says we can't draw walks - got seven of them tonight.

Pods is making it happen. Getting on, putting pressure on.

FarWestChicago
Our #3 and #4 hitters are struggling in key situations, and yet we keep ROLLING. What a team, imagine this team once Dye and Rowand get rolling, and then we add Frank to the mix? I need to be pinched.No, you need to have Ozzie go off on you. You are totally annoying. Shut the hell up!!

Unregistered
imagine this team once Dye gets rolling... Sure, just get me the plans for the time machine so we can go back to the year 2000. :D::?::(:

Flight #24
04-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Interesting stat on BBTN, the Sox have held the lead in all 17 games this season. That snaps the franchise record of 16 straight set back in 1901. So we should really be 17-0!!!!:whiner: :angry:

they saying anything else about us? Finally beginning to believe?

delben91
04-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Thats a good one, but not what I was thinking with his first name starting with an I

iPod I venture.

Great game by the Sox, got to love that 3 game lead.

Freddy threw well, and the tops and bottom of the order produced big time. I'm loving what I'm seeing from Crede, and Scott was amazing today too. 3 steals in a game? When's the last time the Sox did that as a team, let alone from one player before this year?

GO SOX!!!

EDIT: Oh, and I love the "comet" nickname, I agree with ol' #2, that one has legs.

HomeFish
04-22-2005, 11:02 PM
I say we all call up the post-game show and casually refer to Crede as The Comet in our comments.

Sox Army, anyone?

BearSox

There you go!!! We should get Apple to sponsor the Sox now :D:

FarWestChicago
Sure, just get me the plans for the time machine so we can go back to the year 2000. :D::?::(:You need to shut the hell up, too.

jake27
o man we HAVE to keep "the comet" nickname and the picture. the picture just makes it even beter. im sure joe wouldnt mind.

Unregistered
04-22-2005, 11:04 PM
You need to shut the hell up, too.:?::dunno:

WikdChiSoxFan
04-22-2005, 11:04 PM

If this was me I think I would mind!!! Well. when my hitting streak ended anyway...

SOX ADDICT '73
04-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Baseball tonight just told me that the Sox have led in all 17 games, topping their streak of 16 set in 1901.:D:
I don't want to rain on the parade, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

The Sox were up 5-4 against Cleveland on 4/14, only to see Victor Martinez homer, and Cotts get smoked for three more runs later.

halfpricemonday
Matching the best start in franchise history and breaking another team record about leading games played...

vs. a rainout

Any bets on what will lead the Cubune tomorrow?

Mark Buehrle
Crede was 3-4 but got no RBIs. Shame :mad:

SoxFan48
04-22-2005, 11:07 PM
And who says we can't draw walks - got seven of them tonight.

Pods is making it happen. Getting on, putting pressure on.

12 hits, 7 walks, 19 of 47 on base...that is winning offense.

WikdChiSoxFan

The Sox were up 5-4 against Cleveland on 4/14, only to see Victor Martinez homer, and Cotts get smoked for three more runs later.

:?: Uh...are you sure you read what you typed?

HebrewHammer
Matching the best start in franchise history and breaking another team record about leading games played...

vs. a rainout

The weather report.

nordhagen
04-22-2005, 11:08 PM
iPod I venture.

Great game by the Sox, got to love that 3 game lead.

Freddy threw well, and the tops and bottom of the order produced big time. I'm loving what I'm seeing from Crede, and Scott was amazing today too. 3 steals in a game? When's the last time the Sox did that as a team, let alone from one player before this year?

GO SOX!!!

EDIT: Oh, and I love the "comet" nickname, I agree with ol' #2, that one has legs.

"I love to watch Willie run" Harris stole 3 bases in Sept. 2002 - also against the Royals.

halfpricemonday
04-22-2005, 11:08 PM

So, the Sox were up by a run. Wouldn't that mean they were leading in that game? I think the record (FWIW) means they've never fell behind without ever taking a lead at some point in the game, win or loss notwithstanding.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-22-2005, 11:09 PM

vs. a rainout

"Rain to much for the Mighty Cubs!!!" or "Cubs don't Lose!!!"

and in the corner..."I think the Sox won..er somethin...did we send a reporter to the game...eh whatever...look it up on the net"

Lip Man 1
04-22-2005, 11:12 PM
All I can say is, if this is a dream don't wake me up.

Lip

SOX ADDICT '73
04-22-2005, 11:13 PM
So, the Sox were up by a run. Wouldn't that mean they were leading in that game? I think the record (FWIW) means they've never fell behind without ever taking a lead at some point in the game, win or loss notwithstanding.
I think I interpreted it wrong. When they said "Held the lead," I though they meant "Haven't surrendered the lead" (y'know as in, "held on to win?"). I see now what they meant, but it was an easy mistake to make, IMO. :redface:

kosher dog
04-22-2005, 11:13 PM
I thought they called him The Comet because he comes around every few years.:D:

Brian26
04-22-2005, 11:15 PM

Lip

Honestly, the last time I felt this way about the team was in June of 2000. Remember that streak they went on a couple of weeks AFTER the Cleveland/NY road sweep? It's like we can't lose.

13-4. Unbelievable.

WikdChiSoxFan
Umm...what's all this talk about Crede's nickname...no one has posted this yet...

:winner

oeo
And just to think two weeks ago you were all ripping on Crede. Some of us told you to give him another chance, and if he did succeed you would be a fan again, though most of you disagreed. Nice to see Crede playing so well, along with the Sox. What a start!

Brian26
I think I interpreted it wrong. When they said "Held the lead," I though they meant "Haven't surrendered the lead" (y'know as in, "held on to win?"). I see now what they meant, but it was an easy mistake to make, IMO. :redface:

I couldn't figure out what the heck they meant either. I thought it was a mistake too.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Umm...what's all this talk about Crede's nickname...no one has posted this yet...

Damn...we got served.

Ol' No. 2
04-22-2005, 11:16 PM

LipIt's what happens when you don't have these guys
http://i.cnn.net/si/images/baseball/mlb/players/3943.jpg:rauch:ritchie:bkoch::rwhite:
on your pitching staff.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-22-2005, 11:17 PM
And just to think two weeks ago you were all ripping on Crede. Some of us told you to give him another chance, and if he did succeed you would be a fan again, though most of you disagreed. Nice to see Crede playing so well, along with the Sox. What a start!

I debated making "Comeback Crede's Crew" T-shirts in december...alas I haven't had the time...perhaps after finals...

kojak
04-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Crede is on fire!

Amazing what can happen when you actually LISTEN to the guy that had the sweetest swing ever in a Sox uniform!

HomeFish
04-22-2005, 11:20 PM
I just did my part and refered to Crede as "Comet" on the postgame show...anyone else planning to do so?

MRKARNO
04-22-2005, 11:20 PM
It's what happens when you don't have these guys
:rauch:ritchie:bkoch::rwhite:
on your pitching staff.

We still have this guy though:
http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/7209.jpg

WSox8404
04-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Well I will tell you what.....I know we will go on a few losing streaks and come back to earth, but for the time being this is outstanding. I'm a car salesman in Schaumburg and I am the only Sox fan there. I am having so much fun it is nuts. The excuses for the Scrubs are already starting.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-22-2005, 11:22 PM
The only thing that could ruin my enjoyment of Crede's hot streak is having to read one after the other of these "Crede-supporter-I-told-you-so" posts.

Not "all" of us were trying to run Crede out of town on a rail, you know. Speaking for myself, I just wanted him to start hitting the way I knew he could. So, for the last time, you were right! And you know what? Every one of us is glad!!!

SouthSide4Life
04-22-2005, 11:22 PM
on your pitching staff.SO TRUE

WikdChiSoxFan
04-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Well I will tell you what.....I know we will go on a few losing streaks and come back to earth, but for the time being this is outstanding. I'm a car salesman in Schaumburg and I am the only Sox fan there. I am having so much fun it is nuts. The excuses for the Scrubs are already starting.

Do me a favor and throw on an extra 10% for all those scrubs...

.and if you got a sweet deal on a used moped...give me a call...

halfpricemonday
04-22-2005, 11:24 PM

"Held on to win" is probably a more meaningful stat anyways. For example, getting a 1st inning HR, leading 1-0 after 1, then losing 9-1 for 17 games probably isn't the best way to break a team record.

Too bad they're not 17-0. Then there'd be no confusion!

But I'd take 13-4 with a 3 game lead in a heartbeat.

kojak
At the risk of being banned for spite, IMHO this team is eerily similar to the magical Illini in that it seems like every game there is a different somebody to step up and save the day. Or in tonight's case, a whole mess of somebodys.

Maybe it is the methadone talking, but I predict that we will not lose our next game until May 8th.

FarWestChicago
The only thing that could ruin my enjoyment of Crede's hot streak is having to read one after the other of these "Crede-supporter-I-told-you-so" posts.

Not "all" of us were trying to run Crede out of town on a rail, you know. Speaking for myself, I just wanted him to start hitting the way I knew he could. So, for the last time, you were right! And you know what? Every one of us is glad!!!OK, so you were one of the .000001% around here. Tear your damn labrum patting yourself on the back. :D:

MRKARNO
04-22-2005, 11:25 PM
This is seriously amazing though. Hopefully, this is just the beginning and not the high point of the season. The amazing part is that the meat of our lineup (3-6) still isn't hitting the ball, but the team can win with the 7-2 hitters doing well now.

This could be the beginning of a storybook season; one for the ages. The AL powerhouses look like they might all be having down years this year and the White Sox look like they might be able to take advantage.

Cowch44
04-22-2005, 11:25 PM
on your pitching staff.

You forgot Mike Jackson:angry:, I HATED him.

3rdgensoxfan
04-22-2005, 11:26 PM
You know its a good night when Lip has something good to say. Being in Champaign I've had to resort to "watching" the games on the MLB Gameday. It really takes the excitement out of it at times. However, I've been very satisfied after the game is over. :smile:

SOX ADDICT '73
04-22-2005, 11:28 PM
OK, so you were one of the .000001% around here. Tear your damn labrum patting yourself on the back. :D:
West? You OK, man? You've been breakin' balls all thread long...:dunno:

Let's see...Sox win...Twins lose...Cubs washed out...what could it be?

kojak
04-22-2005, 11:29 PM

I'm thinking the washout?

kojak
04-22-2005, 11:31 PM

I know what it is. It's April 22 and it's friggin' raining!!!!

We are supposed to be done with rain until October...

beckett21
04-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Looking very good so far! :bandance:

Let's keep this streak going as long as possible. Watching these guys play is a blast.

As far as Crede is concerned, :worship: :crede

I'm officially jumping on the bandwagon, assuming there's still some room. :redneck

nordhagen
04-22-2005, 11:33 PM
"Rain to much for the Mighty Cubs!!!" or "Cubs don't Lose!!!"

and in the corner..."I think the Sox won..er somethin...did we send a reporter to the game...eh whatever...look it up on the net"

And there will be a picture of toothless dope Ronnie Woo standing in the rain with his unwashed Cubs uniform on.

MRKARNO
04-22-2005, 11:35 PM

Let's keep this streak going as long as possible. Watching these guys play is a blast.

I'm officially jumping on the bandwagon, assuming there's still some room. :redneck

You said it well.

Ol' No. 2
04-22-2005, 11:37 PM
You forgot Mike Jackson:angry:, I HATED him.[Smacks head] Absolutely correct. How could I forget the King of Pop?

Fake Chet Lemon
04-22-2005, 11:41 PM
No, you need to have Ozzie go off on you. You are totally annoying. Shut the hell up!!

You have been hostile all over this site tonight. What is your problem, OUCH?!!

FarWestChicago
04-22-2005, 11:43 PM

Let's see...Sox win...Twins lose...Cubs washed out...what could it be?I'm looking to destroy all Sox haters tonight, no matter what guise they choose...

MRKARNO
04-22-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm looking to destroy all Sox haters tonight, no matter what guise they choose...
:maggs
"What's your plan for me?"

FarWestChicago
04-22-2005, 11:46 PM
:maggs
"What's your plan for me?"There has to be something worse than banning, viruses and mailbombs for that piece of crap. :angry:

Flight #24
04-22-2005, 11:47 PM
There has to be something worse than banning, viruses and mailbombs for that piece of crap. :angry:

Easy. Subject him to an actual medical examination, including the knee....:o:

WikdChiSoxFan
04-22-2005, 11:50 PM
All right...the sig isn't entirely up to snuff...but I got to let it out for this event...

itsnotrequired
I'm looking to destroy all Sox haters tonight, no matter what guise they choose...

Agreed. This team is the hottest bread in the oven.

beckett21

:deadtrolls

:cheers:

SOX ADDICT '73
04-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Then you're going to be busy. Don't forget to replace your electrolytes:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2636

SoxWillWin
04-23-2005, 12:03 AM

vs. a rainout

Cubs Lose to Mother Nature!!!!!
(white Sox have best record in Majors, and a three game lead on the Twins)

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Hey, the Sox just posted the best starting record ever...(Right?)...we should at least get this thread a tomato, eh?

GO SOX GO!!!

gobears1987
04-23-2005, 12:07 AM
What is more amazing is we are doing this while on a road trip.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:09 AM
GO SOX GO!!!!

COMEBACK CREDE!!!!

PODS SWIPIN BASES LIKE IT'S NO TOMORROW!!!

SOX STARTER'S EATING UP INNINGS!!!!

WINS, WINS, WINS..(refer to new sig.)

SOX ADDICT '73
04-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Hey, the Sox just posted the best starting record ever...(Right?)...we should at least get this thread a tomato, eh?
I'll do my part...

And anyways, I promised to post this image every time Pods has a big game. They don't get much better than tonight!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2675

Bobbo35
04-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Cubs Lose to Mother Nature!!!!!
(white Sox have best record in Majors, and a three game lead on the Twins)

That's awesome. I wouldnt put it past the papers either.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:20 AM
All right...the second time around for the sig...but guess what....

the sox still won!!!!!

YEAH BABY!!!!

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:23 AM
SOX WON!!!!

<Post your entusiasm here>

This is a historic event...

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Uh 6 more..I'll do this myself if I have too...

My sox fanhood knows no bounds...

SOX ADDICT '73
04-23-2005, 12:26 AM
"Nomar's Groin Still Broken!"

"White Sox scrape past AAA Royals, still in first place somehow."

delben91
04-23-2005, 12:27 AM
I'll do this myself if I have too...

Haha. Have at it. I said my piece earlier in the thread, this team is playing outstanding ball right now, and what a fun wave it is to ride.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:28 AM
Although the Royals aren't the Yankees...baseball is ruled by the law of averages...therefore...we rock...

I would like to thank Jewel...they had a $5.49 deal on 12ers of bottles of Pabst...crazy right!!!!

But anyway...GO SOX GO!!!!

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:29 AM
:redneck "Nomar's Groin Still Broken!"

"White Sox scrape past AAA Royals, still in first place somehow."

Nomar's Nuts still in a Bind...

SOX ADDICT '73
04-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Uh 6 more..I'll do this myself if I have too...

My sox fanhood knows no bounds...
Just remember, Wikd, the tomato isn't awarded for the 100th post, but the 100th reply (post #101). It's all yours, man. :D:

tebman
04-23-2005, 12:32 AM
:redneck

Or is it Nomar's Bind still in the... :o:

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Hahahahhah...The Sox have the winningest record in all of baseballl....suck it ESPN,...suck WGN...uh suck it 99.99999% of america...this is the Sox's day (the original Sox)...we win...time for another:gulp:

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:34 AM
It is with great honor that I bestow upon this thread the honor of....:tomatoaward

thank you all...true white sox fans!!!

tebman
04-23-2005, 12:35 AM
It is with great honor that I bestow upon this thread the honor of....:tomatoaward

thank you all...true white sox fans!!!
Attaboy, Wikd! Nice work!

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:36 AM
I know challenge to WSI community to work toward the "Cucumber" award...posted for the bajillionth post...because after all...it is the White Sox...

:gulp:post :gulp:post :gulp:post :gulp:post :gulp: post :gulp:

SOX ADDICT '73
04-23-2005, 12:37 AM
When he comes back, will he have to wear a special "taint restraint?"

elrod
04-23-2005, 12:38 AM
I hope Contreras has his A game tomorrow because Greinke can be tough. I haven't felt this good about the White Sox in a long time. I will still wait for the Oakland series before I believe it's all for real. If we take two of three in Oakland then we are really rolling.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:40 AM
I hope Contreras has his A game tomorrow because Greinke can be tough. I haven't felt this good about the White Sox in a long time. I will still wait for the Oakland series before I believe it's all for real. If we take two of three in Oakland then we are really rolling.

Greinke...Smreinke...we rock...nuf said...

SOX ADDICT '73
04-23-2005, 12:40 AM
I don't think we've won more than two games in Oakland in the last two years combined.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:43 AM
I don't think we've won more than two games in Oakland in the last two years combined.

Yeah, this West Coast tour is gonna be a true test of character...

(I always hate our tours our there)

But you know what...the Sox Rock...nuf said...

(we're on our way to a bajilllionth post)

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:46 AM

You rock...keep posting...we'll get that cucumber yet!!!!!!

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:48 AM
You rock...keep posting...we'll get that cucumber yet!!!!!!

Dude...give it a rest....

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:52 AM

I'm patiently waiting your most inane post....

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2005, 12:53 AM
I'm patiently waiting your most inane post....

Done and done....

DickAllen72
04-23-2005, 12:59 AM
I hope Contreras has his A game tomorrow because Greinke can be tough.

Contreras usually dominates lesser opponents. He should be lights out tomorrow night against the Royals.

voodoochile
04-23-2005, 01:07 AM

:twinslose

And TorIIIIII dropped a can of corn by hotdogging it...

It just doesn't get any better than that :):supernana:

SOX ADDICT '73
04-23-2005, 01:09 AM
TorIIIIII dropped a can of corn by hotdogging it...
I saw that on SC and thought I'd imagined it! LOL!!!

elrod
04-23-2005, 01:13 AM
Contreras usually dominates lesser opponents. He should be lights out tomorrow night against the Royals.

True, and one of his best starts last year was against KC. I'm starting to wonder if it's the quality of the opponent that matters so much as his mental makeup on any given day. In the game against the Twinkies on Monday he kept getting the big out when he needed it. He didn't have good stuff but he had guts out there and induced a bunch of double plays. Of course he got himself into trouble in the first place by nibbling and over-using the splitter. Contreras really is his own worst enemy. If he goes out there and relaxes, he can dominate. I think that's what's happening with Garland this year too. With so little pressure he can just be himself out there and not worry about nibbling.

batmanZoSo
04-23-2005, 01:27 AM
Just got back from Audioslave at the Aragaon. :Rocker:

On the way in, passed a bar:gulp:, saw the Sox game on every TV through the window, saw they were up two-nothing. :Rocker:

On the way home, turned on the Score, heard the update, 8-2 Sox winner. :wired:

That was all I needed to know. (although I pretty much knew to begin with, just needed a token confirmation from the radio).

Life is good. On the other hand, I have to get up at 7 tomorrow. Eh...life is okay I guess....:(:

At any rate....:winner

Ah...I feel better already...:cool:

Shoeless Joe
04-23-2005, 01:30 AM
Elation, euphoria, joy...that's exactly what I feel right now. In 2000 I expected the White Sox to win every game and now lo and behold I feel the same way this year.

This fast start is absolutely not a fluke, with the evidence provided by the balance on offense and defense plus our dominating pitching. So I hope all White Sox fans relinquish any suspicion they may have in the back of their conscience. Ride the wave people this is going to be a fun year!

Chisox003
04-23-2005, 01:54 AM
What's even scarier about this team is the fact that our big guys havent even gotten started yet: Konerko (Kind of, 7 dingers), but Rowand and Dye have struggled...Theyre too good of hitters to keep that up

We got Crede hitting on all cylinders, plus Scotty Po changing the whole mindset and disrupting everything on the basepaths, Gooch is doing fine, AJ's coming around....

Yikes, if they start hitting all at once, side by side with this RIDICULOUS pitching....I wont even start! 13-4...........YEEEEESSS!!

kojak
04-23-2005, 02:03 AM
The entertaining part of all this is that the haters out there are just waiting for the shoe to drop.

They may see snow fall first!

Hokiesox
04-23-2005, 02:04 AM
The AL powerhouses look like they might all be having down years this year...

:?: It's April.

popilius
04-23-2005, 02:19 AM
I can't really add much to this post, but I got home late and read about the game. . . so. . . YYYYESSS!

:gulp:

elrod
04-23-2005, 02:23 AM
What's most important is who we beat. 4 out of 5 against the Twins. 11-3 against the division. 7-2 on the road. It's how we do in the tough games - at Minny, Oakland and in late May at Wrigley and Anaheim - that says how good this team is. It's also great that we haven't let up against the garbage like Detroit. Oakland is the second big test -Minnesota was the first. If we take two of three in Oakland then we are for real.

Wsoxmike59
04-23-2005, 10:24 AM

For the last two seasons I've been telling this cub fan at work (Let's call him DiVero) that Joe Crede was the NEXT SCOTT ROLEN!!

I realise that Joe has a ways to go to be compared to the great Scott Rolen, who I have a lot of respect for......but I do believe that Joe has the potential to put up some very Rolen-esque type numbers in the future....

Here's to you Joe and your .328 batting average.

And a note to you DiVero the cub fan.....Scott Rolen is batting .233

P.S. Rolen will come around and I would like nothing better than to see at this years All-Star Game (and next) Rolen down at 3B for the NL....and Joe Crede down there for the AL.

fquaye149
04-23-2005, 11:27 AM
For the last two seasons I've been telling this cub fan at work (Let's call him DiVero) that Joe Crede was the NEXT SCOTT ROLEN!!

I realise that Joe has a ways to go to be compared to the great Scott Rolen, who I have a lot of respect for......but I do believe that Joe has the potential to put up some very Rolen-esque type numbers in the future....

Here's to you Joe and your .328 batting average.

And a note to you DiVero the cub fan.....Scott Rolen is batting .233

P.S. Rolen will come around and I would like nothing better than to see at this years All-Star Game (and next) Rolen down at 3B for the NL....and Joe Crede down there for the AL.

Joe Crede is not the next Scott Rolen. I would be ecstatic if he were the next Robin Ventura. But I will be satisfied if he [stuart smalley] will just be the best joe crede he can be [/stuart smalley]

Lip Man 1
04-23-2005, 01:53 PM
More and more I'm looking forward to see what they can do in Oakland. Given the fact that (I think) they have only won two or three games there since August 2000 when they took two of three, it'll be interesting to see what they can do.

If they can take two of three there you know the worm has turned.

Lip

MIgrenade
04-23-2005, 05:19 PM
The entertaining part of all this is that the haters out there are just waiting for the shoe to drop.

They may see snow fall first!

I have bad news, it snowed today in Milwaukee. I pray that doesn't count.