PDA

View Full Version : Sox Playing Well, 100+?

bals28mjk
04-22-2005, 10:16 PM
How bout these white sox? I think this is the best team we have had in years. We got so much depth in our pitching, maybe even the best staff in the league. I know it's early but I could see the sox winning 100+ games this year...

I also want to give a shout out to scotty, he's got 3 stolen bases in tonights game so far.

FarWestChicago
04-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Please, we're all happy, but don't pass the

:bong:

lowesox
04-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Hm... I wonder if some of us are getting too excited about this team. I think it's great that we celebrate our early success, but it's not always going to be this good this year.

I for one am worried about Shingo, I think guys like Iguchi, Crede, Konerko and Garland are all performing a little over their heads. And we've yet to see what will happen when this team loses a few games back to back. I'm optimistic too (especially with the Red Sox and Yanks looking vulnerable) but I'm cautiously optimistic.

HomeFish
04-22-2005, 10:48 PM
All we know for sure is that the Sox will finish with 13 wins. After that, it is way too early to say anything.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Come on....

100 wins...that's be awesome...but seriously...any Sox fan that hasn't put down a case knows...well that 100 wins is as plausible as me and Lisa Dergan getting together while ScoPo tapes it...ok, so I've had a few myself...:gulp:

SouthSide4Life
04-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Come on....

100 wins...that's be awesome...but seriously...any Sox fan that hasn't put down a case knows...well that 100 wins is as plausible as me and Lisa Dergan getting together while ScoPo tapes it...ok, so I've had a few myself...:gulp:haha ScoPo... maybe it will last

Fake Chet Lemon
04-22-2005, 11:21 PM
...I for one am worried about Shingo, I think guys like Iguchi, Crede, Konerko and Garland are all performing a little over their heads....

And Dye, Rowand and Thomas haven't gotten started yet either. Konerko is batting around .250 with a ton of strikeouts, that's over his head? Iguchi, not sure we can say he is playing over his head either? No way I'm going to say this team can win 100 now, but before the season I put the chances at 0.0%. I would say the odds have moved off of zero now.

itsnotrequired
04-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Please, we're all happy, but don't pass the

:bong:

I was thinking more along the lines of
http://www.tdc-dfs.com/images/tanqueray-gin.jpg

Seriously though, great start to the season. Great depth in all concerns.

MRKARNO
04-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Going into this season, I saw this as a team that had no middle ground. It might have gone really really badly or really really well. So far, it looks like the latter. 100 wins is not a goal that is out of reach, but it would require this level of play for a whole season. We've played 10% of one thus far. The franchise has only won 100 games or more once, in 1917. Let's hope they can keep this up.:thumbsup:

PAPChiSox729
04-22-2005, 11:34 PM
100 wins seems to be a little too much. Yeah, we are good, but I don't think we are a 100-win team. I just want to get into the playoffs and then from there, anything can happen.

FarWestChicago
04-22-2005, 11:34 PM
Going into this season, I saw this as a team that had no middle ground. It might have gone really really badly or really really well. So far, it looks like the latter. 100 wins is not a goal that is out of reach, but it would require this level of play for a whole season. We've played 10% of one thus far. The franchise has only won 100 games or more once, in 1917. Let's hope they can keep this up.:thumbsup:Dude, get a grip. You tend toward depression. Please return to normal. This kind of **** is virtually a hex.

itsnotrequired
04-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Dude, get a grip. You tend toward depression. Please return to normal. This kind of **** is virtually a hex.

Okay, don't mean to hijack the thread but what's the actual deal with posting "***" in threads? Its my understanding that subverting the language filters is a no-no. Are moderators given free reign? This humble poster isn't trying to call anyone out but just wants to know "what's the score".

FarWestChicago
04-22-2005, 11:44 PM
Okay, don't mean to hijack the thread but what's the actual deal with posting "***" in threads? Its my understanding that subverting the language filters is a no-no. Are moderators given free reign? This humble poster isn't trying to call anyone out but just wants to know "what's the score".Nope, I used the filters as designed. And you are whacked for being an *******.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-22-2005, 11:58 PM
haha ScoPo... maybe it will last

ScoPo better last...it's better than "the Comet"...no offense to Comeback Crede

SOXPHILE
04-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Easy does it with the "100 wins" talk. Don't get me wrong, it would be outstanding, and our guys are out to a very good start so far. But when you start saying things like that on APRIL 22, you start to sound dangerously like a certain Tribune columnist. I believe it was either Phil Rogers or Dan McGrath who, last year, before the season even started, charted out how the Cubs would/should win 100 games. The Tribune even kept some sort of meter measuring how they were doing, and would update it and put it in the paper every 10 games or so. (Like some bizarre SHAWON-O-METER). They looked extremly stupid when the team didn't even make the playoffs and finished in 3rd.

delben91
04-23-2005, 12:10 AM
The premise of this thread is rather absurd for this early in the season...or any time for that matter. Let's just take it one game at a time folks.

elrod
04-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Wait until Oakland. Just like in 2000 it didn't mean squat until the NY/CLE trip. This year it's the first Oakland series that will determine whether it's for real or not. I seem to remember the 2002 team starting 15-7 and then getting swept in Oakland, bringing the team back to earth.

IowaSox1971
04-23-2005, 02:50 AM
I agree that the Oakland series is a big one. If we win that series, then that's a strong signal this could be a good year. Let's make sure we win the Kansas City series so we still have momentum when we go to Oakland.

Jjav829
04-23-2005, 03:08 AM
LOL, like someone posted recently, WSI is so reactive. If we were to lose 5 in a row, I guarantee someone would start a thread asking if we should blow up the team and start trading away players.

A.T. Money
04-23-2005, 03:45 AM
Funny thing is, we're so used to being miserable, that we actually get all cranky when we talk about 'winning'!!!

LOL

fquaye149
04-23-2005, 03:58 AM
100+ wins, who cares?

All I care about is how many games ahead/back we are after 162 and how many playoff games we win.

owensmouth
04-23-2005, 04:11 AM
100+ wins, who cares?

All I care about is how many games ahead/back we are after 162 and how many playoff games we win.How bout we make that: how many playoff series we win.

jabrch
04-23-2005, 04:15 AM
I'd love to get 100 wins. But more than that, I am worried about getting #14 tomorrow. Greinke is a solid pitcher.

I'm sure we can beat him - I just want to see it before I worry about getting to 15...which comes far before 100.

One win at a time...

doublem23
04-23-2005, 06:00 AM
LOL, like someone posted recently, WSI is so reactive. If we were to lose 5 in a row, I guarantee someone would start a thread asking if we should blow up the team and start trading away players.

It is, but it's nice to be reactive on the complete and insanely positive side of things than it is to be posting the Prozac tag every other thread. :smile:

Like jabrch said... Let's worry about 14, and 15, and 16, etc. first. I'll worry about 100 when they've won 99.

nasox
04-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Nope, I used the filters as designed. And you are whacked for being an *******.

He gawn!