PDA

View Full Version : "early bird specials in the parking lot"

JohnBasedowYoda
04-22-2005, 05:56 PM
a buddy of mine told me that they got to last sundays game at the cell basically right when the gates opened. He said they only paid $8 since they were there before a certain time. They didn't know about it beforehand, just happened to be there at the right time. Anyone here know anything?

zach074
04-22-2005, 06:04 PM
a buddy of mine told me that they got to last sundays game at the cell basically right when the gates opened. He said they only paid $8 since they were there before a certain time. They didn't know about it beforehand, just happened to be there at the right time. Anyone here know anything?

I have heard this mentioned before on the boards but i don't know the details.

DumpJerry
04-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Let's email Brooks and ask him.

jabrch
04-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I think the first hour or so that the lots are open they are 7 or 8 bucks. You gotta get there early, but if you are having dinner and a few pops at Jimbos or are going to tailgait, it is a good deal.

Captian Ron
04-22-2005, 06:14 PM
It's true last year and so far this year if you go early like when the gates open You only pay something like 8 bucks. Hey alot better then paying full price. :smile::gulp:

chisoxmike
04-22-2005, 06:39 PM
$8 is what the price of parking should be in the first place!

gosox3072
04-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Ive been parking for half price for a few years now. The lot accross the railroad tracks is half price ($8) up to i believe 2 hours before the game. I think the lot is lot G.

BeerHandle
04-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Let's email Brooks and ask him.

Did anyone email Brooks? He is very fast in returning emails.

I have had a parking pass for the past four years, but opted out since I live right near the L in the West Loop and work right off the L on Canal and Randolph(Green Line all the way). If the $8 is a go, I have no problem driving and bringing back my big tailgates. BBQ, BAGS and BEERS!:gulp:

Daver
04-22-2005, 08:48 PM
I have never paid to park for a game at Comiskey Park.

You can park on the street off of State, across from the old Stateway Gardens for free.

kevingrt
04-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Great insight... I'm so getting to games ten times earlier the rest of the season to save the $6 or whatever. Thanks guys

JKryl
04-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Ive been parking for half price for a few years now. The lot accross the railroad tracks is half price ($8) up to i believe 2 hours before the game. I think the lot is lot G.

How early do the gates open? Is it the same on weekdays as on weekends?

elrod
04-22-2005, 11:52 PM
You can park for free anywhere east of the Green Line stop. I always find spots right on 35th street in front of De La Salle HS across the street from Chicago Police Headquarters. And it's VERY well guarded and pretty well-lit too. If that fails head north through the IIT neighborhood and you'll always find spots. No reason to pay for parking there.

fusillirob1983
04-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Does that work for all lots or just certain lots? I used to go into Lot C and get the $8 price, but I looked online yesterday and it said that lot is designated for prepaid parking passes.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Why don't you all just move here?

chisoxfanatic
04-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Why don't you all just move here?

I agree! This neighborhood RULES!!! It's awesome being in Soxdom. :D:

You get a Bridgeport decal, which allows you to park ANYWHERE in the neighborhood (even as close as a block away from Comiskey) for free without any questions from the CPD.

No paying for parking here...

ewokpelts
04-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Lot G is the employee lot.

:reinsy
I make them pay.

Since the lot is open 3-4 hours early anyways, they offer the early bird discount. It's 8 bucks, but you have to get there BEFORE THE GATES OPEN.(for a 2:05 start, before 12:30)
Gene

JKryl
04-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Lot G is the employee lot.

:reinsy
I make them pay.

Sounds like Peabody Coal Company and George Pullman doesn't have anything on you. Make 'em buy in the company store, build up the debt, and they can never leave.

irish rover
04-24-2005, 08:03 AM
you can park in Lot G up to 1.5 hrs before game time for $8. lot G is the western most lot on the westside of the tracks off 35th, they are currently landscaping it to look like the other lots. It used to have chainlink fence now it will have grass and trees and the same black fence used at other lots

BeerHandle
04-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Here is an information from Brooks Boyer on the early bird special.
There is early bird parking in Lot G (other side of railroad tracks on 35th) for $8. I think it switches to full rate 3 hours prior to the game.

Another interesting parking note is our new Park and Ride program. Our A lot (35th and Wentworth) opens at 6am on weekday game days. If you are working downtown, no need to pay to park twice. Park in our lot for the game ($17 or any lot parking pass), take the train downtown and the train back to the game. Your car will stay at the Park all day.

My best to the WSI crew. Tell everyone to tell their friends, get tickets early.

All the best,

Brooks

tacosalbarojas
04-27-2005, 01:34 PM
There is early bird parking in Lot G (other side of railroad tracks on 35th) for $8. I think it switches to full rate 3 hours prior to the game.

Another interesting parking note is our new Park and Ride program. Our A lot (35th and Wentworth) opens at 6am on weekday game days. If you are working downtown, no need to pay to park twice. Park in our lot for the game ($17 or any lot parking pass), take the train downtown and the train back to the game. Your car will stay at the Park all day.

My best to the WSI crew. Tell everyone to tell their friends, get tickets early.

All the best,

Brooks He's incorrect about the 3 hour thing. Lot G is, and has been for years, half price up to the time the gates open, 1 hour and a half prior to game time (as others have mentioned). I've been parking there for years.

skottyj242
04-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Great insight... I'm so getting to games ten times earlier the rest of the season to save the $6 or whatever. Thanks guys

It saves you more that six bucks, I think parkings 17 this year.

SSN721
04-27-2005, 02:24 PM
It saves you more that six bucks, I think parkings 17 this year.

Yes it is 17 bucks this year.

ewokpelts
04-27-2005, 04:28 PM

All the best,

Brooks
he should have said "get tickets early, but only at full price. We do work for uncle jerry."

34 Inch Stick
04-28-2005, 11:16 AM
I have never paid to park for a game at Comiskey Park.

You can park on the street off of State, across from the old Stateway Gardens for free.

Shhh! I keep having to park further and further south on State.

MUsoxfan
04-28-2005, 11:25 PM
I like to park at Schaller's, but I really don't understand why parking is so much. $12 seems like a reasonable rate. With such a marketing campaign, cheaper parking seems like a huge selling point. I'm not kidding when I say.....EMAIL BROOKS!