PDA

View Full Version : Cub Fan BS

seanpmurphy
04-22-2005, 04:03 PM
So often I'm told by people I know that Cubs fans are better because "If the Sox ever made it to the World Series, we would cheer for them, but when the Cubs had a shot no White Sox fan wanted to see them win."

If that's really the case, that Cubs fans are so respectful, why was I asked to leave this apartment party for showing up in my Sox hat? I mean seriously, is that how immature people are gonna be? Anyone else ever have a run-in with people like this before, or am I just lucky.

Rocky Soprano
04-22-2005, 04:06 PM
I thought Cub fans didnt care about the White Sox?

Uncle_Patrick
04-22-2005, 04:18 PM
So often I'm told by people I know that Cubs fans are better because "If the Sox ever made it to the World Series, we would cheer for them, but when the Cubs had a shot no White Sox fan wanted to see them win."

If that's really the case, that Cubs fans are so respectful, why was I asked to leave this apartment party for showing up in my Sox hat? I mean seriously, is that how immature people are gonna be? Anyone else ever have a run-in with people like this before, or am I just lucky.

When the Cubs were in the 2003 playoffs, a woman who worked on the same team with my then girlfriend (now wife) asked if I would root for the Cubs, since it was well-known around the office (we work for the same company) that I am a huge White Sox fan. When I told her I would not, she asked me "Why not? When the Bulls went to the playoffs, I rooted for them, and I'm not a basketball fan." I explained to her that this was different, because I am a baseball fan, and I have the team that I root for and the teams that I won't root for. Of course, she didn't see the difference and told me "Well, I guess that's just how you Sox fans are."

I guess having your own principles (such as not rooting for a team you despise because everyone else is) and sticking by them is a bad thing. You should always do what the crowd does, because it makes you popular.

seanpmurphy
04-22-2005, 04:30 PM
The Cubs bandwagon has caught fire and is now the Cubs trend. It's reached a point where you're not cool unless you sport some kind of Cubs gear...let's not worrry about knowing anything about the team though.

Cubs fans are just plain ignorant. :wink:

Dick Allen
04-22-2005, 05:11 PM
These Cub fans don't realize that, when they wear Cub gear, to intelligent people, it's the same thing as putting a "Kick Me" sign on their buttocks.

chaerulez
04-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Cub fans are better at not being able to name anyone on the roster outside of Prior and Wood.

JB98
04-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Whenever I wear Sox gear out in public, I always have people yelling insults at me. Remember, though, Cubs fans don't care about the Sox.

By way of comparison, I never say anything to people wearing Cubs crap. I just chuckle to myself about what hopeless losers they are.

MeanFish
04-22-2005, 11:06 PM
I've *never* understood Cub fan hatred of the White Sox. At least we have legitimate reasons to dislike them. They dislike us because it's cool to hate, simple as that. That's what's most infuriating.

TDog
04-23-2005, 02:28 AM
... "Why not? When the Bulls went to the playoffs, I rooted for them, and I'm not a basketball fan." ...

By that logic, most Cubs "fans" would root for th Sox in the World Series because they're not real baseball fans.