PDA

View Full Version : Best Ozzie Quotes

DoggPhood
04-22-2005, 02:59 PM
If we don't have one already, can we please start a thread with Ozzie's best quotes? Thanks.

bennyw41
04-22-2005, 03:02 PM
If we don't have one already, can we please start a thread with Ozzie's best quotes? Thanks.

I nominate you.....

mantis1212
04-22-2005, 03:07 PM
What I would LOVE to get my hands on is the audio from Ozzie's comments about Magglio. That would be absolutely priceless.

JoseCanseco6969
04-22-2005, 03:14 PM
What I would LOVE to get my hands on is the audio from Ozzie's comments about Magglio. That would be absolutely priceless.

hell yeah it would! I mentioned it in the ozzie/maggs thread.

heres mine:

"He knows I can (bleep) him a lot of ways. He better shut the (bleep) up and play for the Detroit Tigers."

jabrch
04-22-2005, 03:25 PM
"He knows I can (bleep) him a lot of ways. He better shut the (bleep) up and play for the Detroit Tigers."

These are so much more entertaining if done in "OzzieVoice"

"Ju no da he nose da I can fok heem in a lo o ways. He be' er shu da fok up an play for da Detroi Tiger"

JoseCanseco6969
04-22-2005, 03:41 PM

"Ju no da he nose da I can fok heem in a lo o ways. He be' er shu da fok up an play for da Detroi Tiger"

nice job with the translation!

ja1022
04-22-2005, 03:42 PM

This qualifies for a :) .

ja1022
04-22-2005, 03:52 PM
I kind of enjoyed these quotes from last year regarding Buck Showalter.

"But when the best manager in the history of baseball talks about you, that means you're on somebody's mind. And when you're beating the crap out of the best manager in baseball, it makes me feel a lot better.

I could have made a big deal of it, but I was professional enough because I respect the guy that was coaching first base. He did something in the big leagues. [Showalter] never even smelled a jock in the big leagues ...

There are so many different ways he might be jealous of me. I was a better player than him, I've got more money than him and I'm better-looking than him."

mealfred13
04-22-2005, 04:50 PM
I kind of enjoyed these quotes from last year regarding Buck Showalter.

"But when the best manager in the history of baseball talks about you, that means you're on somebody's mind. And when you're beating the crap out of the best manager in baseball, it makes me feel a lot better.

I could have made a big deal of it, but I was professional enough because I respect the guy that was coaching first base. He did something in the big leagues. [Showalter] never even smelled a jock in the big leagues ...

There are so many different ways he might be jealous of me. I was a better player than him, I've got more money than him and I'm better-looking than him."

Hahahha, yeah that was a classic. Ozzie-speak or not, that's a funny-ass quote.:redneck

rookieroy
04-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Oh boy....how about future quotes? Can you imagine if Ozzie says the word "focus" on radio or t.v.? I think I heard this mentioned by Carmen Defalco on AM 1000 sometime in the past and I can't take credit for it. Sorry mods...this is way too funny to not mentioned! :tongue:

AntoneSmith2
04-22-2005, 05:52 PM
:roflmao:

chisoxmike
04-22-2005, 06:23 PM
"Tired! These guys shouldn't be tired.. they haven't played in a week."

Ozzie when asked if his team was tired on a sox pre-game show before facing off against the Tigers last season after they lost 7 in a row.

AOEllis
04-23-2005, 03:36 AM
"I can be the nicest guy or the biggest (expletive deleted) in the world. You pick."

UofCSoxFan
04-23-2005, 04:09 AM
"The Beer tastes better when you win." :gulp:

Danm straight....and let me tell you, the beer has tasted better a lot this year.

harwar
04-23-2005, 08:46 AM
There was a time when baseball was full of colorfull managers who wouldn't take crap from anyone.
Ozzie is a chicago type of guy.
I grew up in a pretty rough neighboorhood and he reminds me of some of the characters i used to run with.
We really need to circle the wagons on this one because some of the national media might use this as just another way to put the Sox in a bad light.
I say screw ordonez,screw espn,& GO WHITE SOX...

gobears1987
04-23-2005, 09:14 AM
ROFLMAO at "Ozzie voice"