PDA

View Full Version : Lee vs. Podsednik

Chicago83
04-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Not that I think it will stay like this, but look at how that trade looks with their stats so far this season.

Lee- .217, 8 RBI;s

Podsednik- .286, 6 RBI's

Lee is not having a good time out in Milwaukee. Actually that whole team is not hittng, they have a .220 team average.

Frater Perdurabo
04-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Not that I think it will stay like this, but look at how that trade looks with their stats so far this season.

Lee- .217, 8 RBI;s

Podsednik- .286, 6 RBI's

Lee is not having a good time out in Milwaukee. Actually that whole team is not hittng, they have a .220 team average.

So far, so good!

MIgrenade
04-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Pods also has 5 stolen bases

Edit: 9

Palehose13
04-22-2005, 02:15 PM
It's way too early to compare, but yeah...I like it so far.

PatK
04-22-2005, 02:17 PM
I wonder how many outs Scott has made would have been hits if Carlos was in left.

Erik The Red
04-22-2005, 02:18 PM
I think, when the season is done with, that Carlos will definitely have more HRs, and probably have more RBI than Pods. But, Pods will have many more SB, and probably a higher OBP and more runs scored. The media talks so much about what we LOST in the trade, but they've completely ignored what we've GAINED. I for one am happy with the trade, though it was tough seeing Lee go.

ondafarm
04-22-2005, 02:28 PM
I wonder how many outs Scott has made would have been hits if Carlos was in left.

Do you mean put outs or outs made?

I think Scotty is a much smarter player and covers much more ground, I haven't seen him get caught out of position like Lee did all the time.

CLee has a better arm though.

Irishsox1
04-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Your not covering the entire trade. You have to compare Lee's numbers to Podesednik and Vizcaino's, plus they got a minor league player. Right now it looks like a good trade for the White Sox.

cheeses_h_rice
04-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Don't forget these stats!

Scott Podsednik $700,000

Carlos Lee $8,000,000

Sad
04-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Don't forget these stats!

Scott Podsednik $700,000

Carlos Lee $8,000,000

:reinsy ayup.

SoxxoS
04-22-2005, 02:54 PM
I think, when the season is done with, that Carlos will definitely have more HRs, and probably have more RBI than Pods. But, Pods will have many more SB, and probably a higher OBP and more runs scored. The media talks so much about what we LOST in the trade, but they've completely ignored what we've GAINED. I for one am happy with the trade, though it was tough seeing Lee go.

If Pods has a better OBP than Lee...then this wasn't just a good trade...it was a STEAL.

jabrch
04-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Your not covering the entire trade. You have to compare Lee's numbers to Podesednik and Vizcaino's, plus they got a minor league player. Right now it looks like a good trade for the White Sox.

You are leaving out the money left over that was used to sign El Duque, AJ and I think part of, if not all of Iguchi. When you look at the entire picture, it was a great deal for the Sox. It could be a great deal for both teams, if Lee hits .300/30/100/100. But if he struggles, it is a disaster of a deal for the Brewers. They could have spent their money on something else and still had Pods in LF

faneidde
04-22-2005, 03:47 PM
I hope Carlos has a great season in Milwaukee and frankly don't understand everyone enjoying his early season struggles. He gave us everything he had for the early part of his career.

jabrch
04-22-2005, 03:51 PM
I hope Carlos has a great season in Milwaukee and frankly don't understand everyone enjoying his early season struggles. He gave us everything he had for the early part of his career.

I must have missed the posts in this thread with "everyone enjoying his early season struggles". It seems like everyone is happy to have Pods, Viz, Iguchi, AJP and Duque and that we don't miss Lee much - but I don't see the celebration over Lee's misery that we have (rightfully) for GreedyO's suffering.

faneidde
04-22-2005, 03:53 PM
I must have missed the posts in this thread with "everyone enjoying his early season struggles". It seems like everyone is happy to have Pods, Viz, Iguchi, AJP and Duque and that we don't miss Lee much - but I don't see the celebration over Lee's misery that we have (rightfully) for GreedyO's suffering.
I just got the impression from this thread that everyone seems to be pleased that he is struggling. I wish people would evaulate the trade based on Pods, Vizcaino and the other guys we got. It just bothers me the way Carlos has been kind of thrown under the bus by Ozzie and others.

ondafarm
04-22-2005, 03:54 PM

Hey, I mean no disrespect for CLee. I've seen both him and his brother (also Carlos Lee) play and I'm not saying either one didn't give a flat out great effort. I do think it is fair to say that they both have limitations, but they are 110% effort guys. I just think the White Sox are better off after the trade. I wish CLee well with the Brewers and will definately root for him when they play the Cubs.

jabrch
04-22-2005, 04:12 PM
I just got the impression from this thread that everyone seems to be pleased that he is struggling. I wish people would evaulate the trade based on Pods, Vizcaino and the other guys we got. It just bothers me the way Carlos has been kind of thrown under the bus by Ozzie and others.

Well...he did have the opportunity to take out the Twins catcher last year after Hunter/Burke - and he didn't. Ozzie didn't seem to forgive him for that. But I don't see anyone here happy that Lee is struggling - we are only comparing him to what we are getting from the guys we got/bought in the deal. His performance is relevant in that regards...

mealfred13
04-22-2005, 04:38 PM

That's what happens when you pick up a club-house cancer like Lee... (maybe not teal?)

pudge
04-22-2005, 04:46 PM

Now that is some good comedy.

hdog1017
04-22-2005, 05:29 PM
C Lee is a notorious slow starter. I think he'll get his act together up in brew-town. I think its a win-win trade for both teams.

Epark84
04-22-2005, 05:52 PM

Lee- .217, 8 RBI;s

Podsednik- .286, 6 RBI's

its 16 games in. The trade accomplished a purpose for the white sox, but lets not pretend lee and posednik are equal players. Vizcaino was huge to the deal, cause if its pods for lee straight up, we got fleeced. Even so they got the better of the deal itself, but it freed up the money for the sox to go out and get more

fquaye149
04-22-2005, 06:54 PM
its 16 games in. The trade accomplished a purpose for the white sox, but lets not pretend lee and posednik are equal players. Vizcaino was huge to the deal, cause if its pods for lee straight up, we got fleeced. Even so they got the better of the deal itself, but it freed up the money for the sox to go out and get more

not exactly sure what you're saying besides Lee is a better individual player than Podsednik.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Four years from now we may be calling this the "Vizcaino" trade, rather than the "Podsednik" trade. No knock on Podzilla, I love him. But Vizzy could become one of the games great closers. What a great trade and salary dump, just beautiful. Another moves pays off big for the Gambler, what a GM!

Fake Chet Lemon
04-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Well...he did have the opportunity to take out the Twins catcher last year after Hunter/Burke - and he didn't. Ozzie didn't seem to forgive him for that. But I don't see anyone here happy that Lee is struggling - we are only comparing him to what we are getting from the guys we got/bought in the deal. His performance is relevant in that regards...

Wasn't that the Twins SS on a double-play ball?

TheBull19
04-22-2005, 11:57 PM
The trade accomplished a purpose for the white sox, but lets not pretend lee and posednik are equal players. Vizcaino was huge to the deal, cause if its pods for lee straight up, we got fleeced.

Hitters like Lee seem to grow on trees, relatively speaking, whereas there are only a handful of guys who can do what Podsednik does, and no one seems to be willing to give them up. Even if you discount what other moves were made with the freed up cash, I'd hardly say the sox got fleeced.

IowaSox1971
04-23-2005, 02:14 AM
If Podsednik can hit .275 and steal 60 bases, then it's a good trade no matter what Lee does. We really needed a good leadoff hitter, even more than another power hitter, and he seems to play good team baseball. He gives us a presence at the top of the order. When he gets on base, it sets things up for the other hitters, because then pitcher is distracted. I would argue that a .300 batting average from Podsednik is even more valuable than a .300 batting average from Lee because of all the stolen bases, etc. I like Lee as a hitter, but he wasn't exactly the best base-runner, and he ran us out of numerous innings. There's still a long way to go, but I like what I've seen from Podsednik so far.

Chisox003
04-23-2005, 02:20 AM
If Podsednik can hit .275 and steal 60 bases, then it's a good trade no matter what Lee does. We really needed a good leadoff hitter, even more than another power hitter, and he seems to play good team baseball. He gives us a presence at the top of the order. When he gets on base, it sets things up for the other hitters, because then pitcher is distracted. I would argue that a .300 batting average from Podsednik is even more valuable than a .300 batting average from Lee because of all the stolen bases, etc. I like Lee as a hitter, but he wasn't exactly the best base-runner, and he ran us out of numerous innings. There's still a long way to go, but I like what I've seen from Podsednik so far.

First of all, :welcome:

Second, you hit the nail on the head with that post...Pods is more valuable than Lee as long as he hits somewhere .280 or above...

Other than that, I wish C Lee and the Brew Crew the best of luck

Scotty Po is shocking everyone right now....We knew he could do this, but to see it in action is awesome....3 SB's in one game, from a White Sox player?!?! Havent seen that in a while

Tragg
04-23-2005, 02:54 AM
If Pods has a better OBP than Lee...then this wasn't just a good trade...it was a STEAL.

I would say that if Pods has an OBP .340+ then it was a great get. It's hard to compare the 2 (different parks, leagues etc. and if Lee had a poor year, it still wouldn't make me happy if Pods simply weren't as bad) and at this point, we just need to get production from the leadoff hitter and so far so good.

jabrch
04-23-2005, 04:16 AM
Wasn't that the Twins SS on a double-play ball?

Now that I think about it - yes...that's twice in one day for me....

Fake Chet Lemon
04-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Pods was on base 6 times last night in KC, right! No offense to Carlos, but I'll take that kind of potential production. Plus I wish we could somehow factor in the "Homeruns Created" by Pods later in the lineup. It seems like we go on to have have big innings after he gets on base and creates havoc. But I mean even AFTER HE SCORES, it seems there is a residual effect on the pitchers. It sounds nuts, but he seems to throw pitchers off their game and they stay off for the entire half-inning.

Chrisaway
04-23-2005, 04:39 PM
I miss CLee as much as the next guy, but Scotty is one of the most exciting players to watch on our team this year. That mutha can run.

Champs2004
04-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Four years from now we may be calling this the "Vizcaino" trade, rather than the "Podsednik" trade. No knock on Podzilla, I love him. But Vizzy could become one of the games great closers. What a great trade and salary dump, just beautiful. Another moves pays off big for the Gambler, what a GM!

I forgot who said it but someone on WSI said "we better get a king's ransom for C. Lee" im my eyes this is the "King's Ransom" trade due to the aftereffects of the trade (specifically his salary that we freed up).

CleeFan101
04-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Pods was on base 6 times last night in KC, right! No offense to Carlos, but I'll take that kind of potential production. Plus I wish we could somehow factor in the "Homeruns Created" by Pods later in the lineup. It seems like we go on to have have big innings after he gets on base and creates havoc. But I mean even AFTER HE SCORES, it seems there is a residual effect on the pitchers. It sounds nuts, but he seems to throw pitchers off their game and they stay off for the entire half-inning.

You have been listening to Hawk and DJ too much :tongue:

batmanZoSo
04-23-2005, 06:51 PM
We needed a leadoff man with speed badly, I don't care if Lee's worth more in fantasy. All I know is we're 10-1 with Podsednik and 3-3 without him.

brewcrew/chisox
04-23-2005, 10:22 PM
You know I wish this trade helps both teams;

then I can see my two favorite teams of all time in the World Series

And then My head will explode from too much excitement