PDA

View Full Version : How can Ozzie [bleep] Maggs?

patbooyah
04-22-2005, 01:42 PM
in his tirade, ozzie said that he can "really [bleep] ordonez."

what do you think ozzie means by this?

personally, based on the giambi like status of maggs... i have a few ideas.

:cool: can't wait to read some of these replies. :cool:

GiveMeSox
04-22-2005, 01:45 PM

Im assuming he just mean he can make his life a living hell.

fledgedrallycap
04-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Boers & Bernstien were hinting at that point as well....If not along the lines of illegal suplements, maybe some dirty laundry, or maybe they just hate each other's guts....

LVSoxFan
04-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Who'dve thunk it would have turned out this way with these two?

Bizarre.

patbooyah
04-22-2005, 01:50 PM
yeah. i wonder what ozzie knows that we don't!

does snead?

Fake Chet Lemon
04-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Maggs really does look "skinny". Must have been a right-field thing in this town.

HoosierHerb
04-22-2005, 01:58 PM
maybe he is referring to his reputation in native Venezuela.

Rocky Soprano
04-22-2005, 02:04 PM
Maybe Ozzie has seen Maggs "having some fun" on the road and is willing to air his dirty laundry.

Frank the Tank
04-22-2005, 02:11 PM
A 95 mph fastball to the earhole could (bleep) Maggs pretty good.

Rocky Soprano
04-22-2005, 02:12 PM

I have a friend at work that originally was from the Detroit area and is a big Tigers fan. We went to lunch and we talked about this. We agreed that it would probably cause another huge brawl.

voodoochile
04-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Ozzie's other job is as a Don in the Venezuelan Mafia and knows where Magglio's Mommy lives...

:sopranos:
"Don't **** with Ozzie... we got his back...

Lip Man 1
Well depending on how far you are willing to go, Ozzie can have him thrown at or have someone from the infield deliberately try to get into a collision with him (say if he's sliding into 3rd base, try to make contact with his knee...)

I don't think Ozzie would try to end a players career though.

Lip

voodoochile

Doesn't Maggs actually have to bat for that to happen?

Elvisfan1977
04-22-2005, 02:15 PM
I know a guy who works at WGN radio and he says Maggs was juicin and that's the cause of his ailments. Take it for what it is.

Maximo
04-22-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm going way out on a limb here..........but I'm thinking Ozzie might publicize Magglio's Credit Card numbers all over the internet.

Frank the Tank
04-22-2005, 02:19 PM
I have a friend at work that originally was from the Detroit area and is a big Tigers fan. We went to lunch and we talked about this. We agreed that it would probably cause another huge brawl.

I'm not so sure. I don't think Maggs has done anything to gain the respect or loyalty of his team thus far. In fact, he has probably been annoyance. I'm not so sure players would subject themselves to suspension/fines for him.

Tekijawa
04-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Ozzie knows that Maggs never really drove a Cheby!

Irishsox1
04-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Whatever information Ozzie has, or doesn't have, I don't care! Magglio is an ex-White Sox player, which means he is in the same catagory as the Mike Sirotkas, Jim Parques and Kip Wells'. Once a player is off the White Sox, its outta sight, outta mind. Maybe Kip Wells won some games for Pittsburgh, but I could care less. Ozzie should keep his mouth shut when it comes to Magglio and move on!...even if Magglio was on steroids and Ozzie has pictures of Magglio injecting himself. He's property of the Tigers now, let them deal with that mess.

ja1022
04-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Perhaps Ozzie "found" some pictures of Maggs dressed in ladies underwear.

bennyw41
04-22-2005, 02:49 PM
I don't know how I can not read any of those quotes and not think of Tony Montana saying them.

BarbG
04-22-2005, 02:50 PM
I don't think Ozzie would try to end a players career though.

Lip

He doesn't have to. Magglio is doing a fine job of that all by himself.

SSN721
04-22-2005, 02:54 PM
I don't know how I can not read any of those quotes and not think of Tony Montana saying them.
:D: LOL, The amount of curse words is on par with Tony's character.

hose
04-22-2005, 03:01 PM

You wanna know how Ozzie does it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way, and that's how you get Ordonez!

RichFitztightly
04-22-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm guessing the main way Ozzie can [bleep] Mags is by giving any future managers or potential employers a bad evaluation of Mags. It's common knowledge managers talk amongst themselves when deciding if they're going to hire a player or not. Therefore, Ozzie could say, "Don't, under any circumstances, sign this player... yada yada yada."

While I'm certain Ozzie has "soap-opera" type dirt on Mags, I'd be really surprised if it ever saw the light of day.

patbooyah
04-22-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm guessing the main way Ozzie can [bleep] Mags is by giving any future managers or potential employers a bad evaluation of Mags. It's common knowledge managers talk amongst themselves when deciding if they're going to hire a player or not. Therefore, Ozzie could say, "Don't, under any circumstances, sign this player... yada yada yada."

While I'm certain Ozzie has "soap-opera" type dirt on Mags, I'd be really surprised if it ever saw the light of day.

after sitting on detroits bench for the next 6 years, will anyone ever consider taking on maggs? i'm so interested to see if they can get out of that.

also- i heard that ozzie meant that he can [bleep] maggs by revealing his love of scrapbooking.

Jjav829
04-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Ozzie's going to publish a tell-all book on the story of Magglio Mexico.

MRKARNO
04-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Doesn't Maggs actually have to bat for that to happen?

That's likely to happen very soon.

buehrle4cy05
04-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Uncalled for? Yes. Bad move? Yes. Freakin' hilarious? You bet.

Kizzy08
04-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Whatever "dirt" or "dirty laundry" Ozzie has, I really think he should handle himself in a more professional manner. I understand that the quite, reserved way is not Ozzie's style, but some things should just be handled more appropriately.

He's the manager of a major league ball club and should really act more mature. I can't even picture an 18 year old boy handling the situation with the....uh...."verbage"....Ozzie did. Act your age and your position man...we need some publicity, but not the kind that sort of action brings.

ZachAL
04-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Maggs really does look "skinny". Must have been a right-field thing in this town.

I'd be willing to bet that his looking "skinny" could also have a lot to do with the fact that he was injured. It's pretty hard to work out or stay big when you're having knee surgeries i'd assume. Lets not jump to any conclusions here.

Flight #24
04-22-2005, 05:17 PM
I'd be willing to bet that his looking "skinny" could also have a lot to do with the fact that he was injured. It's pretty hard to work out or stay big when you're having knee surgeries i'd assume. Lets not jump to any conclusions here.

Don't most guys balloon up when they do that? I can't remember many actually slimming down.

Viva Medias B's
04-22-2005, 05:28 PM
The one thing about this thread that surprises me is the fact that it's gotten this far without being Roadhoused.

dickallen15
04-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Maybe Ozzie has seen Maggs "having some fun" on the road and is willing to air his dirty laundry.

People who live in glass houses........................

Flames24Rulz
04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Don't most guys balloon up when they do that? I can't remember many actually slimming down.

I agree...it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Mags was taking the juice. By the way, can they do steroid tests if a player is on the DL?

illiniwhitesox
04-22-2005, 10:41 PM

:cool:

I think Oz has always had the jones for Mags and is vocalizing some type of locker room fantasy

Flight #24
04-22-2005, 10:45 PM
I agree...it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Mags was taking the juice. By the way, can they do steroid tests if a player is on the DL?

IIRC, you have to be on the 24-man roster, that's all. So yes.

TheBull19
04-22-2005, 10:46 PM

If outing Maggs steroid use is the way Ozzie would #@! him, then Ozzie would only be implicating himself as complicit since he would've had to have been aware and allowed the use to continue.

FarWestChicago
04-22-2005, 10:55 PM
You can defend Maggs here. His steroid use, his psychosis, knock yourself out. But, ask yourself why you would do that...

TheBull19
04-23-2005, 12:32 AM
You can defend Maggs here. His steroid use, his psychosis, knock yourself out. But, ask yourself why you would do that...

I'm not sure if that was directed at me, but I stated my opinion of Maggs at the beginning of the lengthy "Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'." thread...

#12 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=660115&postcount=12)
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/statusicon/post_old.gif Yesterday, 07:45 PM
TheBull19 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=2757) http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/statusicon/user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_660115", true);
WSI Regular

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon1.gif
I liked Ordonez when he was here, but this guy's obviously a scumbag - I'm convinced his "hernia" is just an attempt to circumvent the clause in his new contract that would cost him 69-100 mil, and now this. I hope he comes back and Contreras or Vizcaino puts one in his ear.

I was just saying if Ozzie was aware of Ordonez using steroids, then A) Ozzie would be painting himself as complicit in the steroid problem since he was the manager of player in question and didn't do anything about it B) Ozzie would be stupid to bring it up due to A). How that would be construed as a defense of Ordonez is unclear to me. Of course, I'm not really sure that your post was directed at me, if not then I guess this post was utterly pointless.

FarWestChicago
04-23-2005, 12:41 AM
I'm not sure if that was directed at me, but I stated my opinion of Maggs at the beginning of the lengthy "Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'." thread...It wasn't at you. It was at the complete, brain dead morons who love Borass and Maggs.

TheBull19
04-23-2005, 12:59 AM
It was at the complete, brain dead morons who love Borass and Maggs.

:yup: Man, you really need to learn to stand up for your opinions a little more.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-23-2005, 01:07 AM

When the Tigers come to Chicago, Ozzie's going to sneak into Magglio's hotel room and short-sheet his bed.

Oh yeah, that's right, Maggs won't be with the team. He'll be in Vienna getting his herniated knee blasted with laser beams or something.

SomebodyToldMe
04-23-2005, 03:41 AM
People who live in glass houses........................

....sink ships?

woodenleg
04-23-2005, 11:39 AM

He had some kind of intestinal ailment as well.

voodoochile
04-23-2005, 11:41 AM
He had some kind of intestinal ailment as well.

Yeah, colonitus of the knee...

mdep524
04-23-2005, 12:18 PM
I'm going way out on a limb here..........but I'm thinking Ozzie might publicize Magglio's Credit Card numbers all over the internet.
http://www.simpsons-ar.com.ar/guestbook/agregar/lenny.gif
...or send him magazine subscriptions he don't want!!!

jordan23ventura
04-23-2005, 06:04 PM
....sink ships?

I'm gonna buy you a proverb book or something. This mix-and-match **** has got to go!

Viva Medias B's
04-23-2005, 08:37 PM
When the Tigers come to Chicago, Ozzie's going to sneak into Magglio's hotel room and short-sheet his bed.

Oh yeah, that's right, Maggs won't be with the team. He'll be in Vienna getting his herniated knee blasted with laser beams or something.

http://www.670thescore.com/graphics/pic_sm_terry_boers.jpg
Have Ozzie sneak into Magglio's hotel room with Dave Savini's sperm detector.

gosox41
04-24-2005, 09:24 AM

I thnk Ozzie just likes to talk.

Bob