PDA

View Full Version : Sox luring celebrities

Tom~Attitude
04-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Story on Fox32 news lastnite regarding a new program by Sox marketing to pull celebrities into the cell. They had a copy of a brochure distributed to major hotels to be given to celebs. It offers them some air time, a skybox, throw out the first pitch and personalized jersey as an incentive to show up at the park.

Fox suggested it was an attempt to emulate the success the other team in town has displayed with the Seventh Inning routine. I guess if it puts more fanny's in the seats it'll be good for the Sox. Recently Keith Partridge made an appearance and it got some modest media attention.

Just shows that our guy Brooks is working all the angles!

CHISOXFAN13
04-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Story on Fox32 news lastnite regarding a new program by Sox marketing to pull celebrities into the cell. They had a copy of a brochure distributed to major hotels to be given to celebs. It offers them some air time, a skybox, throw out the first pitch and personalized jersey as an incentive to show up at the park.

Fox suggested it was an attempt to emulate the success the other team in town has displayed with the Seventh Inning routine. I guess if it puts more fanny's in the seats it'll be good for the Sox. Recently Keith Partridge made an appearance and it got some modest media attention.

Just shows that our guy Brooks is working all the angles!

ER's Noah Wylie was at the Monday night Twins game sitting in the scout seats. I got there after the first inning, so not sure if he threw out the first ball or not.

Ol' No. 2
04-22-2005, 12:18 PM

Just shows that our guy Brooks is working all the angles!I happened to catch David Cassidy this morning on the radio. He was lovin' up the Sox, saying they have a great pitching staff and had a good chance to go all the way. Pretty pathetic whan David Cassidy has a better insight than national sportswriters.:angry:

Unregistered
04-22-2005, 12:26 PM
David Cassidy?

Try to aim a TAD bit higher, Brooks. :cool:

Palehose13
04-22-2005, 12:27 PM
As a pro athlete, I would like to say (on record) that I would be more than happy to receive posh treatment from the Chicago White Sox.

(I don't know if that should be in teal or deep pink)

Brian26
04-22-2005, 12:28 PM
ER's Noah Wylie was at the Monday night Twins game sitting in the scout seats. I got there after the first inning, so not sure if he threw out the first ball or not.

That's strange. He threw out the first pitch on the Saturday afternoon game.

CHISOXFAN13
04-22-2005, 12:36 PM
That's strange. He threw out the first pitch on the Saturday afternoon game.

My bad. That's what I was thinking. Loonnggg day.

Brian26
04-22-2005, 12:39 PM
My bad. That's what I was thinking. Loonnggg day.

:D: Not that it would have been THAT strange. Maybe he's just a big Sox fan.

PatK
04-22-2005, 01:20 PM
I don't know how I feel about this.

On one hand, maybe it will bring a little more media attention to the Sox.

On the other, it could bring a bunch of star f'er fans. Keep that junk on the North Side.

SOXSINCE'70
04-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Teri Hatcher and Eva Longoria often come to me in dreams
wearing nothing but a Sox jersey (no jersey number,sorry).:roflmao: :roflmao:

kittle42
04-22-2005, 01:29 PM
I don't know how I feel about this.

On one hand, maybe it will bring a little more media attention to the Sox.

On the other, it could bring a bunch of star f'er fans. Keep that junk on the North Side.

I wouldn't worry about that. I don't exactly see Tom Cruise or Angelina Jolie showing up.

Tekijawa
04-22-2005, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't worry about that. I don't exactly see Tom Cruise or Angelina Jolie showing up.

Good that lowers the Chances of any Crappy movies being shot there!

Unregistered
04-22-2005, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't worry about that. I don't exactly see Tom Cruise or Angelina Jolie showing up.Yeah, I'm sure other D-List celebrities include that dude who won the Apprentice that one year, irrelevant 1 hit wonder Rico Suave, equally irrelevant comedian Gallagher and Kathy Griffin.

PatK
04-22-2005, 01:39 PM
If it were B-listers or has-beens, I think it would be funnier than hell. Kind of a poke at the Cubs.

Plus, imagine the possible promotions- Corey Night featuring Corey Feldman and/or Corey Haim.

Unregistered
04-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Plus, imagine the possible promotions- Corey Night featuring Corey Feldman and/or Corey Haim.I'm pretty sure they're available on short notice, too! :D:

Tekijawa
04-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Michael Jackson would probably show up for Kids days?!?!?!:o:

Rocky Soprano
04-22-2005, 02:15 PM

Post of the week!

:roflmao:

itsnotrequired
04-22-2005, 02:16 PM
If it were B-listers or has-beens, I think it would be funnier than hell. Kind of a poke at the Cubs.

Plus, imagine the possible promotions- Corey Night featuring Corey Feldman and/or Corey Haim.

Oh yeah, like Wrigley only rolls out the cream-of-the-crop. Billy Blanks? Bill O'Reilly? Vanna White? Barney? Give me a break...

(btw, all have "sung" at Wrigley during the 7th inning stretch)

Unregistered
04-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Oh yeah, like Wrigley only rolls out the cream-of-the-crop. Billy Blanks? Bill O'Reilly? Vanna White? Barney? Give me a break...

(btw, all have "sung" at Wrigley during the 7th inning stretch)Don't forget Bonnie "Talentless" Hunt...

JoseCanseco6969
04-22-2005, 03:01 PM

Definately post of the week!!!!

Jerko
04-22-2005, 03:03 PM

Keep him away from the scouts seats.

itsnotrequired
04-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Don't forget Bonnie "Talentless" Hunt...

Yeah, she's done it a couple of times. So has Joan *shudder* Cusack. You know, she would be a great spokesperson for US Cellular! You could see the ads no less than 50 times a game!

Other winners include Susan Hawk (original "Survivor") and the Budweiser "Whassup?" guys.

Ol' No. 2
04-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah, she's done it a couple of times. So has Joan *shudder* Cusack. You know, she would be a great spokesperson for US Cellular! You could see the ads no less than 50 times a game!

Other winners include Susan Hawk (original "Survivor") and the Budweiser "Whassup?" guys.And yet, no one has mentioned the all-time classic...Ozzy Osbourne. :roflmao:

PatK
04-22-2005, 03:37 PM

(btw, all have "sung" at Wrigley during the 7th inning stretch)

Jeez. I retract my previous statement.

Except I'm still all for Cory night.

VA_GoGoSox
04-22-2005, 05:55 PM
:hawk

Time to cinch it up and hunker down for Frank Stallone night, here at beautiful US Cellular Park.

DumpJerry
04-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I'm sure other D-List celebrities include that dude who won the Apprentice that one year.
You would be talking about that Bill Rancic (spelling?) guy? He threw out the first pitch last year at a game I was at. It was against the O's, early in the season. Buehrle won 15-1 or 15-0........

Bring that guy back!:D:

OKCidiot
04-23-2005, 02:15 AM
Ok, maybe she's not a celebrity in the true sense of the word, but does anyone know if Lisa Noller from THE MOLE 2, THE NEXT BETRAYAL still is a beer vendor at the Cell? I am a huge MOLE fan and would love to buy a beer or two from her if she's still there.

seanpmurphy
04-23-2005, 08:58 AM
And yet, no one has mentioned the all-time classic...Ozzy Osbourne. :roflmao:

*Shudders* I was actually thinking about this when I started reading the thread. I don't think I've ever watched anything more pathetic in my life. Except maybe the 2003 NLCS!

I'd prefer not to see a whole bunch of celebrities showing up at US Cellular. I just think it'd take away from the team and the game.

Ol' No. 2
04-23-2005, 09:47 AM
I'd prefer not to see a whole bunch of celebrities showing up at US Cellular. I just think it'd take away from the team and the game.It's a big pain, but the reality is, it's good marketing. Why do most of the sheep fill up Wrigley Field when most of them don't have the faintest idea what they're watching? They go there because they've been convinced that it's the "in" thing to do. Seeing celebrities there helps to promote that image.

seanpmurphy
04-23-2005, 10:31 AM
It's a big pain, but the reality is, it's good marketing. Why do most of the sheep fill up Wrigley Field when most of them don't have the faintest idea what they're watching? They go there because they've been convinced that it's the "in" thing to do. Seeing celebrities there helps to promote that image.

Yeah it's good marketing, but still annoying. I've been to Wrigley Field and I honestly don't see what the big deal is. The problem is that the image it creates is just going to add to a bandwagon effect. I'm going to be so disappointed if I start seeing a hundred thousand Sox fans just come out of the wood work if they keep on winning like they are. :mad:

Spicoli
04-23-2005, 12:13 PM
Last I checked, there is a team full of celebrities we pay the price of a ticket to see do something on the field.

SOXSINCE'70
04-23-2005, 12:22 PM
And yet, no one has mentioned the all-time classic...Ozzy Osbourne. :roflmao:

Anyone ever hear "Da Coach" sing it the first time he did it a few
years back (he's sung it at least 2 or 3 times)??He sang it so fast
the organ player couldn't keep up with him.And when he got to
the "game" in "old ball game",his voice cracked.Truly humorous.:D:

Ozzie Osbourne did my second favorite version when he
actually sang the lyric "I don't remember what I have to sing".:roflmao: :roflmao: