PDA

View Full Version : Sportscenter this morning

Juice16
04-22-2005, 11:25 AM
The White sox actually were second in highlights and Fred Hickman focused on the starting pitching and Konerko's home runs. Last night our highlights were almost last.

Mickster
04-22-2005, 11:31 AM
The White sox actually were second in highlights and Fred Hickman focused on the starting pitching and Konerko's home runs. Last night our highlights were almost last.

Yep but the canned video was from at least 2 years ago as the backdrop was in blue and PK was giving Maggs a high-5 at the plate after one of his homers....

HomeFish
04-22-2005, 11:45 AM
See what happens when you win?

Maximo
04-22-2005, 11:48 AM
First.....get their attention......and then earn their respect.

LVSoxFan
04-22-2005, 11:53 AM
This is deja vu all over again.

Remember last year, when the Sox were roaring through the first half of the season? They were getting big coverage in both papers, and columnists were writing about how their coverage was exceeding that of the Cubs. Attendance was way up; they were the talk of the town.

One Tori Hunter later and all of that disappeared (in fairness, also after Maggs and Frank went down).

As long as they keep winning like this (which is pretty amazing thus far) they're gonna be big news.

Typical Sox/Chicago fan that I am, I'm just waiting for the downside, LOL.

It is funny, though, watching ESPN try and wean themselves off their BoSox/Yankee feeding tube. Personally I'm sick to death of both those teams; sure I rooted for the Red Sox as they came back, but I'm done with them.

Now that the Cubs are most definitely [bleeped] for the season, if the Sox continue to hang in, watch them to become the new media darlings. Oh what I wouldn't give for an expletive-laced Ozzie interview live on ESPN! LOL!

Tekijawa
04-22-2005, 12:08 PM
As long as they keep winning like this (which is pretty amazing thus far) they're gonna be big news.

120 win season would be nice!

WhitingSox
04-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Harold Reynolds keeps saying on Baseball Tonight that Konerko should be an All-Star and it's ridiculous that he wasn't last year.

soxfanreggie
04-22-2005, 01:02 PM
With 41 homers last year and 7 already this year. He is establishing himself as one of the top steroid-free homerun hitters.

Sad
04-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Harold Reynolds keeps saying on Baseball Tonight that Konerko should be an All-Star and it's ridiculous that he wasn't last year.

hey WhitingSOX :welcome:

my grandmother & great uncle used to live on Schrage Ave. (next to the 4 Deuces? tavern)

WhitingSox
04-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Hey, Sad, always good to hear when someone else has a connection to the far South Side. That's what we see ourselves as -- if you're familiar with the area, it's just an extension of the East Side. Same kind of houses, streets, taverns and, of couse, lots of Sox fans.

jabrch
04-22-2005, 01:09 PM
With 41 homers last year and 7 already this year. He is establishing himself as one of the top steroid-free homerun hitters.

Love that smallball, huh?

PatK
04-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Hey, Sad, always good to hear when someone else has a connection to the far South Side. That's what we see ourselves as -- if you're familiar with the area, it's just an extension of the East Side. Same kind of houses, streets, taverns and, of couse, lots of Sox fans.

Don't forget Pierogi Fest!!!!!

MrRoboto83
04-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Don't forget Pierogi Fest!!!!!

TRUE, Nothing like a good party in the "Region":gulp:

spongyfungy
04-23-2005, 01:14 AM
Sportscenter is mentioning the Sox in the beginning of the telecasts now as the "hot sox" (and is considered the second top story behind the NFL draft.) Sportscenter didn't even mention the Magglio thing (or at least I didn't hear it)

I'm happy they aren't referring to the other sox as they were doing all beginning of the season.