PDA

View Full Version : Sleepover Night, June 6: On Sale Now!!!

ma_deuce
04-22-2005, 10:25 AM
I called Nicole with the White Sox today and signed my wife and I up for two for the Sleepover Night on Saturday, June 4. It includes tickets for the game on Saturday, food and beverages, access to the field and dugouts, movies on the big screen, the chance to sleep on the field (you can bring sleeping bags or air matresses), a workout and fundamentals on Sunday and a chance to meet some former or current White Sox players. All of this for $300 a person, which goes to White Sox Charities and is deductable on your taxes.

I guess I got a jump start, because my wife and I are the first two people to sign up. Written annoucements will be sent today. Therefore, if you want to get in on it before it fills up, call Nicole today and purchase your tickets! The direct number is 312-674-5391.

Have fun and I'll see you in the outfield!
Deuce

Palehose13
04-22-2005, 10:59 AM
I called Nicole with the White Sox today and signed my wife and I up for two for the Sleepover Night on Saturday, June 4. It includes tickets for the game on Saturday, food and beverages, access to the field and dugouts, movies on the big screen, the chance to sleep on the field (you can bring sleeping bags or air matresses), a workout and fundamentals on Sunday and a chance to meet some former or current White Sox players. All of this for $300 a person, which goes to White Sox Charities and is deductable on your taxes.

I guess I got a jump start, because my wife and I are the first two people to sign up. Written annoucements will be sent today. Therefore, if you want to get in on it before it fills up, call Nicole today and purchase your tickets! The direct number is 312-674-5391.

Deuce

Sounds awesome and I would love to be there, but I have a game in South Bend that night. Play a game of catch fo rme, Deuce!

BRDSR
04-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Has anyone ever done this? It seems so bizarre to me. A bunch of people sleeping on Roger's perfectly manicured outfield the night before a day game? It seems like a Veeck promotion to me.

Brian26
04-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Has anyone ever done this? It seems so bizarre to me. A bunch of people sleeping on Roger's perfectly manicured outfield the night before a day game? It seems like a Veeck promotion to me.

Yeah, there's a bizarre part that I'm curious about too. How much separation is there between people? What if some pervert walks over and plops down a sleeping bag 5' from you and your spouse? And does everyone go to sleep at the same time, or do some idiots keep everyone else w/ noise or running around? It seems like a cool idea, but I'm curious about how it is structured.

ChiSox Fan 68
04-22-2005, 01:35 PM
My husband and I did it two years ago and it was one of my greatest baseball experiences. They let everyone on to the field about the same time so most people are spaced evenly throughout the field. There were probably about 15 to 20 feet between groups. After an evening of playing catch in the outfield, mingling with former Sox players, and having lots to eat and drink, everyone pretty much settled into their sleeping bags for the midnight showing of "Field of Dreams". I fell asleep about halfway through the movie. We woke up around 3am and it was pretty quiet, except for a few kids too excited to sleep. But everyone is so well behaved that there we found there were no problems with excessive noise or disruptions.

I'm absolutely crushed that we can't do it this year (we'll be on vacation). I highly, highly recommend doing the sleepover to my fellow Sox fans. Unless you experience it, you can't imagine what it is like, snug in your sleeping bag in the right field grass, munching on popcorn, watching a classic baseball movie on the jumbotron - what a magical experience!

The Racehorse
04-22-2005, 01:44 PM
My husband and I did it two years ago and it was one of my greatest baseball experiences. They let everyone on to the field about the same time so most people are spaced evenly throughout the field. There were probably about 15 to 20 feet between groups. After an evening of playing catch in the outfield, mingling with former Sox players, and having lots to eat and drink, everyone pretty much settled into their sleeping bags for the midnight showing of "Field of Dreams". I fell asleep about halfway through the movie. We woke up around 3am and it was pretty quiet, except for a few kids too excited to sleep. But everyone is so well behaved that there we found there were no problems with excessive noise or disruptions.

I'm absolutely crushed that we can't do it this year (we'll be on vacation). I highly, highly recommend doing the sleepover to my fellow Sox fans. Unless you experience it, you can't imagine what it is like, snug in your sleeping bag in the right field grass, munching on popcorn, watching a classic baseball movie on the jumbotron - what a magical experience!

At first blush, the idea seems silly... but I remember reading that sleepover night '02 ended up being quite the success... pretty cool if you ask me. :gulp:

pinwheels3530
04-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Does anyone know it kids have to be a certain age to attend?

Knockoutinthepar
04-22-2005, 04:20 PM
:(: I'm poor

Dub25
04-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Does anyone know it kids have to be a certain age to attend?

I don't recall an age limit but the kids who were there in 02 were well behaved. They were in heaven just like I was that night.

cwsox
04-25-2005, 08:17 PM

Deuce

ypu are my hero, you are like a god, you are the most wonderful human being in human history

Because of your post, I called Nicole over the weekend and left a message on her voice mail and she called me today and my grandson and I are going to the overnight

He remembers the last one as one of the best nights of his life - so do I - and he has wanted to go again and thanks to you we are going!!!!!!!!!

(I have moved since two years ago and by the time the mail might have caught with me, it could well have been too late to sign up.)

One of the highlights of two years ago is we got interviewed for the MLB report -- my grandson has the same last name as a famous now with Boston then with Arizona pitcher, and because we live in Michigan, and the reporter said, "I bet you cheer for the Tigers and Diamondbacks too" and my grandson drew up to his full 8 year old height and pronounced in definitve tone, "I am a White Sox fan."