PDA

View Full Version : 12-4

Bucky F. Dent
04-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Whodda thunk it. The pitching has been the key, IMHO.

Flub fans will tell ya ta shut your yap cuz its only April, but at the end of the year, when your fighting to make the playoffs, strong starts like this make the difference.

I don't remember the stat exactly, but the general thought is that, while teams that start hot aren't guaranteed a playoff berth. Teams that start cold essentially doom themselves.

Go Go Sox!

Whitesox029
04-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Whodda thunk it. The pitching has been the key, IMHO.

Flub fans will tell ya ta shut your yap cuz its onlya April, but at the end of the year, when your fighting to make the playoffs, strong starts like this make the difference.

I don't remember the stat exactly, but the general thought is that, while teams that start hot aren't guaranteed a playoff berth. Teams that start cold essentially doom themselves.

Go Go Sox!
Exactly. To paraphrase a common saying, "You can't win it in April but you sure as hell can lose it."

Ron Karkovice
04-21-2005, 10:51 PM
one of my "very intelligent" cub fans came up to me bragging that the cubs won last night against the cardinals... I said yes, good job... Zambrano is a great pitcher, and i mentioned that the white sox also won... Being the intelligent guy he is he started goin off on me how they beat a crappy team! I just walked away. It is people like this who make me happy when the cubs lose, like they did today. Now tomorrow, I won't have to hear him brag, I will still ask him to name a cubs player from a previous team in the early 90s besides Sosa or Mark Grace and he always gets pissed off...:redneck