PDA

View Full Version : Sox getting love on Yankees message board

Whitesox029
04-21-2005, 05:53 PM
http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=81855
I'm registered here as are a number of other Sox fans. If any team's fans can recognize a good ballclub it's Yankee fans.

soxtalker
04-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Hmm... It's nice to see the positive comments from their fans. However, they also brought up one somewhat alarming factor about the Twins (all the guys on DL) that I hadn't seen emphasized here. If the Twinkies are playing this well with players sidelined, they might be even tougher when they come back.
It is interesting. Most of the comments from the media that favor the Twins seem to rely upon the history of the past few years. (I.e., the Twins have beaten us out in the last few years, so they will continue to do so.) A discussion of their injuries, however, is probably much more relevant. Maybe I just missed it in the media write-ups, though I doubt it was emphasized. In contrast, it was the primary comment in the NY fan board.

Epark84
04-21-2005, 06:27 PM
while its true the twins do have some guys dinged up lets not forget that the sox are missing thomas who is better than anyone the twinkies are missing. Balfour is always hurt. Silva will be back soon.

VivaOzzie
04-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Wow, cant believe how knowledgeable those guys are. That one dude knew all our 5th starters from last season, pretty damn good! Makes you realize that ESPN is so biased just for the ratings...

I have a newfound respect for the Yanks and their fans!

Soxzilla
04-21-2005, 06:32 PM
They really aren't missing anybody, technically. Justin Morneau has been their biggest loss, but the man in his place, Terry Tiffee, is just as good at making contact. He may not hit the homers that Morneau does, but when have the twins ever relied on those?

Carlos Silva isn't really that good, sorry I just don't see it. He started off great last year, but when he ran into the White Sox and got shelled, he came back down to earth... and then plummetted into the core a bit after that. Grassner came up and pitched a gem his first start, then got rocked in his second. Same thing probably would have happened to Silva, I foresee a +5.00 ERA this year from that man.

And Grant Balfour sucks. That would be the equivalent of us losing Cotts or Adkins. I mean, his name is BALLFOUR, I'm not sure how that isn't a direct sign from the gods.

I'd rather have a healthy Frank then all of those guys combined.:smile: Granted Carl has made the pain of Frank's missing presence MUCH MUCH easier to cope with.

Epark84
04-21-2005, 06:35 PM
They really aren't missing anybody, technically. Justin Morneau has been their biggest loss, but the man in his place, Terry Tiffee, is just as good at making contact. He may not hit the homers that Morneau does, but when have the twins ever relied on those?

Carlos Silva isn't really that good, sorry I just don't see it. He started off great last year, but when he ran into the White Sox and got shelled, he came back down to earth... and then plummetted into the core a bit after that. Grassner came up and pitched a gem his first start, then got rocked in his second. Same thing probably would have happened to Silva, I foresee a +5.00 ERA this year from that man.

And Grant Balfour sucks. That would be the equivalent of us losing Cotts or Adkins. I mean, his name is BALLFOUR, I'm not sure how that isn't a direct sign from the gods.

I'd rather have a healthy Frank then all of those guys combined.:smile: Granted Carl has made the pain of Frank's missing presence MUCH MUCH easier to cope with.

I forgot about morneau, but then again tiffee has been hitting the **** out of the ball

Ol' No. 2
04-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Hmm... It's nice to see the positive comments from their fans. However, they also brought up one somewhat alarming factor about the Twins (all the guys on DL) that I hadn't seen emphasized here. If the Twinkies are playing this well with players sidelined, they might be even tougher when they come back.
It is interesting. Most of the comments from the media that favor the Twins seem to rely upon the history of the past few years. (I.e., the Twins have beaten us out in the last few years, so they will continue to do so.) A discussion of their injuries, however, is probably much more relevant. Maybe I just missed it in the media write-ups, though I doubt it was emphasized. In contrast, it was the primary comment in the NY fan board.Who's out? Silva missed a couple of starts, and he isn't exactly dominating. BallFour is not that good, either. If their season depends on Morneau, they're in trouble.

Huisj
04-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Wow, cant believe how knowledgeable those guys are. That one dude knew all our 5th starters from last season, pretty damn good! Makes you realize that ESPN is so biased just for the ratings...

That dude is from Champaign. Could he be one of the "great number of Chisox fans on the forum"?

GiveMeSox
04-21-2005, 07:58 PM
It is interesting. Most of the comments from the media that favor the Twins seem to rely upon the history of the past few years. (I.e., the Twins have beaten us out in the last few years, so they will continue to do so.) A discussion of their injuries, however, is probably much more relevant. Maybe I just missed it in the media write-ups, though I doubt it was emphasized. In contrast, it was the primary comment in the NY fan board.

Lets not forget the twins doing there little late inning Magic thing today was against the royals. The royals blew the lead like 3 seperate times in the game, you could see it coming. They lost cuz they kept walking people and bringing in garbage relivers to face major league hitters. THe silver lining is look how hard of a time the twins had today at putting the lowly royals away. Sheesh it shoujldn't even take late inning magic.

santo=dorf
04-21-2005, 08:18 PM
That dude is from Champaign. Could he be one of the "great number of Chisox fans on the forum"?
:redneck

Whitesox029
04-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Lets not forget the twins doing there little late inning Magic thing today was against the royals. The royals blew the lead like 3 seperate times in the game, you could see it coming. They lost cuz they kept walking people and bringing in garbage relivers to face major league hitters. THe silver lining is look how hard of a time the twins had today at putting the lowly royals away. Sheesh it shoujldn't even take late inning magic.
The Twins required all of their 10 runs to defeat the Royals. A better pitching staff than Kansas City's would have at least held them to 8 for the victory.

batmanZoSo
04-21-2005, 10:37 PM

Well that looks like the NY version of WSI, so I'm not surprised they know what they're talking about. They run a tight ship like our mods do from what I hear. Isn't this the site that requires an essay to get registration?

cubhater
04-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Well that looks like the NY version of WSI, so I'm not surprised they know what they're talking about. They run a tight ship like our mods do from what I hear. Isn't this the site that requires an essay to get registration?

I'm a member there and you're right, the mods run a tight, but fair, sight. Really good, knowledgeable Yankee fans there.

I think the site youre referring about is Sons of Sam Horn run by Red Sox fans.

Whitesox029
04-21-2005, 10:43 PM
I didn't have to write an essay, but you can't start threads until you have 100 posts of 1 year of membership, whichever comes first...Aidan/Jabroni would have it in 3 days.

Kuzman
04-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Browsing around thier boards I liked the The Midseason Acquisition Thread (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=81890) where they were targeting Carlos Lee and just about everyone else to come to the yankees. I had a chuckle when I saw that, is this how yankee fans are always lookin for the big names to go to the Bronx midseason or is this just speculation becuase of the mediocre start that they have had this early season?

elrod
04-22-2005, 09:12 AM
The loss of Morneau hasn't hurt at all because Tiffee's done great. Silva will be a bigger issue. If he can really bounce back then they'll be tough over the long haul. If not, they'll have trouble, especially now that Gassner has been revealed. Jacque Jones and the superb bullpen are carrying that team right now.

mikehuff
04-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Silva will be back soon.
Isn't Silva out for the year?

JoseCanseco6969
04-22-2005, 12:47 PM
http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=81855
I'm registered here as are a number of other Sox fans. If any team's fans can recognize a good ballclub it's Yankee fans.

I agree. I used to hate the yankees for obviously being so good, but they sure have a great fanbase with knowledgable fans. The fans at the cell when we play the Yanks are great, unlike their rival assclowns the blow sox.
I for one always root for the Yanks. Hope to see them turn it around.

Unregistered
04-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Isn't Silva out for the year?He's actually starting tonight against the Tigers.