PDA

View Full Version : Question on Sox tickets!

Ron Karkovice
04-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Hey everyone, Sorry if this has been a reoccuring thread but I was basically wondering if anyone has ever purchased White Sox tickets from stubhub.com... I need around 8 tickets for a the sox game may 15 (day-after prom) and the best tickets available from the sox website are in the upperdeck... is subhub a good, safe option to get hooked up with better tickets?

billnahorodny
04-21-2005, 04:09 PM
I've bought and sold tickets there many times. Definitely a good safe option. I went to the game on Friday night with stubhub tickets...four in the premium club level including parking and stadium club passes for less than face.

jabrch
04-21-2005, 04:12 PM
The good things about Stubhub are
1) Very good customer service
2) Guaranteed transactions
3) Money back refund in case of rain

The bad thing about Stubhub
1) It can be EXPENSIVE
2) It can be REALLY EXPENSIVE
3) It can be SUPER REALLY EXPENSIVE

Why would May 15th be sold out in the lowers? I'd try and call the Sox box office. Sometimes they have stuff that the website doesn't. Or sometimes they can put you in 4 seats behind 4 others. Or sometimes, if you get the right folks, they can "magically" find some seats somewhere.

Ron Karkovice
04-21-2005, 04:12 PM
I've bought and sold tickets there many times. Definitely a good safe option. I went to the game on Friday night with stubhub tickets...four in the premium club level including parking and stadium club passes for less than face.

thanks for the reply. I can probably easily find this information on the stubhub website but can you give me a brief procedure of how it works? Do I basically give my credit card information and then it will tell me the tickets are mine, and then do they get mailed to me, or will we have to pick them up at the park?

Ron Karkovice
04-21-2005, 04:15 PM
The good things about Stubhub are

Why would May 15th be sold out in the lowers? I'd try and call the Sox box office. Sometimes they have stuff that the website doesn't. Or sometimes they can put you in 4 seats behind 4 others. Or sometimes, if you get the right folks, they can "magically" find some seats somewhere.

I was wondering the same thing... it will be crowded due to it being a Sunday game and against Sosa's new team... but there has to be lower deck options.. I think i will try and call the Sox box office, i just have to search fot that phone number too.

Ron Karkovice
04-21-2005, 04:17 PM
The only offer i would be interested in is in section 162 (left field bleachers) but they are priced 10 dollars over the regular price each... the best seats left on the website is section 533 (upper deck behind home plate)

jabrch
04-21-2005, 04:18 PM
I was wondering the same thing... it will be crowded due to it being a Sunday game and against Sosa's new team... but there has to be lower deck options.. I think i will try and call the Sox box office, i just have to search fot that phone number too.

866 SOX GAME

jabrch
04-21-2005, 04:20 PM
thanks for the reply. I can probably easily find this information on the stubhub website but can you give me a brief procedure of how it works? Do I basically give my credit card information and then it will tell me the tickets are mine, and then do they get mailed to me, or will we have to pick them up at the park?

After you pay with your credit card, the tickets are Fed Exed to you. You will have them in your hands in a few days.

billnahorodny
04-21-2005, 04:22 PM
I know they have auctions but I've never bought tickets that way...so I'm really not sure how that works. I've always bought them using the fixed price. With that it's just like any online purchase. You choose your tickets, enter your CC, the guy that's selling them is notified that his tickets have sold, they create a FedEx shipping label, he prints it, drops the tickets into the envelope and you get them a couple days later.

The bad thing about Stubhub
1) It can be EXPENSIVE
2) It can be REALLY EXPENSIVE
3) It can be SUPER REALLY EXPENSIVE

Definitely true! I think it's partly because of the 15% fee they put on sellers. You just have to look for the bargains. Obviously a lot depends on the game you choose. I think a lot of season ticket holders put their seats up there just to get rid of them and not to make obscene profits.

cubsuck
04-21-2005, 08:57 PM

You're soooo right...if you can get past the gate keeper...you'll probably be able to get some great tickets. If you can make it down to the Box Office I know for a fact their ticketmaster software can search for 4 on top of 4. That's waaay better anyways than sitting in a row of 8...you can't socialize in a row of 8.

I went to a SOX game after my prom too. We rode the South Shore Line into the game...gggreat memories. Just make sure you stay for the whole game...the ladies tend to want to bail early :angry:

I work for a professional sports team...I know that we keep a TON of tickets on hold and then release them as the game date gets closer. Just keep annoying the BO, or keep checking ticketmaster DAILY or a few times a day.

...and remember...NOTHING IS EVER SOLD OUT! :)

Ron Karkovice
04-21-2005, 09:54 PM
You're soooo right...if you can get past the gate keeper...you'll probably be able to get some great tickets. If you can make it down to the Box Office I know for a fact their ticketmaster software can search for 4 on top of 4. That's waaay better anyways than sitting in a row of 8...you can't socialize in a row of 8.

I went to a SOX game after my prom too. We rode the South Shore Line into the game...gggreat memories. Just make sure you stay for the whole game...the ladies tend to want to bail early :angry:

I work for a professional sports team...I know that we keep a TON of tickets on hold and then release them as the game date gets closer. Just keep annoying the BO, or keep checking ticketmaster DAILY or a few times a day.

...and remember...NOTHING IS EVER SOLD OUT! :)

Well we settled for 10 tickets above home plate in the upper deck... we will prally check game day if we can switch for better tickets and pay the extra money... South Shore line, what's that? Now all we have to do is find a way to get there. We will either take a couple cars with people who have no idea how to get there or something else.

ewokpelts
04-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Well we settled for 10 tickets above home plate in the upper deck... we will prally check game day if we can switch for better tickets and pay the extra money... South Shore line, what's that? Now all we have to do is find a way to get there. We will either take a couple cars with people who have no idea how to get there or something else.
dont buy from a scalper....you can upgrade ur tix at the bo
Gene

Ron Karkovice
04-21-2005, 11:32 PM
dont buy from a scalper....you can upgrade ur tix at the bo
Gene

yeah, that's what the lady said when i called the box office.