PDA

View Full Version : Comerica vs USCF

jabrch
04-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Can you imagine if we played in a park like Comerica? Mark didn't have it today - but he kept the ball in the park pretty much. If he was in USCF some of those flys might not have stayed in. But can you imagine our team ERA if we played there 81 games a year? Wow...

IlliniSox
04-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Easy for me to say now that I screamed when they moved the fences in at the Cell, but I look at it as both teams' pitchers get to start in the same stadium on the same day with the same wind and dimensions-be it Coors or Wrigley or the Polo Grounds.

Remember,
Crede would have had a long one today if they played it at the Cell.

jabrch
04-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Easy for me to say now that I screamed when they moved the fences in at the Cell, but I look at it as both teams' pitchers get to start in the same stadium on the same day with the same wind and dimensions-be it Coors or Wrigley or the Polo Grounds.

Remember,
Crede would have had a long one today if they played it at the Cell.

On any given day - I agree...

My point was that I was wondering what our pitching staff's stats would look like. At the end of the day unless you really tailor your team to your park (recent Twins or 80s Cardinals) you are right that it is hardly an advantage, if at all.

batmanZoSo
04-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Can you imagine if we played in a park like Comerica? Mark didn't have it today - but he kept the ball in the park pretty much. If he was in USCF some of those flys might not have stayed in. But can you imagine our team ERA if we played there 81 games a year? Wow...

They got a chainlink fence now cutting off half the outfield. It seems the only deep part is center now.

kevingrt
04-21-2005, 03:27 PM
On any given day - I agree...

My point was that I was wondering what our pitching staff's stats would look like. At the end of the day unless you really tailor your team to your park (recent Twins or 80s Cardinals) you are right that it is hardly an advantage, if at all.

I would think our ERA would probably be down a lot. W-L would prob be the same because of the previous post but yeah our pitching stats I believe would look much sexier.

GiveMeSox
04-21-2005, 07:01 PM
I just dont like Comerica because of the seating bowl. I was there in 2003 for a game and we sat like 4th row behind 3rd base line. Good seats but the lower deck is weird. Its really really long and the slope is very short. There are like 40 rows in the LD and its really annoying to have to walk that far up and down to get to the concourse. The LD is also split up weird into seating sections. I just didn't think it was a very efficent or unique design it seemed really out of place to me.

Rocklive99
04-21-2005, 09:13 PM
I think Comerica sucks, everyone always rips the Cell, but Comerica seems to get a pass. What's so special? Oh, how awesome, there's a path from the mound to the plate! Plus we always get blasted about the name being "U.S. Cellular," ummm, this just in, Comerica and almost every other baseball park is corporate sponsored