PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 4/21/05 post-game thread: Sweep the Tigers!

SOXintheBURGH
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Woohoo! :bandance:

SoxWillWin
04-21-2005, 02:27 PM
YES!!!!!!!!
4 in a row

elrod
04-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Beautiful. We lose this game last year. I don't know how, but we lose it.

Shingo's smile at the end was priceless. He had Rondell fooled silly and the other two hit it weakly. He looked like Shingo of last year and looked great.

Brian26
12-4. Just remember- every game we win in April is one less game we need to worry about in September. Keep it rolling...

SABRSox
Big game for Shingo. Go Sox!!!

patbooyah
double broomle

Stroker Ace
04-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Good outings by Buehrle, Hermanson, and Shingo

SOX WIN! YESSSSS!!!!!

DaveIsHere
04-21-2005, 02:29 PM
NIce to see Shingo get right back in there and get it done

jabrch
04-21-2005, 02:30 PM
:winner

Brian26
04-21-2005, 02:30 PM
NIce to see Shingo get right back in there and get it done

Hermanson did a hell of a job to recover from the 1st and 2nd with nobody out in the 8th.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-21-2005, 02:31 PM
WOW, that Cleveland and Detroit hitting is everything we heard about all winter. All the National writers are genius's. We should concede the division right now. Back to reality, what a pitching staff!!!!

converted
Sox Win!!!! 4 In A Row!!!! 2 Sweeps!!!! Bring It On Kc!!!!
:D: :D: :D: :D:

HomeFish
12-4. That's historic, folks.

If we keep this rate of winning up...well, good things will follow.

Ol' No. 2
04-21-2005, 02:32 PM
How Sweep It Is!!!!!!

NSSoxFan
VERY NICE!

GO SOX! Keep it coming...

:bandance: :gulp: :bandance:

voodoochile
I am stunned beyond belief at how cool this all is. I was hoping for a good start, but this is out of the world amazing. This team has so many gamers. All the different guys picking each other up. Stunning stuff.

12-4
4 in a row
Won every series they've played this year including two straight short series sweeps of division rivals who were picked to make runs at the division crown.

Hats of to you White Sox. Keep it going...:bandance:

BeerHandle
IT'S SHINGO TIME! GONG!

MIgrenade
04-21-2005, 02:33 PM
It's great that Shingo not only went 1-2-3 but he had guys fooled. Haven't seen it much this year.

Hangar18
12-4. Just remember- every game we win in April is one less game we need to worry about in September. Keep it rolling...

WOW. What Im liking here, is the more we keep winning, the more
CONFIDENCE this team gets. This is turning into a snowball rolling downhill...
Cant tell you guys how HAPPY this makes me !!!!!! 12-4 !!!!!
Best Start since 1934 !!!!!!!!
And the Media instead will ignore us tomorrow ........

Mickster
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_124693.jpg
"I am going to change my picks for the A.L. Central.....
.............I think it will between us and the Royals!"

dcb33
What a great win and series. I was worried going into Detroit that we would fall flat against them like we have the last couple of years when we had no business losing to them, but my fears have certainly been eased.

voodoochile
04-21-2005, 02:34 PM
oh and one other thing...

:sweep <--------------for the Kitties

:sweep <--------------for the Twinkies

Ol' No. 2
This should move the Sox up in the power rankings to at least 12th.

santo=dorf
:sweep :sweep

Stroker Ace
SOX WIN! YESSSSS!!!!!

AND THE ScRubs LOSE!!!!!

nebraskasox
04-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Shingo looked like he had higher velocity on the fast ball. Anyone know what he was clocked at?

Great, fundamental, grind it out, keep the pressure on, game.

Kogs35
04-21-2005, 02:35 PM
whoo hoo nice job guys this ones for u :gulp: :gulp: :bandance:

CellBlockInmate
04-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Best start since '35:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Cowch44
04-21-2005, 02:36 PM
I really thought this would be a loss, and everytime the Sox got a hit I figured they wouldn't score. Thank God I was wrong!:D:

batmanZoSo
04-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Great job of bailing Buehrle out late in the game. Looks like he's gonna be dominant, average, dominant, average (or better like today). It's nice to see him get a W when he's not 100% for a change.

DaleJRFan
04-21-2005, 02:37 PM
another one-run win... and a come from behind win at that!!

So where are all the Crede-haters now???

Chisox003
04-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Sox Win

Cubs Lose

Lets go Royals....Eww

chaz171
04-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Without trying to sound like Jeff Torborg, This team has character..... We could have something really special to watch this summer....

And hopefully this fall too!

nebraskasox
04-21-2005, 02:39 PM

Joltin' Joe is hitting .296 !!! With a 12 game streak.

Soxzilla
04-21-2005, 02:40 PM
You all should thank me,the one SOXZILLA, as I tuned into the game just in time to see PODS game winning single.:redneck:redneck

I'm like a charm bracelet... only with spikes, because that would be more manly.

mrwag
04-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Without trying to sound like Jeff Torborg, This team has character..... We could have something really special to watch this summer....

And hopefully this fall too!
Nothing wrong with sounding like Torborg.

Unregistered
04-21-2005, 02:41 PM
You all should thank me,the one SOXZILLA, as I tuned into the game just in time to see PODS game winning single.:redneck:redneck

I'm like a charm bracelet... only with spikes, because that would be more manly.And me as well... I turned the game OFF after Bonderman retired his 12th straight batter. :D:

SoxWillWin
Without trying to sound like Jeff Torborg,

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

SSN721
What a gem. great game, I thought after blowing a golden opportunity in the firstit might not be our day, glad I was proven wrong. Props all around, Podzilla, Burlymon, Hermenson, Shingo, great game fellas. Lets keep it going, take some games from the Royals. Great win, 12-4, Unbeleivable.

jabrch

as long as you are out searching for Crede-Haters, let me know if you find any of these other endangered species...

The KW-Haters
The Fire-Ozzies
The Shingo-Sucksers
The Iguchi is Overmatched Crowd
The Cubans are too Old Whiners
The We Don't Take Enough Walkers
The JR is Cheapers
The UD is too Steepers
The Neighborhoood is Dangerousers

Winning cures a lot of problems...

soxtalker
04-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Shingo looked like he had higher velocity on the fast ball. Anyone know what he was clocked at?

Great, fundamental, grind it out, keep the pressure on, game.

I don't know about the speed, but it ooked like he had better control than in the games he's struggled. Also, I suspect that the spacious Comerica Park is a good place for him to pitch.

jabrch

I'm like a charm bracelet... only with spikes, because that would be more manly.

Yeah - a guy with a spiked bracelt....the first thing I'd think of is not "manly"

SoxWillWin
Joltin' Joe is hitting .296 !!! With a 12 game streak.

Hope he can keep this up, If he didn't get that single pods just drives in AJ and we'd be in extra inning right now.

halfpricemonday
SHHHH!!!!

Lets wait until after the game to talk about it.

True dat! I definitely learned my lesson about that last night! :smile:

Timely hitting and solid pitching. Tell me again why the national media says this can't last?

chaz171
04-21-2005, 02:43 PM
as long as you are out searching for Crede-Haters, let me know if you find any of these other endangered species...

The KW-Haters
The Fire-Ozzies
The Shingo-Sucksers
The Iguchi is Overmatched Crowd
The Cubans are too Old Whiners
The We Don't Take Enough Walkers
The JR is Cheapers
The UD is too Steepers
The Neighborhoood is Dangerousers

Winning cures a lot of problems...

And I still don't have enough ice in my maitai!!!!!!!!!

DaleJRFan
04-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah - a guy with a spiked bracelt....the first thing I'd think of is not "manly"

you mean like these guys???

http://www.nuclearblastusa.com/bands/immortal/immortal.jpg

TaylorStSox
04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
I don't know about the speed, but it ooked like he had better control than in the games he's struggled. Also, I suspect that the spacious Comerica Park is a good place for him to pitch.

The Ligre's helped him out a ton by chasing pitches. He couldn't have thrown more than 8 pitches the entire inning. Nothing like facing some free swingers to help you out of a funk.

Why in the hell is Bobby "worst contract in baseball" Higginson trying to lay down a bunt in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs? I'd be livid if one of our power hitters did that.

danjames
04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
WOW. What Im liking here, is the more we keep winning, the more
CONFIDENCE this team gets. This is turning into a snowball rolling downhill...
Cant tell you guys how HAPPY this makes me !!!!!! 12-4 !!!!!
Best Start since 1934 !!!!!!!!
And the Media instead will ignore us tomorrow ........

I have heard this from a number of places, so I'm not trying to single you out Hangar, but I checked up on 1934 and there's no way this is our best start since that year. In 1934 we had 18 losses before we won our 12th game. Link here: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/schedule.php?y=1934&t=CHA.

So, I'm not sure why this is being reported.

batmanZoSo
04-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Or these guys.

http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesD/demolition.jpg

Rocky Soprano
04-21-2005, 02:49 PM
I have heard this from a number of places, so I'm not trying to single you out Hangar, but I checked up on 1934 and there's no way this is our best start since that year. In 1934 we had 18 losses before we won our 12th game. Link here: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/schedule.php?y=1934&t=CHA.

So, I'm not sure why this is being reported.

The correct year is 1935, the Sox went 13-4

ChiSoxRowand
04-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Is it just me, or is the Tigers PA announcer the worst PA announcer of all time?

DaleJRFan
Or these guys.

Here's the real deal:

http://www.nuclearblastusa.com/bands/gorgoroth/band.jpg

Unregistered
Or these guys.

http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesD/demolition.jpgNothing like spiked leather chaps with matching black nut-huggers to scream "MAN!"

SOXintheBURGH
04-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Or these guys.

Here comes the Ax
and here comes the Smasher
we're Demolition
and we're coming to get ya

:gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
04-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Oh, please, people. These games obviously mean nothing. Just because we're beating teams in our division like a rented mule won't help us win our division.

Get a grip.

:gulp:

jabrch
04-21-2005, 02:54 PM
you mean like these guys???

http://www.nuclearblastusa.com/bands/immortal/immortal.jpg

Actually, I had dinner down on Broadway and Belmont yesterday - I was thinking more along those lines.

infohawk
04-21-2005, 02:55 PM
For what it's worth, there is some serious wailing and gnashing of teeth going on over at the Tiger's official MLB message board. They want Trammel fired, Higginson gone, some are trashing their radio announcers and they are furious that so many of the Tiger's games are blacked out. One guy referred to the Tiger's as a "bush league" operation. They feel sorry for Percival and one guy thinks he should have visited some more teams. Just kind of funny. If anyone goes over there, don't antagonize them. They are upset enough.

Surprising that hardly anyone seems to be upset about the Ordonez situation.

Ol' No. 2
Sisco in for KC... The Cubs would probably like to have him back!1-2-3 in the bottom 8th. Let's get it started, Tony G!!!!!!

jabrch
Nothing like spiked leather chaps with matching black nut-huggers to scream "MAN!"

ROTFLMAO

SoxWillWin
beating a rented mule????? someone make a tag.

:rolling::rolling:

Flight #24
04-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Yeah, Flight. I appreciate the compliment but somehow I don't think me typing in 7 point type on a message board stopped the Royals from scoring the go-ahead run.

And with that... I bring you RAIN! :tongue:

No see, because you typed in 7-point type, you made bad things happen. If you were in Germany and typed in 7-point type, good things would happen. But we're not, so.......

:wink:

Ol' No. 2
04-21-2005, 02:57 PM
...some are trashing their radio announcers.You mean that doesn't just happen on the North Side of Chicago?:o::o::o:

Ol' No. 2
04-21-2005, 02:58 PM
No see, because you typed in 7-point type, you made bad things happen. If you were in Germany and typed in 7-point type, good things would happen. But we're not, so.......

:wink:No, it's the same in Germany. It's different in the Southern Hemisphere.:redneck

elrod
04-21-2005, 02:58 PM
1919 and 1935 the Sox started 13-4. That's the best start in club history.

Ol' No. 2
04-21-2005, 02:59 PM
*^$&%@! Matt Stairs!!! Where's Mendy Lopez when we need him?:tongue:

DumpJerry
04-21-2005, 02:59 PM
:angry: :angry: KISS OF DEATH!!!!! :angry: :angry:

Never mention the Twinkies before the game is over. If they are down by 10 with 2 outs and 2 strikes in the 9th, they fill wind a way to win it!
Espcially if the other team brings in Mike Jackson and then Billy Koch. It will take only three batters.

ode to veeck
04-21-2005, 03:00 PM

So, two more wins would be unprecedented ...

Church Turtle
04-21-2005, 03:01 PM

So a sweep of KC means an absolute best start in team history. Sounds good.:bandance:

StockdaleForVeep
04-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Or these guys.

I prefer these guys

http://members.aol.com/dropkixx/images/bushwackers.jpg

Maximo
04-21-2005, 03:03 PM
As has been already mentioned, this is a game that the Sox of the past couple of years would have lost.

Had Bonderman on the "ropes" in the first inning and let him off the hook. Then he went through the order like it was nothing....... Uribe and Rowland looked clueless their first couple of at bats.

Buerhle wasn't sharp....got 'squeezed' early and then got too fine. However, he kept it together and the bullpen did their job.

Sox bats finally nickeled and dimed themselves back into the lead.......Big Hit by Pods!!

There's something different about these guys.

Only disappointment.....and I know I'm in the minority here....the TV broadcast team is lifeless. What a dull broadcast. I'd hit the mute button and listen to Rooney......but that means also listening to Farmer.
It's really getting to be a difficult decision.

Keep it up Sox!!

daveeym
04-21-2005, 03:05 PM
I prefer these guys

http://members.aol.com/dropkixx/images/bushwackers.jpg I miss those guys.

FarWestChicago
04-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Idiot MacDougal throws the ball into center field with Torii Hunter picked off. LeCroy strikes out though. Hunter on 2nd with one out.Speaking of idiots, this is the Sox post game thread. Take your Twinkie stuff to Talking Baseball. :rolleyes:

Ol' No. 2
04-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Speaking of idiots, this is the Sox post game thread. Take your Twinkie stuff to Talking Baseball. :rolleyes:Oops. I guess we just got carried away.:redface:

ode to veeck
04-21-2005, 03:31 PM
good to see shingo close one out in form today

Lip Man 1
04-21-2005, 03:53 PM
The 'baseball gods' are smiling on the Sox and their long suffering fans thank them all very much.

They are catching all the breaks like Konerko's bad hop RBI single and making their own, Posednik's two run single. Ride it out boys as long as you can. As Crash Davis says 'you have to respect the streak...'

Serious question / comment though.

I have seen this every game that's on WGN-TV, at least once or twice a game they will be late coming out of the break back to the action. They missed the pitch to White on his home run (getting back with the ball in flight) and two other times there was already a pitch or two thrown to a hitter.

Anybody know why this is? I know MLB is speeding things up, so is it that friggin' important to show another lame Geico commercial or goofy Lamisel?

Also I don't watch the Cubs but if anybody has, do they have trouble coming out of commenrcial breaks? I'm wondering if this is simply a problem with the Sox director?

Lip

SoxxoS
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
I can't believe we are 12-4 when Rowand, Uribe and Dye look like overmatched AA players at the plate.

Is Joe Crede carrying this team? :o:

itsnotrequired
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM

I have seen this every game that's on WGN-TV, at least once or twice a game they will be late coming out of the break back to the action. They missed the pitch to White on his home run (getting back with the ball in flight) and two other times there was already a pitch or two thrown to a hitter.

Anybody know why this is? I know MLB is speeding things up, so is it that friggin' important to show another lame Geico commercial or goofy Lamisel?

Also I don't watch the Cubs but if anybody has, do they have trouble coming out of commenrcial breaks? I'm wondering if this is simply a problem with the Sox director?

Lip

Same problem with the Cubs. WGN needs to get it together.

Unregistered
04-21-2005, 03:56 PM

I just assumed it was because MB pitches so damn fast, that he's just getting the ball and throwing it when he walks to the mound to start the inning. I haven't noticed it with other pitchers, but it's entirely posssible that WGN just blows. :?:

Ol' No. 2
04-21-2005, 03:57 PM
The 'baseball gods' are smiling on the Sox and their long suffering fans thank them all very much.

They are catching all the breaks like Konerko's bad hop RBI single and making their own, Posednik's two run single. Ride it out boys as long as you can. As Crash Davis says 'you have to respect the streak...'

LipMLB has shortened the time between innings, but the networks are still trying to sandwich in the same number of commercials. So yes, you can thank the gecko.

Iwritecode
04-21-2005, 04:00 PM

Lip

Yes, the Cubs have the same problem. It's mentioned in one of the "from the cubicle" articles 2 or 3 times at least.

WGN needs to get their act together.

PicktoCLick72
04-21-2005, 04:03 PM
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_124693.jpg
" Since its gonna be us and the Injuns at the end of the year, i really didn't think it was important for me to get a hit in the 8th."

batmanZoSo
04-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Yes, the Cubs have the same problem. It's mentioned in one of the "from the cubicle" articles 2 or 3 times at least.

WGN needs to get their act together.

All they need to do is direct the announcers to get out of the inning quicker. They're only a few seconds late every time.

Actually Hawk has always been brief when recapping a half inning, usually just says something like "after one no score."

balke
04-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Is Joe Crede carrying this team? :o:

He and a few others. They play as a team, and produce as a team. Joe, Everett, Gooch, and Kong have been studs. Uribe has helped do the little things for us at the bottom of the order (sac flies, bunts).

The D and pitching has won us these games, we've overcome the bad defensive plays, and the bad pitched innings. We've still taken it to some great pitchers.

batmanZoSo
04-21-2005, 04:13 PM
He and a few others. They play as a team, and produce as a team. Joe, Everett, Gooch, and Kong have been studs. Uribe has helped do the little things for us at the bottom of the order (sac flies, bunts).

The D and pitching has won us these games, we've overcome the bad defensive plays, and the bad pitched innings. We've still taken it to some great pitchers.

We're just playing smart winning baseball, getting the hits we need and doing the little things we need to do. People can't fathom how we're winning without clobbering the ball. Guess what, it happens. This is what the Twins have been doing for the last four years.

TaylorStSox
04-21-2005, 04:19 PM

Totally OT:

But........I'm sorry guys. This "Gooch" nickname is horrible. The word "Gooch" is synomonous with the "taint." Personally, I wouldn't want to be named after that part of a person's body. Maybe that's just me though. I donno.

MRKARNO
04-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Remember how about a month ago it looked as if we wouldnt even have Buehrle until early May?:)

Unregistered
04-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Hot Carl and Gooch forever! Crazy Carl really has no upside to it... and even the Hawk calls Tads "gooch".

Get your mind out of the gutter! :D:Meanwhile, you're a guy calling another guy "hot." :D:

balke
04-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Meanwhile, you're a guy calling another guy "hot." :D:

Not that there's anything wrong with that

nordhagen
04-21-2005, 04:36 PM
When things like the sixth inning start to happen you do start wondering if maybe it's your year. Instead of another wasted leadoff double with Everett thrown out at third and plodding Paulie on first, the ball takes a crazy hop over Carlos "I'm no Ozzie" Guillen and we get a run and get within one.

Or, when you give up 14 hits in a game and only 1 run and win. I'm trying to curb my optimism but it's tougher to do. And 1-2-3 Shingo, bang a gong!!!

MRKARNO
04-21-2005, 04:44 PM
The Kittens are already 6 games back.
The Toons are already 5.5 games back.

Yup! The AL Central will be a 4 team race this year.

johnnyg83
04-21-2005, 05:30 PM
I was listening to the Detroit postgame feed on MLB.com and you should have heard these fans calling for Trammell's head.

They were complaining about Rodriguez not bunting in the eighth, pulling Bonderman and why the heck was Young playing first base in a close game in the ninth.

The announcers gave the impression that Trammell might truly be on the chopping block.

Ol' No. 2
04-21-2005, 05:40 PM
I was listening to the Detroit postgame feed on MLB.com and you should have heard these fans calling for Trammell's head.

They were complaining about Rodriguez not bunting in the eighth, pulling Bonderman and why the heck was Young playing first base in a close game in the ninth.

The announcer's gavethe impression that Trammell might truly be on the chopping block.What are they beefing about? They'll probably finish within spitting distance of .500, which considering they lost 119 games two years ago, is no mean feat.

Unregistered
04-21-2005, 05:43 PM
What are they beefing about? They'll probably finish within spitting distance of .500, which considering they lost 119 games two years ago, is no mean feat.You must've missed the entire preseason when they all thought they had the division wrapped up. :rolleyes:

Rudy Law
04-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Is Joe Crede carrying this team? :o:[/QUOTE]

YES!!!!!!!

chisoxmike
04-21-2005, 06:34 PM
The Kittens are already 6 games back.
The Toons are already 5.5 games back.

Yup! The AL Central will be a 4 team race this year.

I hate saying this...

Its only April.

MRKARNO
04-21-2005, 06:38 PM
I hate saying this...

Its only April.

I understand, but it's fun to mock the Nat'l media for their general incompetence. I fault them more for the pick of the Tigers than the pick of the Tribe. The Tribe actually looked like they had a good chance to do something this year depending on how you looked at their year last year and their offseason. The Tigers did not. Magglio was going to power their offense.

Corlose 15
04-21-2005, 06:42 PM
I hopped over to motowntigers.com to see some Tigger fan's reactions and a lot of them seemed to think the Sox are just lucky. They also hate Hawk and DJ.

I think its funny how much other fans dislike the Sox broadcast team. Its even funnier when this guys are pissing and moaning after the Sox swept them.:D:

chisoxmike
04-21-2005, 06:47 PM
I understand, but it's fun to mock the Nat'l media for their general incompetence. I fault them more for the pick of the Tigers than the pick of the Tribe. The Tribe actually looked like they had a good chance to do something this year depending on how you looked at their year last year and their offseason. The Tigers did not. Magglio was going to power their offense.

True, true, I love how BBTN wont even show highlights from Sox games that they've won, what jags. But that Brewers/Pirates matchup was something to behold! :rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
04-21-2005, 09:49 PM
I have noticed while flipping through that under the new time constraints, BBTN the 'late' version is only 20 minutes long.

They have been showing roughly one highlight for most of the teams in MLB during that show because they have so little time to work with.

Just trying to be fair.

Lip

Fake Chet Lemon
04-21-2005, 10:04 PM
I hate saying this...

Its only April.

Oh that's right, these games don't count yet.

Ron Karkovice
04-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Oh that's right, these games don't count yet.

Peter Gammons told me that once the season reaches August, Bud Selig erases every teams win/lose record from all of April and even two and a half weeks of May. It's dumb as hell but we have to live with it and start getting excited about wins after May 15...

ode to veeck
04-21-2005, 10:59 PM
:tomatoaward

nice to get the brooms out two series in a row

flo-B-flo
04-21-2005, 11:12 PM
For what it's worth, there is some serious wailing and gnashing of teeth going on over at the Tiger's official MLB message board. They want Trammel fired, Higginson gone, some are trashing their radio announcers and they are furious that so many of the Tiger's games are blacked out. One guy referred to the Tiger's as a "bush league" operation. They feel sorry for Percival and one guy thinks he should have visited some more teams. Just kind of funny. If anyone goes over there, don't antagonize them. They are upset enough.

Surprising that hardly anyone seems to be upset about the Ordonez situation. **** the tigers