View Full Version : ESPN: Nomar out for 3-4 months

Unregistered
04-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Ruptured groin. Ouch. So says ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2042685

Brian26
04-21-2005, 12:31 PM
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:
Boy, they had the World Series locked up before that.

Let's see, we lost Mags and Frank for 3-4 months each last year. So, as far as I'm concerned, they still have one coming. Ramirez? Wood?

Brian26
04-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Hey- but on the bright side, at least Dusty will have a chance to get his guy Neifi Perez into games now. :bandance:

cal1003
04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
OH NO-mar! Maybe it's just a little belly ache like Magglio's...

Rocky Soprano
04-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Why didnt Dusty just put some of his "sacred water" on it and just let him go out and play?

SOXintheBURGH
04-21-2005, 02:33 PM
It's time for the Neifi Perez world tour of destruction to begin.

TaylorStSox
04-21-2005, 02:40 PM
That's too bad. He's a hell of a player. I really thought he'd have a big year.

PatK
04-21-2005, 02:43 PM
But the Cubune says he's only out 2-3 months and will only be on the 15 day disabled list. They wouldn't lie would they?

Uncle_Patrick
04-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Man, just thinking about this injury makes me cringe. It sounds painful as all hell.

ChiSoxRowand
04-21-2005, 03:06 PM
There goes Murph's MVP pick

Banix12
04-21-2005, 03:09 PM
A strange effect of this injury is that the Cubs middle infield defense has suddenly become one of the better defenses in their division. Nomar and Walker are really average fielders at best. Perez and Hairston are lights out defensively.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want any player to get injured, especially an injury that sounds as horrible as Nomar's but at least defensively the Cubs should come out ahead.

Clembasbal
04-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Too bad for Mia...maybe she can give me a call.:D:

Lip Man 1
04-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Don't gloat to much gang.....karma remember? Things are going well for the Sox right now, let's not piss off the 'baseball gods' and have them start dumping on us again.

Lip

patbooyah
04-21-2005, 04:25 PM
besides- i really think nomar is a bad thing for any team. look what happened to the red sox when he left, and look what happened to the cubs when he got there.

DaleJRFan
04-21-2005, 04:37 PM
That's too bad. He's a hell of a player. I really thought he'd have a big year.

Personally, I think it stinks. The guy is obviously in a lot of pain. I never like seeing guys get hurt, no matter which team they play for. Considering the guy is hitting 170 and probably won't get a chance to raise that number up high... the backs of his baseball cards are going to look really bad from now on.

Plus, its a contract year. No one is going to sign him next season. Wait, scratch that. Detroit will sign him for 4 years, 58 million and move Carlos Guillen to 3B.

And... I want to see the Cubs go down in flames with all players healthy. No excuses! :angry: :angry: :angry:

dcb33
04-21-2005, 04:44 PM
So, as far as I'm concerned, they still have one coming.... Wood?

At this point that might actually help the Cubs...

slavko
04-21-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm not an expert on Nomore or Cub injuries, but hasn't he had a history with groin problems? I recall such a case when just after he married Mia, Mike North (gotta give credit) commented that before he was married he had a wrist injury and now he has a groin problem.

seahawk037
04-21-2005, 05:09 PM
NoMore swings, he falls, HE GONE!!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Especially after lunch today when the sports bar in the Presidential Towers had the Sox game on the large TV front and center (with sound) which was rudely changed a few minutes after we were served our food because some yahoos that walked in the door requested to see the Scrub game. All of this after we chose the table to sit at so we could watch the game. Of course, the hostess and the bartender were making excuses and then put the Sox on a bunch of the tiny TV's.

Dick Allen
04-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Don't gloat to much gang.....karma remember? Things are going well for the Sox right now, let's not piss off the 'baseball gods' and have them start dumping on us again.

LipI'd have to say the "baseball gods" owe us by now.

hose
04-21-2005, 05:59 PM
I always liked Nomar and it's to bad he has had a run of serious injuries lately.

I hope he gets healed up and is back in the line up this season.

The Racehorse
04-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Regardless of my fan-affiliation, I feel bad for the guy.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050421/capt.sts11004210153.cubs_cardinals_sts110.jpg

shoota
04-21-2005, 07:34 PM
North (gotta give credit) commented that before he was married he had a wrist injury and now he has a groin problem.

That's hilarious.

Ironic that Sox fans don't believe in curses but do believe in karma.

Brian26
04-21-2005, 07:54 PM

Lip

Give me a break, Lip. Which "gods" did we piss off in 2001 when Frank and Boomer Wells went down? What about 2004 when Mags and Frank went down (our #3 and #4 hitters)? What about in 2000 when our entire pitching staff got hurt at about the same time. I think we've had our fair share of injuries.

ChiSoxRowand
04-21-2005, 09:09 PM
besides- i really think nomar is a bad thing for any team. look what happened to the red sox when he left, and look what happened to the cubs when he got there.

But the Red Sox got Cabrera and Mienkeiwicz. The Cubs have Neifi Perez.

Lip Man 1
04-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Brian:
That's right so don't look looking for future trouble.

Besides I don't care if it is the Cubs, nobody likes to see anybody get hurt. I don't take any pleasure in it.

Lip

SOXPHILE
04-21-2005, 10:45 PM
I can just hear some future Johnny Baker press conference now:

"Dusty, how do you think Nomar's injury will affect the team ?"

"Huh ? Aww man,...dude, I don't know. He says he's hurtin', but thinks he'll be o.k. I mean, you guys are all sayin' it's some sort of groin injury or somthin' ? I mean, what's that ? I don't know nuthin' 'bout groins. Do you ? I mean, we all have them, but we don't know that much about them. We're not doctors, know what I mean ? How would you like it if I asked about your groin ? Dude, we don't even know if that's what he hurt. I mean, it could be he just twisted his ankle or something, I don't know. You guys make all this stuff up, and then all this other stuff gets leaked from the clubhouse, I don't know. Know what I mean guys ?" (Reporters all nod in agreement and giggle)

Next question- "So Dusty, what's Darrin been up to ?"

seanpmurphy
04-23-2005, 11:21 AM
DaleJRFan where are you sitting for the May 15th game. I'll be out in 161!

Go Sox

SOX ADDICT '73
04-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Regardless of my fan-affiliation, I feel bad for the guy.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050421/capt.sts11004210153.cubs_cardinals_sts110.jpg
If and when Nomar comes back, will he have to wear a special "taint restraint?"

CubsfansareDRUNK
04-23-2005, 01:20 PM
great, just another excuse i need to hear from scrub fans everywhere. this is just another thing they can blame because they didnt win the world series.

Fenway
04-23-2005, 03:32 PM
You have to wonder if Bob Ryan crossed a line yesterday with his comments in the Boston Globe but truth is the rumors about Nomar and steroids have been around for 4 years. One of the Boston Herald writers has said more than once that TWO players on last years team said they *knew* Nomar had used droids in the past.

The Dirt Dog's site is having a field day with it.

Garciaparra Weighs Injury Treatments (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2005/04/22/cubs_garciaparra_weighs_injury_treatments/)
The S-Word: The Boston Globe's Bob Ryan Drops it on Nomar (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/04/22/tough_out_for_injured_garciaparra/)
"...you can't help wondering just what he's been putting into his body
other than Wheaties and sirloin steaks."
And Mean-to-the-Little-People Mariotti Steals "Garciapopup" (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay22.html)
Court Clerk Donovan Dumped Beer on Sheff (http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=79683)

santo=dorf
04-24-2005, 01:41 PM
From Benmaller.com

For the Chicago Cubs, it is desperate measures for desperate times, but they shall remain desperate as far as Barry Larkin is concerned. With the loss of shortstop Nomar Garciaparra to a groin injury, the Cubs asked if retired Cincinnati Reds shortstop Barry Larkin would be interested in coming out of retirement to wear the blue pinstripes of the Cubs in Wrigley Field.

ROTFL!!

DumpJerry
04-24-2005, 02:44 PM
NoMore swings, he falls, HE GONE!!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Especially after lunch today when the sports bar in the Presidential Towers had the Sox game on the large TV front and center (with sound) which was rudely changed a few minutes after we were served our food because some yahoos that walked in the door requested to see the Scrub game. All of this after we chose the table to sit at so we could watch the game. Of course, the hostess and the bartender were making excuses and then put the Sox on a bunch of the tiny TV's.
I hope you let them know that from now on, you'll take your $$$ elsewhere....

TheBull19
04-24-2005, 06:55 PM
. One of the Boston Herald writers has said more than once that TWO players on last years team said they *knew* Nomar had used droids in the past.

What, like C3PO?

shoota
04-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Wasn't there a thread here a couple months ago about a website that accused Nomar of roiding? Maybe when he was on the cover of SI shirtless?