PDA

View Full Version : Jayson Stark Chat

maff
04-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Stark's chatting on ESPN, here's a White Sox answer from the Twins Biggest Cheerleader:

Jayson Stark: (11:22 AM ET ) I've picked the Twins to win the World Series, so I'm probably the wrong guy to ask. But the White Sox are one team I think I most underestimated. I'm still not sure how many runs they're going to score. And I'm not sure how trustworthy pitchers like Jose Contreras and El Duque are over six months. But they have one of the best pitching prospects in baseball waiting in triple-A -- Scott McCarthy. And I expect their bullpen to pitch better than it has. So they're a wild-card contender at the very least.

Does Brandon have a brother?

dcb33
04-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Stark's chatting on ESPN, here's a White Sox answer from the Twins Biggest Cheerleader:

Jayson Stark: (11:22 AM ET ) I've picked the Twins to win the World Series, so I'm probably the wrong guy to ask. But the White Sox are one team I think I most underestimated. I'm still not sure how many runs they're going to score. And I'm not sure how trustworthy pitchers like Jose Contreras and El Duque are over six months. But they have one of the best pitching prospects in baseball waiting in triple-A -- Scott McCarthy. And I expect their bullpen to pitch better than it has. So they're a wild-card contender at the very least.

I actually sent a message during the chat that said, "Does Brandon McCarthy have a twin brother that no one knows about? If so, this is great news because I didn't know our farm system was that stacked."

Unfortunately he did not respond to my query.

gosox41
04-21-2005, 10:52 AM

In other news, Jayson Stark offers further proof of why ESPN sucks.

Bob

Soxzilla
04-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Sorry, World Series teams don't score one run on 14 hits. Period.